Post your Kangaroos Merit team

Mustafur

Mustafur

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Jun 13, 2019
So merit team means it's based on current form as of now, you can post later if that changes but base your Kangaroos squad as of right now that you see fit.

for me as of the time making the thread this is what I think the Current best Kangaroos team is:

1. Walsh
2. Tuilagi
3. Holmes
4. Hammer
5. Coates(but this can change easily by Cobbo's form)
6. Munster
7. DCE
8. Collins
9. Hunt
10. Haas
11. Fifita
12. Martin
13. Carrigan

14. Grant
15.Yeo
16. Tino
17. Cotter

18. Ponga

Very Qld based but honestly earned, the ball playing lock has proved to be ineffectual in the high quality games so I think Carrigan deserves his spot as top lock, DCE easily trumps Cleary at this point considering he was actually the better player in the world cup and definitely the best 7 in Origin thus far, whilst in career best from club wise.

QLD outside backs dominate for a reason they have been another level this year, I have Coates above Cobbo atm but it's still very contested because Cobbo has been a bit iffy since taking Teddys knee to his hip and Coates has honestly been good at the tough carry's recently which Cobbo was well ahead before, because Coates has usually been the softest big winger you have even seen before his performance in game 2, usually folding like origami in every tackle and pushed back.

I still think Oates is the best left side winger in the comp by a Margin but I think he needs an origin game this year there to prove his case which he wont get with Billy's youth strategy unfortunately, so it hurts his case.

Collins after his insane performances this year deserves the starting 8 spot.

Martin takes the 12. based on the fact he has consistently been NSW best player and plays like his life is on the line you have to respect that, one of the only NSW players to get origin.

Murray misses out purely at this stage because of lack of game time in origin and as a similar player to Cotter, loses in the head to head, as Cotter has proven he can cover edge at a high level whilst being a better middle, I would rather him then Yeo with his play style but for form reasons I have to drop him.

The Hunt to Grant change is the best possible Hooker combo still as of now, while Hunt has been a bit invisible in the origin series this just still works as is.

Ponga gets the 18 based on versatility, and has bounced back well since the head knock saga.

If you are doing a squad:

1. Walsh (Broncos)
2. Oates (Broncos)
3. Graham (Souths)
4. Hammer (Dolphins)
5. To’o (Panthers)
6. Munster (Storm)
7. DCE (Sea Eagles)
8. Tino (Titans)
9. Robson (Cowboys)
10. Haas (Broncos)
11. Fifita (Titans)
12. Martin (Panthers)
13. Carrigan (Broncos)

14. Grant (Storm)
15. Murray (Souths)
16. Collins (Roosters)
17. Horsbrough (Raiders)

18. Ponga (Knights)
19. Taulagi (Cowboys)
20. Holmes (Cowboys)
21. Moses (Eels)
22. Cook (Souths)
23. Yeo (Panthers)
24. Paulo (Eels)
25. Kolomatagi (Souths)

No doubt I’ve forgotten a few but it is early and I can’t sleep

If you are doing a squad:

1. Walsh (Broncos)
2. Oates (Broncos)
3. Graham (Souths)
4. Hammer (Dolphins)
5. To’o (Panthers)
6. Munster (Storm)
7. DCE (Sea Eagles)
8. Tino (Titans)
9. Robson (Cowboys)
10. Haas (Broncos)
11. Fifita (Titans)
12. Martin (Panthers)
13. Carrigan (Broncos)

14. Grant (Storm)
15. Murray (Souths)
16. Collins (Rooster
17. Horsbrough (Raiders)

18. Ponga (Knights)
19. Taulagi (Cowboys)
20. Holmes (Cowboys)
21. Moses (Eels)
22. Cook (Souths)
23. Yeo (Panthers)
24. Paulo (Eels)
25. Kolomatagi (Souths)

No doubt I’ve forgotten a few but it is early and I can’t sleep
Remember To'o is Samoan first, so Kangaroos is out, though I agree he is the best right winger in the game.
I probably made my team too realistic rather than ideal, because Oates beats Tuilagi in every single measure Statically but the way Roos sides are picked it's like a best of Origin side, and Oates doesn't get picked on his age rather than ability when it comes to Billy's QLD side. which sucks because we all know he is the best left winger in the game.

Love Horse but he is definitely behind Yeo when it comes to Roos, if Carrigan isn't the 13 at the end of the year, it's honestly fucked he has clearly proven to be the best lock in the game in the highest quality matches.

Because origin weighs more, Cotter has to be in the 17 at this current moment.

i dont think their is any world where robson should be in the merit team,would think game two api would have played ahead of him and seens it is a merit team then he would be ahead.
personally id still go hunt/grant

i dont think their is any world where robson should be in the merit team,would think game two api would have played ahead of him and seens it is a merit team then he would be ahead.
personally id still go hunt/grant
Yeah I don't think the QLD combination will be deposed unless Hunt retires from Rep footy, Robson would need a big game 3 to be ahead of Cook and Api imo.

1.Walsh
2.Cobbo
3.Holmes
4.Mitchell
5.To'o
6.Munster
7.Cleary
8.Haas
9.Grant
10.Tino
11.Fifita
12.Martin
13.Yeo
14.Hunt
15.Cotter
16.Murray
17.Carrigan
18.Collins

Thats my team if there's end of year test.

1.Walsh
2.Cobbo
3.Holmes
4.Mitchell
5.To'o
6.Munster
7.Cleary
8.Haas
9.Grant
10.Tino
11.Fifita
12.Martin
13.Yeo
14.Hunt
15.Cotter
16.Murray
17.Carrigan
18.Collins

Thats my team if there's end of year test.
Think Collins and Hammer have been very hard done by on that, I feel Yeo has lost his starting spot to Carrigan at this point quite comfortably atm, your bench lacks a big middle which I don't think would be realistic, unless Tino swaps with say Cotter.

Also To'o is Somoan first which should be noted, that could change if they don't end up having a game, but from what is being talked about there will be a tri series with Aus, NZ and Samoa at this stage, Tonga is doing a tour in England.

But overall not that bad, it would require Mitchell and Cleary at this stage to come back with some form.

1. Walsh
2. Cobbo
3. Staggs
4. Sailor
5. Oates
6. Mam
7. Reynolds
8. Haas
9. Walters
10. Flegler
11. Piakura
12. Capewell
13. Carrigan
14. Paix
15. Hetherington
16. Te Kura
17. Jensen

1. Walsh
2. Cobbo
3. Staggs
4. Sailor
5. Oates
6. Mam
7. Reynolds
8. Haas
9. Walters
10. Flegler
11. Piakura
12. Capewell
13. Carrigan
14. Paix
15. Hetherington
16. Te Kura
17. Jensen
kudos lmao.

got to have Mozer in for the Te Kura combination though.

Ok, So my post Origin series team atm has it like this:

1. Walsh
2. Tuilagi
3. Ponga
4. Hammer
5. Cobbo
6. Munster
7. DCE
8. Collins
9. Hunt
10. Haas
11. Fifita
12. Martin
13. Carrigan

14. Grant
15. Murray
16. Tino
17. Cotter

18. Walker

The Changes are Cobbo to replace Coates, Ponga to replace Holmes and Murray to replace Yeo, with Walker taking the 18 from Ponga since he is in the team.

All of them seem straight forward outside the Ponga one, but even though he hasn't played there I think there is no suitable options atm and while you might argue Best, I think I need to see more then a couple of good games. I don't think Ponga would be out of place there and it makes the team better imo.

Holmes has dropped off big this year defensively, he is a bit of liability lately, Mitchell and Graham who are both players that can be in the mix haven't played any footy for awhile, so at current they don't make the cut.

For me going into the GF it's:

1. Walsh
2. Tuilagi
3. Staggs
4. Best
5. Cobbo
6. Munster
7. Cleary
8. Collins
9. Grant
10. Haas
11. Fifita
12. Martin
13. Carrigan
14. Ponga
15. Cotter
16. Tino
17. Murray
18. Hunt

If Billy Walters gets Clive Churchill he takes the 18, otherwise I don't think it changes.

Nah , not in agreeance there Musta .
alot has happened since that comment mate, on last years form and the few games up to that stage it looked to be the case still.

When If Billy Walters gets Clive Churchill he takes the 18, otherwise I don't think it changes.
There. I fixed it for you @Mustafur.
I can’t remember what thread I wrote it in, but I said Billy wins it over Hetherington…only because Kobe comes off the bench, has a blinder in a winning side 🔥

I wonder if Mam makes the kangaroos team even if it's extended bench, he has to be close with this season he has had.

Active Now

• Foordy
  • Hurrijo
  • mitch222
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • bb_gun
  • broncs30
  • achievedrap
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Lozza
  • cento
  • Footy Fanatic
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.