Post your Kangaroos Merit team

You don’t think Edwards’ 300m contributes hugely to that? Using your logic, if Edwards was in our side last night we win it, that says it all.
He is a runner, not a creator, Walsh has barely hit 200 meters in any game all year and has been critical for wins in more games than you can count, because he isn't one dimensional.

We have strong runners in our team in the outside backs so it's not soo much of an issue.

if Edwards was in our team it would be like having a second Herbie instead of Walsh, it would definitely make us weaker and less dangerous in attack our real strength.

Edwards is underrated, has three premierships on the trot never plays a bad game is super safe under the high ball and ran for 300m (depending on which site you go by) in a GF. He has every bit a shout as any other fullback, just doesn’t get noticed because he isn’t flashy.
I dont reckon he is underated, i think people just know his limitations. He's good in the Panthers system. I dont believe he's as effective if he moves elsewhere because he doesnt really have many other strings to his bow apart from being a reliable fullback who compliments their playing style, which is all he needs to be at Penrith.

I dont see him being able to carry a side on his back like say Ponga did for example at Newcastle. As long as he is at Penrith though, he's a top fullback, i just dont think he offers what other fullbacks do which is a problem when you are tied into one system.

He is a runner, not a creator, Walsh has barely hit 200 meters in any game all year and has been critical for wins in more games than you can count, because he isn't one dimensional.

We have strong runners in our team in the outside backs so it's not soo much of an issue.

if Edwards was in our team it would be like having a second Herbie instead of Walsh, it would definitely make us weaker and less dangerous in attack our real strength.

Walsh - 37 line break assists and 23 try assists, he’s right up there as the best or one of in that category. He also had 53 handling errors and 50 errors, so for every piece of brilliance, he’s also doing something stupid. You know who isn’t on that list? Edwards and sure he is also not assisting with line breaks and tries but he’s making line breaks and scoring them. He also has 600 more pick return metres than anyone else. I’m not just putting this from my butt. He deserves to be there.

Walsh - 37 line break assists and 23 try assists, he’s right up there as the best or one of in that category. He also had 53 handling errors and 50 errors, so for every piece of brilliance, he’s also doing something stupid. You know who isn’t on that list? Edwards and sure he is also not assisting with line breaks and tries but he’s making line breaks and scoring them. He also has 600 more pick return metres than anyone else. I’m not just putting this from my butt. He deserves to be there.
Errors don't matter if the player is consistently worth more points than the potential loss which Walsh has been easily all year.

Also Error stats haven't exactly caught up to separating where they are on the field, like making an error near their line and making an error on your line are a big difference.

Penrith own the field in the majority of games so Edwards also has the easiest ball return job in reality.

yeah I have to say though, Staggs has to make the Roos team, he has been very disrespected with his ability in rep teams, and it was clear if NSW didn't have a mentally handicapped coach he should of been the right centre this year.

Cobbo is basically pencilled in, and if he isn't in the roos team this is bullshit.

actually **** it I'll put the my post GF roos team that should be the side for the pacific cup
(I am factoring in allegiances that I know will happen)from what I know they have a 20 man side but that might increase not sure:

1. Walsh
2. Tuilagi
3. Hammer
4. Staggs
5. Cobbo
6. Munster
7. Cleary
8. Cotter
9. Grant
10. Haas
11. Fifita
12. Martin
13. Carrigan
14. Ponga
15. Murray
16. Tino
17. Collins
18. Mam
19. Hunt
20. Yeo

I think with Mal making Murray captain in the PM game shows he is above Yeo from what I have seen but I think both make it overall.

Mam has to make the side, Munster will take it on reputation but he will be in the extended bench for a starting 6 role in one of the games is my bet, being dally M 6 of the year plus mega GF performance it's impossible to ignore.

Also possible that Egan takes Hunts spot but given he can be a backup half and hooker he is valuable.

Nsw for what ever reason has a hard on for picking 3 fullbacks one that hamstrings are MIA one that is just fat and the others best days are behind him should have been staggs/best combo from the outset

Nsw for what ever reason has a hard on for picking 3 fullbacks one that hamstrings are MIA one that is just fat and the others best days are behind him should have been staggs/best combo from the outset
I put Hammer above of Best but either or is fine with me, Best is more of a Staggs style barging type Centre where Hammer is just stupid fast with good footwork and fending, Hammer might be more suitable in a QLD dominated spine though.

I put Hammer above of Best but either or is fine with me, Best is more of a Staggs style barging type Centre where Hammer is just stupid fast with good footwork and fending, Hammer might be more suitable in a QLD dominated spine though.
Yeah was purely thinking nsw but hammer/staggs would be my aus pairing for some reason im struggling to remember who played right center for qld this year,altho critter would have to be a shout for that left center spot.

Yeah was purely thinking nsw but hammer/staggs would be my aus pairing for some reason im struggling to remember who played right center for qld this year
Holmes who will definitely not be in the team after playing with the nose beers.

For me, if Walsh makes fullback, Mam has to make the team in some form due to the combinations.

Holmes who will definitely not be in the team after playing with the nose beers.
Was i correct in hearing that latrell was going to play in the same tournament that ado carr got belted in? Even tho he missed games with a injured finger and calf before that?

Was i correct in hearing that latrell was going to play in the same tournament that ado carr got belted in? Even tho he missed games with a injured finger and calf before that?
Koori knockout, I don't know if he did but probably he was out at the end because of suspension though I thought.

Active Now

• Astro
  • Johnny92
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.