THE COACH Poll: Should Kevin Walters be sacked?

Should the Broncos replace the coach?

• Yes

• No

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
My 2 cent.
Kevvie and the coaching staff may be too one dimensional with the stay positive and it’ll all work out kinda attitude I get from watching his interviews. I think it is important to have that, but also looking at a lot of successful coaches and teams, it’s equaling as important to have a bit of the angry ass hole accountability tyrant that keeps players on their toes, working their asses off and focussed on winning that you get from Bennett, Bellemy, Hasler, McGuire etc..

Parker had a good rant last week on his radio show about the possible lack of accountability in this current group, and the earlier bennett days and the assholeness of Bennett and some of the senior players that kept the younger guys focussed and in check.

90’s Chicago bulls is a good example
They had the ultra hard working tyrant Jordan that would lose his shit if guys weren’t putting in 100%.
With Phil Jackson balancing it out with his Buddhism and Native American stuff.

We need more tyrant assholes around, to balance thing out and keep the young group from getting complacent and big heads, especially after how well they went last year.
Interesting points. Kevin did his best work as a player under Bennett. He also spent time under Bellamy as a player, did he?, and an assistant coach at the Storm. People forget that Bellamy was Bennetts prized pupil at the Broncos. Both are the most successful coaches of the modern era for different reasons. Such an interesting battle between two coaching styles.

It would be incredible to have those two coaches in a room, and the truth be told. Fascinating that Bennett was so lucky to find Bellamy. Equally fascinating that he couldn't pass the torch. Imagine if Bellamy seamlessly transitioned...The Broncos would have 15 premierships.

Payne hasn't been payne since his injury. He's still been one of the premier props in the competition. The bench rotation with the forwards was great I thought despite sailor being a useless sub.

That whole edge just defended better I thought. Piakura, Mariner etc. Maybe rogers is more competent defender but i dont think so. Put mam in the side and we probably put 50 on em.
Can you honestly tell me that Payne provides anything close to his mammoth price tag? Does Payne change the game? Is he our clutch player, The guy they throw it to when it's on the line?

What does Payne do besides eat the metres and our salary cap? I wouldn't death ride the bloke if he signed for 950 to a million, but he wanted everything, plus anything anyone else wanted. Value for money? Good luck Payne for bettering this contract.

Can you honestly tell me that Payne provides anything close to his mammoth price tag? Does Payne change the game? Is he our clutch player, The guy they throw it to when it's on the line?

What does Payne do besides eat the metres and our salary cap? I wouldn't death ride the bloke if he signed for 950 to a million, but he wanted everything, plus anything anyone else wanted. Value for money? Good luck Payne for bettering this contract.
According to zero tackle: Tino is on 1.2 mil for 10 years, AFB is on 1 mil a year, Paulo is on 950k, JFH is on 950k. There is a dearth of quality props and the position is in high demand. Payne is by far the best prop forward in the comp (first picked for NSW and Aus in the position); his contract really isn't that ridiculous, he's just been injured this year.

EDIT: Last year averaged 187 running meters, 4.9 tackle busts, 2.1 offloads a game while tackling at a 98.5% tackle efficiency.

According to zero tackle: Tino is on 1.2 mil for 10 years, AFB is on 1 mil a year, Paulo is on 950k, JFH is on 950k. There is a dearth of quality props and the position is in high demand. Payne is by far the best prop forward in the comp (first picked for NSW and Aus in the position); his contract really isn't that ridiculous, he's just been injured this year.

EDIT: Last year averaged 187 running meters, 4.9 tackle busts, 2.1 offloads a game while tackling at a 98.5% tackle efficiency.
Payne is a good metre eater. The contracts you say are also bad. Does Payne win us any games on his back alone? his price tag says so.

Out of the 5 props named, only one of those props plays for a successful club. Maybe there is something in not paying props big money.

Out of the 5 props named, only one of those props plays for a successful club. Maybe there is something in not paying props big money
How the F*&# can people not understand that.

Titans payed Jarrod Hayne how much? He will make the club a destination club...They paid Ash Taylor how much?...They paid David Fifita to sit on a bench? Prop forward money has gone stupid! clubs are suffering.

The real problem is game managing halfbacks. Every spine player is an eyes up footballer.

Props can camp out all day on your 20m line, but spine players get it done. Dime a dozen players props.

The main issue I have with Haas for the money he's on is the lack of physicality in attack and defence.
No fear factor.
Great stat player but a top notch prop has to have mongrel IMO.

If you want a player for the money your asking you either find another Carrigan out of your Arse or read a fantasy book where it can exist.

Middles are a big money position and if you don't want to pay that your not going to get a good one unless a rarity like Carrigan comes around and is willing to take unders to stay.

Bellamy might have a totally different style from Bennett but this is also one solid leaf he took from the Bennettball book...seems to have worked okay for the Storm as well.
Ironically, the first player Bellamy poached from Bennett was Glen Lazarus. And made him captain.

Active Now

• Spooky1013
  • Manofoneway
  • Foordy
  • Midean
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Shane Tronc
  • Harry Sack
  • BooKhaki
  • theshed
  • Dreaglor
  • Porthoz
  • Fozz
  • broncos4life
  • winslow_wong
  • Galah
  • broncsgoat
  • Rambstien
  • FACTHUNT
  • Justwin
  • RolledOates
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.