THE COACH Poll: Should Kevin Walters be sacked?

Should the Broncos replace the coach?

• Yes

• No

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
My question is if kevvie gets the sack does Billy do the honourable thing and quit in a rage due to a fake board decision? If so I say sack him. Otherwise he gets one more little shot at it next year.

Some people just don’t have what it takes to be a head coach though. For mine that doesn’t make them shit assistant coaches. By all reports JD is a tremendous assistant coach, put him in a position where he has to manage relationships more intricately and he completely fucked it over.

Coaching is a balancing act and some just don’t quite have the skills, creativity, personality to cut it as a head coach. Assistant coach is a lot less like that. I’ll take Trent especially in attack any day of the week. I think Peter Wallace and JD are probably the only two assistants I’d have taken before him personally. Sure his head coaching record is grim but at the end of the day he is the one getting head coaching jobs, interim coach promotions and shit like that which means he is a lot better than the average assistant running around. Obviously his head coaching record is rough but the best he has gotten to work with was manly all those years ago. He was an absolute deadset dickhead for taking the doggies job and idk what on earth he could have done to turn the Eels team around. Filled with past it has beens, journeyman plodders and rookies.

The acquisition of Ben Te’O has been criticised a bit as well but I genuinely rate that signing so highly. I think he is probably one of if not the most promising young coaches going around tbh.

Within 3 seasons of retiring he coached Redcliffe colts to a grand final (beaten by a stacked blackhawks team) whilst simultaneously coaching the Nudgee 2nd XV first year out of the NRL and at a different club to the one he retired at.

Within 12 months of retiring he was appointed into the cup head coach role whilst doing a fair bit of work with and around the NRL team that year. They bowed out first round of finals after coming 5th with a 11-3-6 record and losing by 6 points against a stacked Falcons side that had the likes of Fa’alogo, Anderson, Olam, J Nik, Vaalepu, Wishart, Pene, Howarth, Lewis all playing for them.

Come to this season and the dolphins have finished 3rd. Found themselves in some strife in the finals series with a mixture of injuries and a squadron of players being called up to NRL so it’s likely to end this afternoon but that’s life you can’t tarnish Te’O for that result.

To wrap it all up he also was the u19 maroons coach this year and that is by far the best they have looked in some time whilst definitely not having the same level of quality that NSW had littered throughout there side.

Not to mention the bloke might be just about be the most experienced cross-coder to go into coaching. NRL premiership, 174 NRL games across 3 different clubs (essentially 4), 7 Origins, a test match for Samoa, 98 club union games in 4 different teams and 3 different comps, 16 tests for union and 2 British and Irish Lions appearances. Not to mention he has the experience of playing in the forwards in the NRL and backs in union. Fair to say the bloke has seen it all and has a shit ton of knowledge and experience to go with his clear knack for coaching.

The more I think about it I'm liking Teo coming on board more and more.
If he can bring the way he played to our playing group that's going to add something.
He was a backrower who could run a line and was a guy who didn't take a backward step if he could teach those 2 things he's done better than Cartwright.

Reynolds won a comp with him at Souths and credits him for getting them there, so I'm sure Reynolds would have had a word to Kev and said what he brings.

Based on past experience with coaches at the Bunnies (i.e. JD), I would say there is 100%, absolutely no way Kev would be sacked this year as a result of the review. They only way that would happen is if there was a complete player revolt against the coach, or Kevvie offers nothing to the CEO/board in terms of how he is going to fix things/put strategies in place.

Of course, Kev could very well go into question and answer time with Donaghy and ummm and ahhh and start wiping imaginary crumbs off the CEO's desk. This, in all likelihood, would likely result in his services no longer being required, you'd have to think. :xxxx:

Bennett probably missed the top 8 like 5 times maybe in 30 year?
Kev missed it 3 out 4
Why we wasting our time with him
I would love to win a premiership with Kev but I don’t think it’s going to happen
Wayne missed the semi finals in his first four years at the Broncos.... three times.

What are Broncos fans going to do when the big dogs play over the next few weeks?

Other than stroke your flaccid dicks, of course.

What are Broncos fans going to do when the big dogs play over the next few weeks?

Other than stroke your flaccid dicks, of course.
Brush our teeth and enjoy the fact that we didn’t marry our sister like Penrith fans

Your life choices only consist of watching footy or stroking your flaccid dick…you get sadder by the post
Well I’m pretty confident he hasn’t gone through puberty yet so he probably thinks it’s always like that.

Newcastle have made the finals 4 out of the last 5 years….

Well he has done more with less so maybe he’s an upgrade.

I don't recall him making a GF. I suppose I could have missed it, since I've been tuning out the NRL once we're out of contention (thanks Vlandys 😢)

FTR Kevvies finals winning percentage is 66.6% (2 wins from 3 games) compared to Adam Obrien's 25% (1 win from 4 games)

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • Harry Sack
  • Sproj
  • IceWorks
  • Gaz
  • sooticus
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Pablo
  • Mr Fourex
  • mitch222
  • davidp
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.