Pre-season

Paix is on the extended bench so I'm thinking he'll come on for Turpin at some stage (assuming its an extended bench).
As for results, Im not going to get too carried away either way but really want to see us take it to them in that first 20 minutes or so, before interchanges.
Even they get a few in after that so be it but that first 20 minutes will tell us where we are as a club. If we three tries down, it's going to be a long season. On the other hand if the reverse is true, then I reckon we might give the comp a shock.
The likelihood is a couple of tries spread between them in any combination, unless it rains.
As for the result, it won't matter too much because both side will try some combinations that would only see light of day in the case of injury or the like.

So do we panic if we get pumped? I never really pay too much attention to trials but I really feel like we need to see a decent improvement... am I being impatient? Lol
Trials don't give premiership points. No one remembers trials.

You win by not having any serious injuries.

Sounds as though Kevin’s taking it seriously enough.

Very funny that this comes up today. I was just listening to the Teo interview @McHunt posted. As I listened to Teo obsess over the team focusing on playing the eels in round 1 and how the team doesn’t even know who we play in round 2, and then get awkward when the presenters told him it was the Titans, my first thought was that it sounds like some more crazy Walters origin ‘don’t even mention NSW’ mumbo jumbo. With the same awkwardness that QLD players tried not mention nsw to the media, Teo was avoiding mentioning anything but the eels.

Well low and behold, the rugby league Rasputin has been lurking around the club.

Last edited:
Very funny that this comes up today. I was just listening to the Teo interview @McHunt posted. As I listened to Teo obsess over the team focusing on playing the eels in round 1 and how the team doesn’t even know who we play in round 2, and then get awkward when the presenters told him it was the Titans, my first thought was that it sounds like some more crazy Walters origin ‘don’t even mention NSW’ mumbo jumbo.

Well low and behold, the rugby league Rasputin has been lurking around the club.
Listening to Chris Garry's season preview on the Broncos Weekly podcast right now. Some interesting stuff. Kevvie's chucked out a bunch of Seibold's geeky stuff, troops are happier, treating fans better, Gordie spotted at training, Brendan Piakura, Reece Walsh, Jordan Riki etc:

Last edited:
Why the hell is Tallis at our training when he’s got a hard on for the Tits?

a couple of quotes from Glenn that made me smile during his interview yesterday after being named captain

reporter: What is it about Kevvie and staff that make you believe things can improve this year
Glenn: well Kevvies a winner, everyone knows and he reminds everyone how many premierships he's won 😁

also Glenn: the best thing about Kevvie, bro, is that he knows the balance between fun and hard work

Lol at the bro part in an interview but hopefully we'll see some good signs tonight. Getting pregame nerves even if it's a trial.

Lol at the bro part in an interview but hopefully we'll see some good signs tonight. Getting pregame nerves even if it's a trial.

He is a kiwi ... saying bro to someone is like calling them Sir, lol

After the trials:
  • Isaako wing or gone. Concrete boots is the bain of this kid. Dropped balls & too slow defence positional play.
  • Somehow get Walsh up to speed and replace Isaako with him.
  • Carrigan back to 2nd row with Glenn.
  • Front row to ONLY consist of Lodge, Haas, TPJ and Fleg.
  • Back row to ONLY consist of Carrigan, Glenn, Teo, Asiata and Oates.
  • Teo to start at lock for now - Asiata needs two hard weeks of only cardio.
  • Carigan & Teo to left side defence, put Croft or Deardon inside them, either can play as a wide defence extra centre.
  • Kennar gone.
  • Croft to steer. Deardon somehow given a bowl of confidence before he plays next.

Last edited:

Active Now

• bazza
  • Broncosgirl
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Redux
  • Allo
  • Harry Sack
  • Spoon
  • Johnny92
  • Galah
  • winslow_wong
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.