PRE-GAME [PRELIMINARY FINAL] Brisbane Broncos vs New Zealand Warriors at Lang Park

Status
Not open for further replies.
Penrith are whinging that we get to play our prelim at home whilst they have had to move their prelim to a "neutral" venue. Claiming we should have to do the same.
We clearly have them worried.. hahaha

What's funny is that their idea of a "neutral" venue would seriously disadvantage half of the competition.

I mean could you see them accepting this "neutral" venue concept if it was a truly neutral venue. E.g. they were forced to play the Storm at Lang Park. (Truly neutral venue as neither team is from QLD)

And if you want things to be truly fair, so none of the teams in the prelim are disadvantaged, to then both games would take place at the exact same time ... as it stands the Panthers/Storm get 24 hours more recovery time than the Broncos/Warriors

Long shot, but If any members can’t make this one and can spare a code, id bloody love to try and get tix.

Its most possibly the shittest idea I've ever heard?

Has Brian Fletcher thought of how this would impact fans from remote clubs?

You can't put brains in idiots or statues and who do you think is going to referee this match

Imagine the amount of cars that are going to be stolen from around Penrith on Friday so the fans can make the 41 kilometre trip to the game.
At least 16 I’d say

Its most possibly the shittest idea I've ever heard?

Has Brian Fletcher thought of how this would impact fans from remote clubs?

He doesn't care ... he knows the Panthers will get good support at the "neutral" grounds (especially against a non Sydney team)

I saw at least 2 panthers morons on twitter suggesting we should have to play at the Gabba so its neutral. Geniuses.
LOL we are undefeated at the Gabba, I say go for it.

Any chance any members on here not going to the game and able to help me out with their code for the pre sale, would love to get some tickets to the game. Would appreciate it a lot.

A lot of people joining up here purely just to leech a code and then will disappear into the night.

I too would like a code, if anyone can spare one. I don't think I'm going to go, but I'm not 100% on that yet. I will only need it to buy one ticket if I do decide to head up. Edit: Never mind, sorted thanks to a legend.

The warriors forwards probably have the potential to do a bit more damage then the storm IF we give them the chance. I can see them turning the ball back on the inside and doing alot of passing interchanges around the ruck to try and wear our big boys out. No way are they going to try go toe to toe with our middles so we need to be carefull of that.

I think Walsh really needs to be on his toes at the back. Our goal line defence has been good so if I'm the Warriors the first attacking set they get I'm putting a 3rd or 4th tackle pre meditated kick through behind the line. Firstly to try and catch us by suprise and get a cheap try. But secondly to throw a warning shot at our rushing defence that hey if you come up fast we'll kick in behind. They will want and put us in two minds.

In terms of how we break them down i think its a similar game plan to agaisnt the Storm. Most of the Warriors attack goes throguh Johnson. He was touch and go to play on the weekend and got taken off early so would be very surprised. If he's 100% this weekend. Send traffic at him and wear him down, really test his injury and fitness. We should be much fresher then they are so l think try and keep the ball in play for long periods of time and just work them over until cracks start to appear.

I think much of their focus in defence will be on Walsh so i wouldn't be supprised to see him used as a decoy alot just floating out the back of shape and play to our centres and second rowers in the hope they have some freedom.

This will be a real challenge for the coaching staff. All the adrenalin and mental focus the boys would have gained from the Storm win has probably disappeared after a week off while the Warriors are going in still on a high. Somehow need to get our head back in the game this week. Maybe a real hard intense game simulation session on the training paddock or a full re watch of our game agaisnt the Storm or an inspirational talk from an old boy? Yes its a prelim final but not exactly against our most hated rival and we are expected to win so we need to make sure the lads are hungry.

if anyone has a spare code for the 10am presale, please let me know!

absolutely no stress, will do my best to grab a few tickets regardless. If I can’t secure them, I’ll be heading to Brisbane as my flights are already booked.

if we play anywhere near our potential, we win this. Again, it all starts with our defence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• TwoLeftFeet
  • Bucking Beads
  • achievedrap
  • Tmac
  • Lozza
  • Fatboy
  • Morkel
  • broncoscope
  • Gaz
  • Aldo
  • Sproj
  • Broncosarethebest
  • kiwi2
  • Fozz
  • Bish
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Old Mate
  • westy316
  • broncos4life
  • rj9
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.