Pretenders or contenders?

Glad we lost. We needed a huge kick up the arse and that's what we got.

Fully expect the boys to rip in next Thursday and set themselves up for a game against more then likely the roosters first week of the finals.

@Mr Fourex

Yeah, no shit its just Melbourne. Ive said it many times already. Everyone else is making up the numbers.

"Everyone else".....now. Not just us.

Righto.

Glad we lost. We needed a huge kick up the arse and that's what we got.

Fully expect the boys to rip in next Thursday and set themselves up for a game against more then likely the roosters first week of the finals.

If it's anyone we know how to beat it's the roosters.

I wouldnt write them off yet. I saw a stat last night that said they have only beaten one top 8 side since round 11 so that is a bit concerning but you could come up with a heap of those weird stats for most of the top 8 sides. Realisticly from 2 to 8 there isnt much difference between the sides so most teams are in the same boat. It is just going to come down to in the finals who turns up the best on the day to get a shot at melbourne in a grand final.

Now that Sims is gone McGuire and Arrow need to start together. If I could pinpoint one area of real problem for the Broncs is the front row especially the starters. Just not getting any punch out of them at all and when an opposite forward pack really stands up a few of them seem to shrink. I think last night really showed the loss of McCullough in the middle defensively. Brown and co were just having a field day

Don't let the margin distract you from the fact that the broncos let in 52 points.

Don't let the 52 point distract you from this horrible football team scoring 34 points in a game that was lost from the first hit up.

All off the back of penalties mind you, penalties you wont get in a finals game.

Don't let the 52 point distract you from this horrible football team scoring 34 points in a game that was lost from the first hit up.

Heads dropping after the first hit up is what people are concerned about.

Deep down no one is happy about this, that's fucking BS. Some people can just admit when you just know we are making up the numbers.

Don't put your depressing world is ending words in my mouth. I think you're over reacting.

Heads dropping after the first hit up is what people are concerned about.

It's pretty hard to tell if the hit up actually caused it though. Perhaps the rumour is correct, maybe Bennett did destroy them this week and keep them up late. If it's more of the same next week, I'll admit that it's more serious.

I have not written them off yet. The reality is, we win next week, and then win the next two games after that and we are in the GF. It comes down to what last night was. If it was just one of those nights where everyone had a piss poor attitude, hard week at training etc, it could be the kick up the pants we need. If was indicative of more deep seated issues, like divisions within the squad, or with the coaching staff, or some as yet unreported fiasco that has befallen us, then we may be toast for this year.

I don't think one bad loss, like one fantastic win, defines a season.

The first one is fixed by an attitudinal adjustment which can be done in a week. The latter possibilities will kill our season if they are occurring this late in the season.

Active Now

• Harry Sack
  • Fitzy
  • Sproj
  • phoenix
  • Wolfie
  • winslow_wong
  • NSW stables
  • mitch222
  • jd87
  • broncos4life
  • armchair
  • Santa
  • maddo
  • peter09
  • Ejbroncos
  • Stix
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.