12. Sam Thaiday
13. Ashley Harrison

Interchange (TBC)
Cooper Cronk
Ben Hannant
Jacob Lillyman
Dane Nielsen
Corey Parker

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's got to be kept minimal, but IMO there does need to be a couple of changes.

1. Slater
2. Yow Yeah
3. Hodges
4. Inglis
5. Boyd
6. Lockyer
7. Thurston
8. Scott
9. Smith
10. Civo
11. Myles
12. Harrison
13. Parker

14. Thaiday
15. Taylor
16. Hannant
17. Costigan

I'll probably cop flak for suggesting to drop Cronk but I've never been a fan of using utilities like him, it's a waste of a bench spot. Smith, Lockyer and Thurston should be able to shoulder the kicking responsibilities just fine and an agile back rower will add more impact than Cronk can. Parker was one of few forwards for QLD last night that impressed me. He was making decent meters and produced some good offloads while being sound in defence too.

In reality though I expect the only change to be Hodges in for Neilsen, even if Mal says he's not gonna change the team.

Here's hoping for a dry track in the 3rd game.

Re: QLD Game 3 Team

Whens shillo back? I reckon we could use him on the bench so taylor can be used as a backrower instead of a battering ram

Edit: round 18.. too late :(

Did he get injured again?

He played last weekend.

Yeah Shillo is fit.

I was wondering the other day, if we lose Slater who do QLD have as fullback options, realistic options?

broncospwn said:
Yeah Shillo is fit.

I was wondering the other day, if we lose Slater who do QLD have as fullback options, realistic options?
Oh Hai Darius Boyd

Hope Inglis isn't picked, he was useless.

Boyd would definitely slot in at Fullback, I have no idea who we would put on the wing though.

I miss Folau [icon_frown

Kaz said:

[eusa_eh wtf? Inglis was one of the only threatening players in our backline.

Scotty said:
Boyd would definitely slot in at Fullback, I have no idea who we would put on the wing though.

I miss Folau [icon_frown

Kaz said:

Ah that's right Boyd.

Tate would go to wing if he's fit?
Definitely feeling the loss of Folau, he was safe as a house when the bombs went up and a big threat in attack. Fucking gAyFL!

Brent "I've played about 1 game of football in 2 years" Tate? No.

Inglis wasn't suited to last nights game, because there wasn't much passing going on, and he didn't see much ball.

When we did get a bit of a roll on, he was awesome.

Even with a busted shoulder.

Nielson is fucking useless though.

Scotty said:
Inglis was one of the only threatening players in our backline.

And knocked on whenever he got the ball.

I remember it happening once eusa_think

Scotty said:

I miss Folau [icon_frown

Kaz said:

too right! im fucking sick of hearing how "bad" inglis was! he made a clean line break then a brilliant offload to thurston, he also did the offload that put lockyer away only for cronk to be tackled before the line and he also put boyd into a gap with a neat offload.

oh what? those were 3 of our 4 only attacking plays of the game? thats right, and inglis created 3 of them. its not his fault he didnt get more quality ball. it was the fact our forwards were so fucked from chasing after the quicker blues who kept offloading all night.

One change. Hodges for Nielson. Done.

if shillo is fit like many are saying (i used injuryupdate which said round 18 for him) i would bring him in. we need another good prop to help out hannant when civo and scott get rested. taylor shouldnt be that prop, he should be running wide. i would drop cronk, we dont need him atm, he kind of comes on, looks a little lost, and if anything, gets in the way

Jack Reed would be better than Nielsen.

I thought Inglis was great. He had the ball raked "one on one" by Creagh & Scott, then knocked on a tough catch with a busted shoulder that he probably shouldn't have got near anyway.

QUEENSLANDER said:
if shillo is fit like many are saying (i used injuryupdate which said round 18 for him) i would bring him in. we need another good prop to help out hannant when civo and scott get rested. taylor shouldnt be that prop, he should be running wide. i would drop cronk, we dont need him atm, he kind of comes on, looks a little lost, and if anything, gets in the way

Yeh I could live with that Queenslander. And it allows Taylor to play wider too having that second prop on the bench. Bench of Taylor, Shillington, Hannant and Parker looks pretty strong to me.

Would you think they would consider a small change of tactics and maybe start Taylor in the back row to try and tire out Soward in the opening minutes? Drop either Thaiday or Myles to the bench and just tell Dave to run at Soward the whole time. He's done it before when playing for the Broncos and Soward proved ineffective for the whole game (talking about the game in Woollongong in 2009). Any merit in that?

i dont think either hannant or thaiday deserve to be there or have done anything to keep their spots, but unfortunately a lack of other options means they stay. both have been poor this series.

im all for dropping Cronk - ive never wanted a half on the bench, not at club level and definitely not at rep level.

Inglis was great last night. like someone said, his 2 mistakes were hardly bad - 1 of them the ball was clearly raked in a 2-on-1 tackle that the referees somehow missed, and the other one was a hail mary attempt from a guy who had just had his head pounded by an illegal shot (again missed by the refs) from one of the games biggest grubs, and was nursing a shoulder injury that had him looking very reminiscent of Tonga in game 1.

Neilsen is a passenger out there, but everyone knows hes only there to fill a gap because theres noone else better. i would be happy to have Reed to take his place.

and to think we wouldnt be having this problem if stupid Folau didnt leave :cry:

Taylor needs to be playing second row, and more specifically a wide running one. him and inglis need to be joined at the hip on the side with soward defending.

Parker needs 80 minutes, or he needs to not be there.

Thaiday needs to use a whole can of that grip-spray stuff on his hands every 10 minutes. deadset hes knocked on more in the last 12 months than most people do in their whole careers. he also needs to stop trying to get in on every attacking play we have. he kills far too many plays, then tries to just throw the ball away often resulting in a turnover.

we're really sweating on Hodges being fit though. neilsen and yow yeh is the most ineffective pairing we've had in who knows how long.

Agree on Thaiday but I think you're being harsh on Hannant. He was very good off the bench in game 1. Not as good last night but Scott and Harrison were our only decent forwards last night (albeit Taylor was used incorrectly)

Active Now

• Morepudding
  • Morkel
  • Fozz
  • john1420
  • sooticus
  • Sproj
  • Broncosgirl
  • Big Del
  • Mister Wright
  • Bucking Beads
  • Lurker
  • The Strapper
  • Financeguy
  • Xzei
  • Bish
  • Tim K
  • Swordfish
  • Brocko
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.