POST GAME Pre-Season Challenge Week 2

Go watch Jesse Bromwich first stint. That is a guy that is just not a first grader anymore. Some of the weakest attempts at tackling you will see. Feel sorry for the Dolphins a bit. Been a poor job by the NRL to give them an actual shot at being competitive. Should have been a ramp up. 2 years atleast to prepare. They will be lucky to win 1 or 2 games.

Go watch Jesse Bromwich first stint. That is a guy that is just not a first grader anymore. Some of the weakest attempts at tackling you will see. Feel sorry for the Dolphins a bit. Been a poor job by the NRL to give them an actual shot at being competitive. Should have been a ramp up. 2 years atleast to prepare. They will be lucky to win 1 or 2 games.

Certainly could be, though I suspect they will get better as the season goes. I know they weren't great at all yesterday but this was their first ever hit out as a side. They will take time to get going but wouldn't be surprised if they are competitive 10 or so rounds in.

They should've always been coming in for 2024 to give them 2yrs, but I daresay they were fast tracked as part of Vlando's deal with the networks.

Dolphins could've pushed back and said they're not ready but then the license would go to whoever says they are ready.

Early days, but the NSWRL's hastiness may have created Wests Magpies 2.0 rather than Brisbane 2.0... but ultimately they dont really give a shit because it's the QLD market, which is less of a concern to them compared to the Sydney market

Got a mate who is a Dolphins fan "they were just trialling a few things", yeah well, they just got beaten into submission by a side that is a chance of having their coach sacked.

Certainly could be, though I suspect they will get better as the season goes. I know they weren't great at all yesterday but this was their first ever hit out as a side. They will take time to get going but wouldn't be surprised if they are competitive 10 or so rounds in.
True. But by that time the depth will show if they have any kind of injuries. It's a weak ass roster

True. But by that time the depth will show if they have any kind of injuries. It's a weak ass roster

Yep it sure is but I also suspect that the refs will be under instruction to give them as many legs up as possible to at least try and keep score lines as respectable as possible.

Dolphins could've pushed back and said they're not ready but then the license would go to whoever says they are ready.

That would have been a large part of it IMO.

Much like the agreement NOT to use the location Redcliffe, as part of their identity/brand name.

I still think the Dolphins power brokers should have told them to get fucked.......and then made a big noise in the media about how fucked the NRL/Vlandy's has treated them.

That would have been a large part of it IMO.

Much like the agreement NOT to use the location Redcliffe, as part of their identity/brand name.

I still think the Dolphins power brokers should have told them to get fucked.......and then made a big noise in the media about how fucked the NRL/Vlandy's has treated them.
The dolphins bid basically had the public backing as well... so they didn't necessarily need to bow to the NSWRL overlords... but they did and they're basically a NSWRL puppet now... and at the whims of Vlando and co.

The thing is NSWRL will want to expand to 18 teams very quickly... whether that ends up being a Brisbane 3.0 or them looking to go to a new region like NZ 2.0 will be the question... but dolphins could've been lined up for that 18th license in a couple years.

I'm thinking by 2026/27 there may be a new 18th team or looking for a new 18th team, because having a bye every week just ***** around with the draw.... I think the broadcast rights are next up in 2027 yeah??

That was the cleanest knock-on I have seen in ages. It just rolls down the back of the tackler who is not playing at the ball. Please

It still touches Hurrell. It doesn't have to be played at, the ball only needs to contact a defender to negate the offside which is what happens.

Besides, if you watch the slow-mo, it actually touches Sironen's hand and then touches Hurrell's back. It's the way they have been ruling this since the rule was introduced, for it to be an intentional offside the ball cannot contact a defender at all. If it does, the result is a scrum instead of a penalty.

Dolphins got a hard lesson that every mistake you make in the NRL gets punished. That first 25 mins every time they made an error they got nailed for it.

Dolphins got a hard lesson that every mistake you make in the NRL gets punished. That first 25 mins every time they made an error they got nailed for it.
And by the Titans, no less. Wait til they see what the likes of Roosters, Panthers and Storm dish out to mistake-makers.

And by the Titans, no less. Wait til they see what the likes of Roosters, Panthers and Storm dish out to mistake-makers.

Happens to every team though at some point. You just get games where you cant do anything right and every little error gets punished.

Happens to every team though at some point. You just get games where you cant do anything right and every little error gets punished.
They’d be smart to drop Niu, Milf, and Isaako. Not even trying to be biased but they stood out amongst the worst for the phins. None of them can defend or attack strategically to save themselves.

1. Hamiso
2. Bostock
3. Aitkins
4. Lee
5. Jennings
6. Katoa
7. OSullivan
9. JMK
14. Nikorima

Geez it’s an ugly line up still. They should make a play at Arthurs to replace Lee next year.

They’d be smart to drop Niu, Milf, and Isaako. Not even trying to be biased but they stood out amongst the worst for the phins. None of them can defend or attack strategically to save themselves.

1. Hamiso
2. Bostock
3. Aitkins
4. Lee
5. Jennings
6. Katoa
7. OSullivan
9. JMK
14. Nikorima

Geez it’s an ugly line up still. They should make a play at Arthurs to replace Lee next year.

Bostock looks a weapon in the making though.

1. Hamiso
2. Bostock
3. Aitkins
4. Lee
5. Jennings
6. Katoa
7. OSullivan
9. JMK
14. Nikorima

I thought Brenko as well was shocking tbh. Some of his reads in that first 20 mins were laughable. I reckon Milf and O'Sullivan will get the first few weeks, but Katoa looks a hell of a talent and it wont be long until he gets in that side.

I thought Brenko as well was shocking tbh. Some of his reads in that first 20 mins were laughable. I reckon Milf and O'Sullivan will get the first few weeks, but Katoa looks a hell of a talent and it wont be long until he gets in that side.
Watching them on Sunday Milf has to be in the cross hairs.

SOS was his usual bustling self and created a number of opportunities... it's only athleticism that lets him down, because he's always making half breaks, but can't quite finish it.

Milf just looked terrible... his athleticism is leaving him now and I'm not sure there's much left when that's gone.

Katoa has looked the goods in the trials I've seen of him so far... we play them in Round 4 ... will Milf survive that long or will it be Katoa's debut?

Yeah Lee is rubbish. Won’t be long until Te Whare gets a crack.

I still think we should give them Staggs. He’s not worth what we are paying him and our side would be better balanced with guy like Arthurs there tbh. Mariner looks like a fairly ready and currently cheaper replacement.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Harry Sack
  • LGH
  • Brocko
  • Mr Fourex
  • Allo
  • ChewThePhatt
  • theshed
  • GCBRONCO
  • Big Del
  • Wolfie
  • Aldo
  • Browny
  • the_next
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Alec
  • The Boss
  • Foordy
  • Santa
  • KateBroncos1812
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.