Post Game Discussion - Round 9 - Penrith

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
Take those 2 points and high tail it to the horizon.

First half was very good, second half was atrocious, but at least our defence is the best in the code. Hunt needs to practice field goals all week.

Also, Jack Reed is the new Josh Hoggman. Either he doesn't trust Maranta (maybe for good reason) or he is trying to overplay to save his arse in the squad.

Last edited:
Our defence was great...in our own 20. But it's painful how much yardage they were giving away before that.

Other than a few clean up tackles, Reed was bad. Maranta looked ordinary, and I really don't think Blair is anything more than a 30 or so minute bench player.

I was expecting Cecchin to rule no try lol

EAD Penriff that's what happens when you play like Yawnion

I think I'm more exhausted than Darius after that, I haven't jumped that high since Grade 12 basketball.

I was happy with Boyd's return, handled himself well by not overplaying his hand, given time I think he will find his feet again.

I like this one so much I'm using it twice ....

http://img.pandawhale.com/30847-****-Yeah-gif-VgzJ.gif

Milford had his best game as a 5/8th this round and probably saved Hunt from a worse performance in that second half. He seems to be getting the hang of it now.

I'm quite happy for Maranta and Reed to be dropped now, despite Reed actually having a good game by his standards, he severely lacks the tools of the modern centre, throw Kahu in at left centre and have Oates & Copley on the wings or something.

So what was the verdict on Boyd ? I didn't see any of the game so..

Josh McGuire was a well deserved MOM ... our go forward really suffered when he was off the field.

Reed is Josh Hoffman version 2 ... doesn't pass and when he does it is either shit or gives it to his winger with no space to move.

I think that was actually Milford's best game in our colours. I know he didn't score 2 tries like the other games, but he set up one with a beautiful cutout pass to Kahu; and he seemed to be closer to getting the balance right between running and passing. he just looked dangerous all night.

Hunt is banned forever from kicking field goals ... to miss one right in front, 20m out is unforgivable...

For POTS I'd have to go with:

3- McGuire
2- Milford
1- Kahu

We totally sucked at the little things. But again, play like shit, hang on, one good play wins it. Unbelievable. Hodges was fantastic. Dragged us kicking and screaming towards the win, just this time he was restrained enough to just do his job, not throw that stupid last pass (like he wanted to like 4 or 5 times) and trust the others to do theirs too. How sweet it was for Oates to stomp over Soward The Angry Ant for the matchwinner. Top of the ladder still, I feel disgusted to have to will Souffs to a win do we own it outright.

Definitely a game to forget. Loving Kahu, Oates and Nikorima's zippiness adds a shitload of excitement. Glad to see Boyd make it through the 80. Milford starting to have an impact too.

So what was the verdict on Boyd ? I didn't see any of the game so..

Well, he got through the game. That's all you can really say so far. Obviously hasn't played in a long time.

On the bright side, if Souffs can beat the Dragons, we're all alone at the top of the ladder

Active Now

• davidp
  • broncos4life
  • mystico
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Big Del
  • Aldo
  • Sproj
  • Bucking Beads
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Fozz
  • sooticus
  • Bish
  • Dash
  • Horseheadsup
  • GCBRONCO
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.