Positive Things Said About the Broncos Future - Thread

I think Milford will develop into the games best half. Game management is something that can be learnt (Eg crock) and slowly but surely he is progressing, week by week

Totally agree. It is taking a bit longer than expected......but piece by piece he is putting it together.

We get organiser Milf 1 week and nothing else. We get ball running Milf 1 week and nothing else.....then we get a "not into the game" Milf the next week...and nothing else.

He seems to thrive best when his other halves partner is confident and playing well. Locky had Alfie when he first started.

Milford has had a 2015 Hunt when they both played their best football to date.......then Milford had a 2016 Shunt who's confidence was shot and looked at times, devoid of all footballing skill. Then he had a 2017 Shunt who had slipped so badly he was dropped back to QCup....then Milf got paired up with a reserve grade fullback, picked to play first grade at half.

Given a quality halves partner, Milford will start to shine more consistently.

I think letting Arrow go was actually a good move. Su’a will be the better player in only a short period of time.

I think letting Arrow go was actually a good move. Su’a will be the better player in only a short period of time.

We should have bought James Tedesco last season instead. He’s a good player...

Am not saying that this would be a positive for the Broncs - But has anyone heard any news of late that Broncs may be looking to sign Robbie farrah? My very drunk mate tonight was hinting that it might be on the cards.

No bigger fan of Su’A then me but the way Arrow played for Titans last night we should of kept him. He is developing into one hell of a player.

No bigger fan of Su’A then me but the way Arrow played for Titans last night we should of kept him. He is developing into one hell of a player.
Arrows doing very well. But he is 2 years older then Sua, 2 years ago I don't think arrow had even got to nrl yet never mind played nearly 20 games and held his own as a starting player yet. Would you put arrow in at lock ahead of TPJ or shift TPJ and put lodge or haas to the bench in the future? We may lose one or all of them so should we just give up on planning for the future and re-sign every player we have no matter the price?

Funuicane, McGuire, Jackson, de Belin, ect... all great players and necessary to a successful team. Medium builds, tough in defence, workhorses and good late footwork with a little bit of ball playing skill. But on top of all those talented middle players we have with greater ceilings to their talent we also have the 2017 origin player of the year and our most consistent forward for the past 3-4 years (along with Gillett) as a middle man who plays the same role as arrow.

Players like him are vital but we have ours and we wouldn't have won ONE game that we lost this year if we had arrow, but we may have lost a player that will win us many more now and in the future if we got into a bidding war with the titans who are enjoying such a great season with all the players we will rue losing and we are in the pits of our worst start for years.. but wait, we are still 1 win ahead of them. Weird we don't copy their paying overs strategy I guess...

Isnt this the positive thread btw?

Am not saying that this would be a positive for the Broncs - But has anyone heard any news of late that Broncs may be looking to sign Robbie farrah? My very drunk mate tonight was hinting that it might be on the cards.

I have very mixed feelings on Farrah.

Clearly he is a bit of a shunt.

But we won't ever win a GF with Andrew McCullough as our dummy half.

Last edited:

Clearly is is a bit of a shunt.

Agreed. Still remember in the 2015 GF he had an unmarked Corey Parker in under the sticks if he bothered to look to his left. Little to no attacking spark at all.

Anyway, it's not like one moment decides a premiership or anything.

One is an edge backrower, the other a lock/prop. Apples and oranges.

My opinion was based on playing from the bench not starting, Arrow would be very lucky to get a starting spot with the forwards we have atm.

Clearly is is a bit of a shunt.

I'm in the camp of sign him this week. He's easily better than Macca even at 34, or 35 whatever it is, and even if he is only injury cover, it'll put a lot of pressure on Macca to up his game. He's also not half bad as a 7 for cover around origin time or injuries. Maybe, just maybe, Macca might learn some attacking spark too.

I'm curious to see who Bennett selects at 9 this week, because this prop at hooker stuff is rubbish.

Active Now

• ozzball
  • Gaz
  • Foordy
  • Strop
  • phoenix
  • Santa
  • Alec
  • johnny plath
  • Broncosgirl
  • Allo
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • dasherhalo
  • Johnny92
  • Skyblues87
  • Footy Fanatic
  • davidp
  • bert_lifts
  • Broncones
  • Culhwch
... and 11 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.