THE COACH Poll: Should Kevin Walters be sacked?

Should the Broncos replace the coach?

• Yes

• No

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
Second time I've seen Webster mentioned. Aren't the Warriors going about as well as us this year? I haven't watched a lot of their games, admittedly, and I know they beat us, but it seems like they're on a similar trajectory at the moment.

Reckon Warriors locked him up until 2027 so, no chance of it happening.
Wasn't Ivan locked up at tigers before he was headhunted by the Panthers?

Think they only paid a transfer fee to tigers to get him out of that contract.

Second time I've seen Webster mentioned. Aren't the Warriors going about as well as us this year? I haven't watched a lot of their games, admittedly, and I know they beat us, but it seems like they're on a similar trajectory at the moment.
They've been one of the hardest hit by injuries this year... their depth is standing up reasonably well though.

A lot of fingers pointed at Reyno rather than KW tonight on 360 😂

Well ,,, when the opposition keep using the same move over and over and it is sucessful over and again .
You would expect your Captain and on field coach to make some adjustments .
That was galaringly obvious to not the case on Saturday .

Reckon Warriors locked him up until 2027 so, no chance of it happening.
Money talks matey. If both parties see the advantageous of a move it would happen overnight. Countless players (and some managers) have been "locked up" for years but nevertheless have moved. A contract is only fully binding until it is not.

So now we want to sack Kevvie for the bloke who has his team literally 1 point above us on the ladder despite also having a massive drop from top four last year?

A bloke who also had his team get 66 points put on them by the Titans.

So now we want to sack Kevvie for the bloke who has his team literally 1 point above us on the ladder despite also having a massive drop from top four last year?

They still managed to give us a footy lesson the following week though eh.

I understand your argument but when you look at it in detail it makes no sense. First of all if you are inferring that the Warriors should never have been beaten by the Titans because the Titans are a shit team and the Broncos are much better than them, then we should by your logic have been able to put at least 100 on the same team. As it is the Wahs gubbed us and so to did the Titans if you didn't notice.

We've hardly got grounds to be disparaging of either of the teams or how they are being coached when measured against our own performances against them.

I understand your argument but when you look at it in detail it makes no sense. First of all if you are inferring that the Warriors should never have been beaten by the Titans because the Titans are a shit team and the Broncos are much better than them, then we should by your logic have been able to put at least 100 on the same team. As it is the Wahs gubbed us and so to did the Titans if you didn't notice.

We've hardly got grounds to be disparaging of either of the teams or how they are being coached when measured against our own performances against them.

I'm not being disparaging at all, I'm simply pointing out that posters calling for Webster to coach us are missing the facts. He hasn't done any better / marginally better despite having much better depth than us this year, bringing in two star players in RTS and Capewell but also coping with injuries.

Why does he get a free pass AND get seen as a saviour but Kevvie is seen as not good enough, throw him out with the bath water?

They've been one of the hardest hit by injuries this year... their depth is standing up reasonably well though.
Money talks matey. If both parties see the advantageous of a move it would happen overnight. Countless players (and some managers) have been "locked up" for years but nevertheless have moved. A contract is only fully binding until it is not.
If us & Webster have mutual interest to join hands, I’m all in for Webster compared to Barrett. The big issue here is, will Webster be ok to forgo a NRL head coach role for an assistant role?

Warriors club & their fan base are heavily associated with Webster and wouldn’t want to let go of him at this moment. Irrespective of hypothetical scenario's, Warriors is the one club I would want to continue friendly ties with.

Bottom line, all I want is - us to be the Premiers year on year.

I'm not being disparaging at all, I'm simply pointing out that posters calling for Webster to coach us are missing the facts. He hasn't done any better / marginally better despite having much better depth than us this year, bringing in two star players in RTS and Capewell but also coping with injuries.

Why does he get a free pass AND get seen as a saviour but Kevvie is seen as not good enough, throw him out with the bath water?

One wears a Broncos polo and the other does not?

In NZ with all our origin players out?

Even so, why is he the saviour and Kevvie is not good enough despite us being only 1 point behind them with a better points differential?
Not saying that I believe Walters should be sacked. I dont think he should be but when you watch the Warriors they look like a well coached team they just don't have the talent at the end of the shape. Fullback and 5/8th mostly. They actually look like they have a structure. They just lack x factor. They actually are too structured imo. Brisbane needs a bit more structure but they have the talent and x factor. That would be the argument people are making.

Then I guess ours is too ... Both teams have won the same amount of games.

And we all know how fucked we've been injury wise this season

Active Now

• phoenix
  • Skyblues87
  • Battler
  • Bucking Beads
  • winslow_wong
  • Xzei
  • theshed
  • upthebroncs
  • bb_gun
  • jd87
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • ChewThePhatt
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.