PRE-GAME [PRELIMINARY FINAL] Brisbane Broncos vs New Zealand Warriors at Lang Park

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unbelievable - the end of the Lions overlaps the first 25 mins of the Broncs. Unbelievable.
Don't understand the allure of AFL saw but of Lions game last week so sloppy and scrappy

Disagree, there weren't high expectations going into this season after what happened last year.

Every win has been a blessing. First time in a while we're just going with the flow from game to game. Very different to when Bennett was in charge and losing in a semi/prelim was a failure.

We have been the most consistently best team all season. We have beaten every item in the NRL. We have beaten the so called "best" team Penrith and we demolished our "bogey" team Melbourne 26-0 in a finals game when the pressure was on. Our team is fully fit, no injuries. We've had the week off. We are confident and we have that Broncos swagger/arrogance about us.

We are primed and ready to go. Chances like this are hard to come by and who knows what will happen next year and the year after. We are no guarantees to make the 8 next year. What happens if Haas, Carrigan and Reynolds cop season ending injuries next year? It happens.

NOW is the time. We have to take this opportunity with both hands and nothing short of a GF appearance is expected. Start of the season? Yeah who knew what we would dish up. Now? We are the Broncos again. It's time to make the GF again and put the Panthers to sleep. Premiership glory awaits.

My only concern? The officials.

How Klein failed to see Grants knock on right in front of him is scary. Or did he see it, which, I fail to see how he didn’t…. Then that leads to the question why didn’t he make the call?

Yep, 2 times this season we lost games we should have won (raiders, titans) hard to say if it was complacency or not, but it has me wary.
I'm stoked with what the team has done and how far they've all come, I just think we should be on our gaurd for a freaky, rub of the green, bounce of the ball turn up by the warriors
Even the golden teams of the past lost games they should have won, hell we lost our first game at QE2 stadium to a dismal Eels outfit.

A finals match particularly a grand final qualifier is a lot different to a early to mid season match where you can afford to lose a few matches and recover still, only in the top 4 do you have room for complancy and that is only in the first week of the finals. Mental toughness we have been a lot better then where we were last season especially in the back end of it. We sent a message against the Storm and the remaining teams of our intentions and I doubt Kevin is going to let the boys drop the bundle right afterwards by not having them focused for this one.

As for the Warriors I don't underestimate them, even against the Panthers I thought they physically came to play but lacked direction in attack with SJ missing, I expected them to put in a better performance against the Knights and they did. That said the opponent the Warriors face in the grand final qualifier away from home is a tougher prospect then the one they faced at home. They will come to play, but I don't see us not either. Should be a good match IMO

Unbelievable - the end of the Lions overlaps the first 25 mins of the Broncs. Unbelievable.
That sucks. I'll miss the last quarter, then

Unbelievable. Force to pick League over GayFL, unbelievable.
Just call it fumble-ball. Those old colloquialisms should be left in the past. AFL is actually alright, once you accept the rules and take it for what it is. It's not as good to watch (especially on TV), but it does have some pretty special moments and the athleticism is unreal for some blokes.
Just need to know the characters a bit better. Charlie Cameron and Big Joe up front are pretty recognizable and fun to back.
It's an acquired taste, for sure, but so is vegemite, and that is Aussie as hell.

They’re both shooting themselves in the foot here. What were they thinking!

Just call it fumble-ball. Those old colloquialisms should be left in the past. AFL is actually alright, once you accept the rules and take it for what it is. It's not as good to watch (especially on TV), but it does have some pretty special moments and the athleticism is unreal for some blokes.
Just need to know the characters a bit better. Charlie Cameron and Big Joe up front are pretty recognizable and fun to back.
It's an acquired taste, for sure, but so is vegemite, and that is Aussie as hell.
I'm not a huge fan of afl, but if the lions make the big dance, rest assured I'll be an Olympic level expert by the time the gf rolls around.
As in, just like the Olympics, I'll be an arm chair expert on all facets of the sport.

I heard another one of those brilliant cherry picked stats that are brought out to make it seem like we're up against it, Brisbane have only beaten NZ in 1 of our last 4 games at Suncorp.

We wouldn't have beaten many teams more than once at Suncorp in our past 4, considering we were the worst team in the NRL for at least 2-3 years there. How many top 8 sides have NZ beaten away from home this season? I looked it up, 2. Neither of them were top 4 sides. In fact, neither of them made it past the first week.

My only concern? The officials.

How Klein failed to see Grants knock on right in front of him is scary. Or did he see it, which, I fail to see how he didn’t…. Then that leads to the question why didn’t he make the call?
It was a bad miss but I'm not worried about it. I think his card is marked now and doubt he will be refereeing any more games this season.

They need to scrap this challenge system and make it so the bunker can intervene if such a howler is so obviously missed. Nothing they could have done out there about such an obviously bad call (or no call).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Old Mate
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Aldo
  • Harry Sack
  • Tim K
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Big Del
  • Kev_Guz
  • theshed
  • Bucking Beads
  • Battler
  • davidp
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Waynesaurus
  • ozzball
  • Allo
  • kman
  • Manlyman
  • MrMoore
  • Fitzy
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.