Pre-Season

Koko

Since time immemorial
Well I’m far from an expert on the subject matter and I also have no idea if that is why Staggs got them or not.

That being said, the practice usually involves the melting down of their parents jewellery to turn into a gold tooth. I’m sure Fiji, Māori, and possibly Samoan culture may also do it. I have no idea when the tradition started but if I had to guess I’d say it’s reasonably modern. That being said, I’m pretty sure the Philippines have had gold teeth for centuries.

You’re BHQs resident polymath, why don’t you look into it and then tell me.

Well I’m far from an expert on the subject matter and I also have no idea if that is why Staggs got them or not.

That being said, the practice usually involves the melting down of their parents jewellery to turn into a gold tooth. I’m sure Fiji, Māori, and possibly Samoan culture may also do it. I have no idea when the tradition started but if I had to guess I’d say it’s reasonably modern. That being said, I’m pretty sure the Philippines have had gold teeth for centuries.

You’re BHQs resident polymath, why don’t you look into it and then tell me.
I had a quick look.

nifo koula - literally "gold

Was totally unaware of the practice, and it seems like a really nice idea if one is so inclined. It appears to have been primarily for women, but due to its contemporary nature (i.e., it's a relatively new thing, found somewhere saying since 2008) it seems to have spilled over to all polynesian (not sure about the PC nature of this term these days) communities regardless of gender.

Seems to be similar to the USA "grill", so I guess it's just a nice twist on it. But as you said, all the SE Asian communities have been doing these things for a long time and I really couldn't find much in terms of actual hard info on how long Tongans have been doing it. I only found a lot from one artist, Ane Tonga.

I had never seen it before that pic of Kotoni, but it seems to be pretty popular with the Tongan lads, for sure.

I had a quick look.

nifo koula - literally "gold

Was totally unaware of the practice, and it seems like a really nice idea if one is so inclined. It appears to have been primarily for women, but due to its contemporary nature (i.e., it's a relatively new thing, found somewhere saying since 2008) it seems to have spilled over to all polynesian (not sure about the PC nature of this term these days) communities regardless of gender.

Seems to be similar to the USA "grill", so I guess it's just a nice twist on it. But as you said, all the SE Asian communities have been doing these things for a long time and I really couldn't find much in terms of actual hard info on how long Tongans have been doing it. I only found a lot from one artist, Ane Tonga.

I had never seen it before that pic of Kotoni, but it seems to be pretty popular with the Tongan lads, for sure.
Yeah JT13 famously has gold teeth.

Manu Vativai was also fairly famous for his gold teeth too. I’m sure if one was to look out for it there would be heaps of them.

Why does Billy Walters bagging come up in every dang thread?

Ole Hawk 12 ??
Thinks Riki needs to do better in defence . Has he got his eyes painted on ?
Capewell was a fcking turnstile . But no mention ?

Active Now

• Midean
  • Mustafur
  • Lurker
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.