Broncos

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
Toafofoa Sipley suspended 3-4 matches so he won’t be lining up for Manly.

No word on Trbojevic yet but IMO it’s better for us if he plays because he won’t be 100%.
Turbo’s hamstrings on the suncorp skating rink will be interesting.

Mustafur

Mustafur

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Jun 13, 2019
Turbo’s hamstrings on the suncorp skating rink will be interesting.
His abductor issues as well, a shifting surface can easily make you do the splits or similar and that would be basically him getting the RCG treatment in Darwin.

LittleDavey

LittleDavey

NRL Captain
Mar 25, 2013
I don't know about "smashed", but if we land some of those trys/opportunities that we bomb it changes the entire game and how Souths play the rest of the match. Same thing as the Raiders loss. Super frustrating.
I've been reflecting on this, and I think this is one real positive so far. Even the two losses, we have been in up to our eyeballs and with a bit more cohesion and patience, those were quite possibly wins instead. Is there any other team in the comp that has been "in" every game they've played, even the losses? I don't think there is, every other team has had at least one game that they just haven't even been close.

The scoreline on Friday flattered Souths but if we convert those early opportunities, I think we run away with it. So despite getting hammered in the end, we were right in it. No doubt there will be games to come this year where we're just not in it, but so far, so good - despite the losses and despite how grumpy I've been this weekend.

I really feel a statement game at OUR HOME with the entire comp watching is brewing. We blew them away last year, let's do it again.

BooKhaki

BooKhaki

NRL Player
Sep 16, 2020
I've been reflecting on this, and I think this is one real positive so far. Even the two losses, we have been in up to our eyeballs and with a bit more cohesion and patience, those were quite possibly wins instead. Is there any other team in the comp that has been "in" every game they've played, even the losses? I don't think there is, every other team has had at least one game that they just haven't even been close.

The scoreline on Friday flattered Souths but if we convert those early opportunities, I think we run away with it. So despite getting hammered in the end, we were right in it. No doubt there will be games to come this year where we're just not in it, but so far, so good - despite the losses and despite how grumpy I've been this weekend.

I really feel a statement game at OUR HOME with the entire comp watching is brewing. We blew them away last year, let's do it again.
Penrith. Even losing to Wests, they are still the best team in the comp.

Volvo Driver

Volvo Driver

QCup Player
Jul 9, 2020
I don't think there is, every other team has had at least one game that they just haven't even been close.
Both Penrith and Parramatta.

Penrith's biggest loss has been by 4 points.
Parramatta's has been 10 points, against us. You could say that a couple of tries late got them close but they were never out of the match.

Battler

Battler

State of Origin Rep
Dec 4, 2013
Hopefully that loss puts the hero plays away for this game. We comfortably created enough chances against souths to score 3-5 tries in the first half, we just butchered every single opportunity. Probably left two tries (Walsh’s near miss that he ought to have grounded and Staggs not being able to pass) out on the field in the second half also.

edit: defence was a concern, but souths were making linebreaks at will down madden’s side of the field so not sure what to make of it.

johnyE

johnyE

NYC Player
Aug 17, 2015

!00% agree Little D, cohesion and patience, I really want to see them also play the full 80 with more attitude. Confidence is built on fitness and consistency, Win or lose. If at least if we play to our absolute potential, which I haven't seen since game one, really, we could find ourselves at the backend of this comp a top 4 proposition. We need to make a statement next weekend that we are back on track. A brutal meter eating forward push with a slick and quick backline running game. Applying pressure every set and defend the **** out of everything else. Arey needs to nail every kick and every player be in it to the end, that's what builds resilience, and that's what the very best teams bring. **** yeah Lets do it again,Let's Go Broncos.

Mustafur

Mustafur

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Jun 13, 2019
I think it was just line speed, had we started the half with solid line speed a completely different result could have happened.

We looked the stronger team in the first half even though we were behind, it just looked like we were shocked that they had more in the tank in the second and folded, once that happened our edges got exposed.

I don't think it's something to be too concerned about, we just came up against the best team we have faced this year with the worst team we have had to line up and it was a perfect storm for a beating.

kman

kman

QCup Player
Aug 8, 2021
I think it was just line speed, had we started the half with solid line speed a completely different result could have happened.

We looked the stronger team in the first half even though we were behind, it just looked like we were shocked that they had more in the tank in the second and folded, once that happened our edges got exposed.

I don't think it's something to be too concerned about, we just came up against the best team we have faced this year with the worst team we have had to line up and it was a perfect storm for a beating.
Our line speed got shot to bits because the ref kept calling us offside and giving the rabbits penalties when we had then backed in the corners.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Our line speed got shot to bits because the ref kept calling us offside and giving the rabbits penalties when we had then backed in the corners.
Looking back, the only dubious one was Corey Jensen being called offside. Otherwise there was the swinging arm on Campbell Graham and Kotoni was blatantly not square at marker after Reynolds objected to the head clash with Latrell.

I was surprised that Souths weren't penalised more. Usually the referees are pretty strong on flops, yet there was one set in the first half where it was back to back. Almost seemed like since Klein called the deliberate one against Tatola after the Reynolds intercept he wasn't going to call any others.

TimWhatley

TimWhatley

QCup Player
Dec 1, 2019
Yeah so true. You could see after the first couple of hit ups that we hadn't come out of the sheds in the second half. That being said, South's have a great pack this year and it's possible that they just went up a gear and we couldn't follow.

vertigo

vertigo

State of Origin Rep
Mar 2, 2010
Just like Canberra.
Bounce back factor from getting 50+ put on them was always there.

Manly without Trbojevic just look so lethargic. The only real threat is DCE & Olakau'atu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

No members online now.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.