POST MORTEM. Cowboys Broncs Grand Final.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
giphy.gif

Culhwch

Culhwch

NRL Captain
Mar 28, 2008
I'm pretty sure it was all a conspiracy at the behest of the reverse vampires. We're through the looking glass here, people.

Battler

Battler

State of Origin Rep
Dec 4, 2013
I have flashbacks to the Morgan flick pass (from my seat at ANZ) whenever the GF is mentioned. I still remember the horror that swept over me at ANZ, the faces of the rabid cowboy fans in my section screaming in my face, the collective shock of the bronco supporters...

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
I'm not sure why I found that funny..

But yeah, it is funny.

coreyh88

coreyh88

NRL Player
Sep 24, 2012
I watched a reply the other day. I noticed with the Ben Hunt 'knock on' although he definitely knocked it forward he then got a second touch of it on the way to the grass and knocked it back from there. I could be mistaken but does that not then mean it wasn't a knock on?

CaptainHook

CaptainHook

NRL Player
Jun 17, 2013
I watched a reply the other day. I noticed with the Ben Hunt 'knock on' although he definitely knocked it forward he then got a second touch of it on the way to the grass and knocked it back from there. I could be mistaken but does that not then mean it wasn't a knock on?

You could be right - it definitely deserves a second look but at that point in the game I don't think it matters. Brisbane had shut up shop and only one side was going for the win.

It honestly amazes me how many Broncos fans put so much emphasis on the final minute. We didn't score a try in the entire second half. Why doesn't that little fact get more debate? We had declared our hand and were content to defend a slender lead.

My question is even IF Ben Hunt takes that catch exactly where are our points coming from to win the game? Sorry folks, imo you either want to score points or you don't. We didn't in that second half. I don't think we're a side atm that can turn atttack on and off.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Whenever the Broncos tried to score points, the Cowboys got away with murder and it killed any momentum we gained. We also weren't great in attack.. Throwing bad passes and taking the wrong option.

The Broncos did what worked against the Cowboys for years and what has won them premierships in the past.

Last edited:
CaptainHook

CaptainHook

NRL Player
Jun 17, 2013
Whenever the Broncos tried to score points, the Cowboys got away with murder and it killed any momentum we gained. We also weren't great in attack.. Throwing bad passes and taking the wrong option.

The Broncos did what worked for them in the first week and what has worked against the Cowboys for years and what has won them premierships in the past.

That's a fair call. I'd agree with a lot of it up to the point where we elected to take the second penalty goal. It's hard for the oppositon to kill momentum when your team does it themselves by increasing a 2 point lead to a 4 point one...

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
What momentum? It was two minutes into the second half and the Broncos were only in position due to a fluke penalty.

CaptainHook

CaptainHook

NRL Player
Jun 17, 2013
What momentum? It was two minutes into the second half and the Broncos were only in position due to a fluke penalty.

We scored first in the game with the first penalty and then Oates scored a brilliant try. We easily started the game better than the Cowboys. We had a lot of momentum. Then Gillett coughed up posession and the Cowboys immediately hit back. Strangely, that mistake doesn't get bought up a lot - just Ben Hunt's dropped ball it seems.

The point I'm trying to make is how anyone with even a rudimetary knowledge of rugby league can really think a game can be won or lost in the final minute is beyond me.

Rugby league is different to other football codes where there is a constant scramble for possession. In RL if you don't make mistakes, you'll hold possession and invariably win the game. I don't know why fans fixate on errors in the last minute and ignore the ones in the previous 79. They all add up, I reckon.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
We easily started the game better than the Cowboys. We had a lot of momentum.

Not in the instance you were initially referring to.

I don't know why fans fixate on errors in the last minute and ignore the ones in the previous 79.

You're only as good as your last play.

Gillett redeemed himself with a good try.

JT pulled the Cowboys out of the fire.

Ben Hunt? Yeah...not his best game even before his horrific final 10 minutes.

I don't agree with it but that's just the mentality that exists in sports. Strangely, I find it's opposition supporters who are really laying into Hunt. Brisbane fans if anything just felt sorry for him.

Marty Deutschmann

Marty Deutschmann

NRL Captain
Oct 23, 2013

I agree with this. After watching it myself, it bounces way behind him

Unread

Active Now

• Harry Sack
  • Bish
  • Seibs
  • broncsgoat
  • Bucking Beads
  • Fozz
  • Jedhead
  • Broncos Maestro
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.