THE COACH Poll: Should Kevin Walters be sacked?

Should the Broncos replace the coach?

• Yes

• No

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
Ok. If your think we didn't improve in 21 then that's your call.

Siebold made the 8 in 2019 from what I remember, even if it was 58-0..
Yeah sure, massive improvement. When Seibold left we were second bottom.
By the end of the next season, Kevvie had "improved" us to third bottom.

His big achievement was breaking Tom Dearden and laying the table for his son.

I mean I'm not his biggest supporter. I think Kev lacks a lot in the tactics and other areas, but I just think he did improve us from where we were. He got us to top 4 late in the season in 22, then to a GF.

I'm as disappointed as everyone else with him but he's improved us from where we were.

Your sarcasm says I'm not going to get anywhere further tho so have at it.

We get it, you hate Kev and wont be persuaded otherwise. Our current form slump must be so delicious for you at the moment so you can put the boot firmly into them. It must have really pained you last year when we made the grand final because you couldn't really say anything about Kev & Billy.

If you love Tom Dearden so much, why don't you go join him at the cowboys?

We get it, you hate Kev and wont be persuaded otherwise. Our current form slump must be so delicious for you at the moment so you can put the boot firmly into them. It must have really pained you last year when we made the grand final because you couldn't really say anything about Kev & Billy.

If you love Tom Dearden so much, why don't you go join him at the cowboys?
No one "hates" Kev. This is scraping the barrel of cope.

Dearden was always a talent. Kev should've been able to work with him. Had he been able to make something of Isaako, Niu, Coates, Milford, Croft, TPJ, Paix, Kelly etc, maybe that "improvement" would've be more substantial.

I mean I'm not his biggest supporter. I think Kev lacks a lot in the tactics and other areas, but I just think he did improve us from where we were. He got us to top 4 late in the season in 22, then to a GF.

I'm as disappointed as everyone else with him but he's improved us from where we were.

Your sarcasm says I'm not going to get anywhere further tho so have at it.
Not saying we didn't improve marginally, but by the end of the next season we were all miserable in here. Maybe you've forgotten because of last season being such an anomaly.

When Jesse Arthars openly admits that our training sessions are below par and that there are too many fundamental errors being made on the training paddock it screams both a lack of coaching and a lack of professionalism from the players. When he also says "you have to make sure you have a clear head when you go to training"players need to have a clear head" I get the feeling some of the players are turning up under the weather or the worse for wear during the week.

If that is the case it needs to be hammered by the coaching staff. I can't believe I'm reading this sort of shit about my club. I mean FFS!!!

WTF ? Was Captain Coach Reynolds doing about it is what I would like to know ? He is Kevvies on field leader . Seems the same tactic worked for 80 minutes ?

Is a fair point about ARey. Just what is he doing when he's out on the field to stop the rot when it starts to sink into the teams on field performances.

Same could be said about Patty............ incl Reece.

Three savage competitors...... leaders of the team. How is it the team right now can put in such piss poor performances where it doesn't even look like they're trying or give an actual **** whilst playing alongside these guys...??

Is a fair point about ARey. Just what is he doing when he's out on the field to stop the rot when it starts to sink into the teams on field performances.

Kicking short drop outs less than 10m or out on the full.

All I’ve seen him do lately tbh

A lot of the wishful chatter about Deardon is all based on hindsight.......
Agreed. We all wanted him to be the player he is now, but I certainly didn't see it at the time.

I didn't think he would turn out to be an absolute gun, he's really come good.

Inb4 McHunt says, "Well it's another strike against Kev". I mean, it is, to a degree, but you could say that about a heap of players under a heap of coaches.

I was a no given that kev is not out there making mistakes or missing tackles, but after reading and seeing post training interviews and how many mistakes they are making at training, that has begun changing my position on things.

Mistakes, accountability, attitude are directly under kev's control at training. If he can't address those things at training, how will they be addressed on field?

The concern was that the broncos released less talented but effort based players, and invested everything in youth and potential again (similar to 2019, 2020) and have now ended with a similar result.

I was a no given that kev is not out there making mistakes or missing tackles, but after reading and seeing post training interviews and how many mistakes they are making at training, that has begun changing my position on things.

Where can one see/read/hear these post training interviews....?

I didn't think he would turn out to be an absolute gun, he's really come good.
That said......I think his performances and standing (a top 5/8) is due to a large part of there is **** all other 5/8's to compare him to.

for eg.......If Munster was fit this year for SOO........Deardon wouldn't be getting a look in.

Regardless of the grade you give Kev over the last 3 seasons -

It's an objective fact that our current trajectory doesn't see us competing and winning games against the top 4 with any regularity, with a sprinkling of getting hammered by an embarrassing scoreline.

It's looking like the best we can hope for in '25 with our current style of playing/coaching is to pad out the top 8 and flounder out in week 1 or 2 of the finals, with not a small possibility of it being a lopsided score against us.

To me this means the coach who has had 3 years to prepare and coach the team to his systems has FAILED.

Someone who takes our club to a GF and wins the damn thing. in doing so if they can set the club structures up for future success they’d be considered a great coach in my eyes.
One club out of 17 wins a grand final and when a team is on a 3 peat there is the same 16 losers 3 years running(15 for the first 2).

Active Now

• davidp
  • Financeguy
  • Bucking Beads
  • leon.bott
  • Dash
  • Dexter
  • broncsgoat
  • john1420
  • upthebroncs
  • Xzei
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • broncos4life
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.