Predict the Queensland 17

The easy fix would be to play Boyd at fullback and GI in the centres. That way Gagai is on the wing. Inglis and Oates would be a formidable combination on the left with Thurston giving them the ball.

Yeah I think that'd be the strongest lineup by far. They'll need to have their entire team concentrated on that left hand edge to stop Inglis and Oates.

Probably no different to other teams posted, but:

1. Boyd
2. Oates
3. Inglis
4. Chambers
5. Gagai (Feldt is closing in though)
6. JT
7. Cronk
8. Scott
9. Smith
10. Myles
11. Guerra
12. Thaiday
13. Parker

14. Morgan
15. McGuire
16. Papalii
17. Gillett

I like that bench - all in form and can make a big impact this year. Tough on Lillyman but the only one I could leave out would be Guerra on current form.

Oh, and pick ANYONE at centre other than Gagai. Morgan, a backrower, whatever, but I can see Gagai getting shredded if he moves one in. I'm not even that confident of him on the wing - yeah he had a good debut put the team nearly put on 60 points lol, not a lot can be read into that.

Oh, and pick ANYONE at centre other than Gagai. Morgan, a backrower, whatever, but I can see Gagai getting shredded if he moves one in. I'm not even that confident of him on the wing - yeah he had a good debut put the team nearly put on 60 points lol, not a lot can be read into that.

I'm just going to put a +1 next to every anti-Gagai post.

I'm still uncomfortable with how he carried on last year. Most people have taken his cockyness as positive confidence and feeling comfortable with the team. I took it as a bit of a brat act. Rubbing the opposition's hair to rile them up, getting in their faces. He hasn't earned that cockyness. He hasn't been the one bleeding for the team for 10 years like so many of the others. He should be putting his head down, shutting the **** up, and respecting the opposition, because when the pressure is on, he won't know what hit him.

Gillett deserves to start over Guerra. On form Nate Myles shouldn't be anywhere near the squad.

Our centres are really weak - I think they'd be much better served by putting Inglis in there, Darius at the back and Oates or Feldt on the wing.

I'm going to be reasonably happy with the side the selectors choose, but Gillett must start.

Probably no different to other teams posted, but:

1. Boyd
2. Oates
3. Inglis
4. Chambers
5. Gagai (Feldt is closing in though)
6. JT
7. Cronk
8. Scott
9. Smith
10. Myles
11. Guerra
12. Thaiday
13. Parker

14. Morgan
15. McGuire
16. Papalii
17. Gillett

I like that bench - all in form and can make a big impact this year. Tough on Lillyman but the only one I could leave out would be Guerra on current form.

I like this team ...

I would probably select Feldt over Gagai at this stage ... and move Thaiday to the bench with Gillett starting

Lockyer's pick:

1. Inglis
2. Boyd
3. Chambers
4. Gagai
5. Oates
6. Thurston
7. Cronk
8. Scott
9. Smith
10. Myles
11. Guerra
12. Thaiday
13. Parker
14. Morgan
15. Gillett
16. Lilyman
17. Papali

I don't think he watches too many games in his spare time...no offence.

Lockyer's pick:

1. Inglis
2. Boyd
3. Chambers
4. Gagai
5. Oates
6. Thurston
7. Cronk
8. Scott
9. Smith
10. Myles
11. Guerra
12. Thaiday
13. Parker
14. Morgan
15. Gillett
16. Lilyman
17. Papali

He is just doing the typical QLD loyalty thing ...

Lockyer's pick:

1. Inglis
2. Boyd
3. Chambers
4. Gagai
5. Oates
6. Thurston
7. Cronk
8. Scott
9. Smith
10. Myles
11. Guerra
12. Thaiday
13. Parker
14. Morgan
15. Gillett
16. Lilyman
17. Papali

Bearing in mind we won the last game by fifty, I think he'll be pretty close to the mark.

Less a prediction and more a preference

1. Boyd
2. Oates
3. Morgan
4. Inglis
5. Feldt
6. JT
7. Cronk
8. Scott
9. Smith
10.Myles (who has to improve a lot)
11. Gillett
12. Lowe
13. Parker

14. Shillington
15. Lillyman
16. Pappali
17. Thaiday (Only in the front row - keep away from the back row)

Inglis doesn't deserve to be there, but he will be.

ive just had a thought about the other wing and who is going to play there, is antonio wintersetin eligible to play for queensland?

ive just had a thought about the other wing and who is going to play there, is antonio wintersetin eligible to play for queensland?
He's from New Zealand so I'm thinking not.

Regardless, there's a significantly better wing option in his own team.

Just listening to triple m and I agree with Girds. Dell was going on about how QLD pick and stick always and Girds said that the Maroons have never had to for years and brought up 2001.

He is right

Just listening to triple m and I agree with Girds. Dell was going on about how QLD pick and stick always and Girds said that the Maroons have never had to for years and brought up 2001.

He is right
If you have to go back 15 years to find an example, then he's definitely wrong.

Queensland only dropped four players from that team, the rest was out of their hands.

Considering Queensland were coming off the worst loss in Origin history and the Broncos were coming off premiership success it wasn't like they were being as fickle as NSW have been ever since 82.

Girdler is wrong.

If you have to go back 15 years to find an example, then he's definitely wrong.

QLD had a brand new in 2006 as well. When you've got Thurston, Cronk, Slater, Inglis etc as the staple of the team which has had amazing success over the last decade there is no need to change the team.

Active Now

• Brocko
  • Financeguy
  • Johnny92
  • Kev_Guz
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Bronx48
  • broncos4life
  • Socnorb
  • RolledOates
  • Broncos Maestro
  • Justwin
  • Foordy
  • kat00
  • I bleed Maroon
  • BroncosAlways
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • GCBRONCO
  • winslow_wong
  • Midean
  • Broncorob
... and 60 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.