NEWS Put on notice

What I would like to know is has siebold also been put on notice?
Some of this mess is his fault.
What is he going to do to fix it other than tell some of the players to lift their game?

These guys HAVE contracts that BRONCOS signed off on...

There is literally only so far you can go unless you're prepared to rip those contracts up, face possible civil action from the affected players AND wear it on your cap...

Or we can just play them in QCup. Corey Oates doesn't have a contract, Boyd has 1 year left (so long as we don't play him 15 times next season) that we could just cop and play him in QCup.

I'm sure someone will at least pay part of Milford's contract thinking they can make something of him, and Macca we'll have to wear for another year or possibly two unless we can shop him around.

Or we can just play them in QCup. Corey Oates doesn't have a contract, Boyd has 1 year left (so long as we don't play him 15 times next season) that we could just cop and play him in QCup.

I'm sure someone will at least pay part of Milford's contract thinking they can make something of him, and Macca we'll have to wear for another year or possibly two unless we can shop him around.
Macca needs to reinvent himself as defensive forward rather than hooker. Maybe too much competition in our pack for him to get a run with the Broncos off the bench, but he might be value for another club that's not so forward rich. His numbers are pretty impressive.
[automerge]1568854466[/automerge]
What I would like to know is has siebold also been put on notice?
Some of this mess is his fault.
What is he going to do to fix it other than tell some of the players to lift their game?
Maybe there's a Harvard course for coming back from the worst drubbing in NRL history.

Last edited:
So Macca and Boyd get another chance to bloody prove themselves... Macca should have been gone years ago. He’s always been slow and predictable
But how do you read the riot act to a guy who's been impeccable off the field, can play 80 minutes and has never failed to top the tackle count? He's not the player we want to direct play, but it's not for looking lazy.

Bang for buck, he's probably better value than Gillett in the same role.

Last edited:
So they have been sat down and given a stern talking to.
No way can that be it.
In fairness, it was a bit optimistic to expect the week 1 run on side to be selected three days into the off season.

“Guys have basically been told unless they pick their act up they will start next season in the Queensland Cup.”

Here come the, it's been Darius' best preseason ever. Andrew Mccullough just set the world record for the beep test, milfs beating all his times from last year, articles and nothing will change.
Things will change. Memberships will hit a record low.

So Macca and Boyd get another chance to bloody prove themselves... Macca should have been gone years ago. He’s always been slow and predictable

up until injuries killed us, in 2017 he was arguably the form hooker of the comp...the drop off has been precipitous but no way did anyone associated at the club not feel he was locked in as our No-9 so long as Uncle Wayne was pushing for another title...

In fairness, it was a bit optimistic to expect the week 1 run on side to be selected three days into the off season.
In fairness it's a bit much to expect something that's not condescending or sarcastic.
No need to reply, I'll assume its something you think is clever.

In fairness it's a bit much to expect something that's not condescending or sarcastic.
No need to reply, I'll assume its something you think is clever.
Suggest you add me to your blocklist. I won't miss you.

The club could not sack anyone without tarnishing that player's reputation and in the process lessen their perceived value/standing. Otherwise it makes the job of moving them on through the pre-season doubly hard.

The ones the Broncos are getting rid of will now know it and at present have the chance for their manager to shop them around under the auspices of them being unhappy with the club/coach and wishing to make a fresh start with another club.

If the former happened the tiny pool of clubs that may seriously consider taking them would have dried up completely.

So long as Boyd and McCullough do not start next season I will consider this whole omnishambles worthwhile.

If they do start next season, I will consider Seibold the weaker party in this power dynamic and put him on short notice and will give him the first 6 rounds to show he has what it takes. All things considered though if the status quo remains as is then we've been sold a pup as a coach.

Last edited:
At least there' still no quotes from the club. This journo being right is our biggest fear. Trust in Smoking Joe, but if he's just been having a laugh at our expense I'll never believe him again.
[automerge]1568857028[/automerge]
The club could not sack anyone without tarnishing that player's reputation and in the process lessen their perceived value/standing. Otherwise it makes the job of moving them on through the pre-season doubly hard.

The ones the Broncos are getting rid of will now know it and at present have the chance for their manager to shop them around under the auspices of them being unhappy with the club/coach and wishing to make a fresh start with another club.

If the former happened the tiny pool of clubs that may seriously consider taking them would have dried up completely.

So long as Boyd and McCullough do not start next season I will consider this whole omnishambles worthwhile.

If they do start next season, I will consider Seibold the weaker party in this power dynamic and put him on short notice and will give him the first 6 rounds to show he has what it takes. All things considered though if the status quo remains as is then we've been sold a pup as a coach.
Or a figurehead.

Last edited:
At least there' still no quotes from the club. This journo being right is our biggest fear. Trust in Smoking Joe, but if he's just been having a laugh at our expense I'll never believe him again.
[automerge]1568857028[/automerge]

Or a figurehead.
Not sure what you're talking about here matey.

You guys are putting too much faith in this article that doesn’t even have any quotes.

Seibold also continued to state how he intended to keep Kniko and Roberts...until he didn’t. Then they were gone like thieves in the night.

Active Now

• Xzei
  • RolledOates
  • Fozz
  • Broncosgirl
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.