Broncos

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Johnny92

NRL Player
Jul 3, 2021
Yeah so true. You could see after the first couple of hit ups that we hadn't come out of the sheds in the second half. That being said, South's have a great pack this year and it's possible that they just went up a gear and we couldn't follow.
Our second half kick off started it all, think it landed 20-30m out which got souths on a roll straight away and marched them down field after they scored we did the same kick off and same scenario happened

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
Looking back, the only dubious one was Corey Jensen being called offside. Otherwise there was the swinging arm on Campbell Graham and Kotoni was blatantly not square at marker after Reynolds objected to the head clash with Latrell.

I was surprised that Souths weren't penalised more. Usually the referees are pretty strong on flops, yet there was one set in the first half where it was back to back. Almost seemed like since Klein called the deliberate one against Tatola after the Reynolds intercept he wasn't going to call any others.

That's the thing, you called it yourself earlier, the second efforts that they got away with yet the ref was willing to ping us on the tiniest things.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
That's the thing, you called it yourself earlier, the second efforts that they got away with yet the ref was willing to ping us on the tiniest things.
Except that didn't happen.

ScreenScreenshot 2023 05 01 at 13 42 06 Broncos v Rabbitohs

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013

View attachment 22053

What didn't happen? That they got away with actions that should have got them penalised? Watch the games, not the stat sheets. Two of those four 6-agains got blown in one set, on like the first or second tackles each time, in the last 10 minutes when the game was over. There were a shit-tonne just in the half an hour I saw that they should have been called on, but didn't.

Jason Simmons

Jason Simmons

NRL Captain
Apr 18, 2013

View attachment 22053
When the penalties and six agains are awarded is the issue.

One of our ‘six agains’ was awarded on a bloody zero tackle, which shouldn’t even be allowed, given the defending team incurs no penalty whatsoever for an an infringement then…

Square ups are a thing. I care not what the ‘official’ position says…

kman

kman

QCup Player
Aug 8, 2021
The only real change I would like to see for this game is Jensen back in the starting team and Flegler off the bench. Jensen doesn't offer the impact that Flegler can deliver and Jensen was going great when starting.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
The only real change I would like to see for this game is Jensen back in the starting team and Flegler off the bench. Jensen doesn't offer the impact that Flegler can deliver and Jensen was going great when starting.

And this is what Souths do with Burgess and the Storm (now at least) with NAS and you see the change these two guys make when they come on. Flegs should be doing that for us.

Swordfish

Swordfish

QCup Player
Aug 24, 2022
Nailed it. I would even take it a step further & make Marty start just to stir him up to go beast mode against his old team.
Hope Kobe will be alright come game day so that our bench would then have Kobe, Corey & Tom. That’s a very decent middle rotation.

Patty & Payne must NOT play more than 25min in either half.

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
I feel like this is a must win game and we really should be winning. Just need to complete our sets and the rest should take care of itself.

Santa

Santa

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jun 30, 2020
If Kobe is injured, why name him in the 22 at all? If he is not injured, why is Palasia above him?
Maybe the severity of the injury is unknown? Only reasoning I could think of lol.

Accept

Accept

NRL Captain
Sep 27, 2016
If Kobe is injured, why name him in the 22 at all? If he is not injured, why is Palasia above him?
Maybe he is subject to a fitness test. But being named in the extended squad would mean that he is severely in doubt. He'd be in the main squad if he hadn't of hurt himself today. Palasia hasn't jumped him in the pecking order.

Mustafur

Mustafur

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Jun 13, 2019
It's likely just a prove your fitness thing, usually teams keep them in the 17 and change it on game day, but that tells me they think he is most likely gone for this week.

K

Kev_Guz

BRL Player
Apr 5, 2019
I like flegs, but he really is not putting in enough the amount of runs he has taken in the games when he has started is way too low. Jensen is usually having more runs from the bench. Which just shows the exact reason Jensen should start. We need to build that pressure and tire out forwards and then flegs less runs wouldn't be an issue from the bench as they would be more impactful

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• broncos4life
  • Broncorob
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.