QLD vs NSW U20

did Brenko Lee play in this same game last year or am I mixing him up with Edrick?

Pretty sure he did, I think Edrick was injured at the time?

Also didn't Ricardo Stuart not allow Milford to play rep footy (though it was going to be for Samoa)?

It's not really like Milford is even a chance for origin this year, he's a damn good player, but we don't need a fullback or bench utility, at all.

Slater / DCE

You never know, I think Mal has been getting more and more arrogant. He went with only 2 recognised props last year, I could kinda see him going with 2 backs on the bench.

20's origin wrap up

Well another year and another comprehensive loss to the enemy. The simple fact is the boys were outplayed, out muscled and out of depth.
Im still trying to work out some of the selections though. For starters brenko lee and brandon elliott were slow and cumbersome. Elliott cant and wont pass and lee doesn't look for the hard work. Jordan drew would leave these pair for dead. In the forwards they got this totally wrong as well. Perrett was outstanding and molo off the bench was brilliant as well. Im not sure why frank started on the bench as Perrett needed another big man to help roll the nsw pack. Mago is out of form and looked ordinary, bateman tried hard but he lacks real punch (a move to hoookef mmight be where he ends up). Greinke was ok with some early runs but his size was found out in defence. The nsw pack rolled through him fairly easily. The other front rower was only average at best and apart from molo the bench didnt offer much.
Anyways that is just a general wrap of what I thought.

Re: 20's origin wrap up

Nsw just dominated QLD. How good does Mamo go..

Well another year and another comprehensive loss to the enemy. The simple fact is the boys were outplayed, out muscled and out of depth.
Im still trying to work out some of the selections though. For starters brenko lee and brandon elliott were slow and cumbersome. Elliott cant and wont pass and lee doesn't look for the hard work. Jordan drew would leave these pair for dead. In the forwards they got this totally wrong as well. Perrett was outstanding and molo off the bench was brilliant as well. Im not sure why frank started on the bench as Perrett needed another big man to help roll the nsw pack. Mago is out of form and looked ordinary, bateman tried hard but he lacks real punch (a move to hoookef mmight be where he ends up). Greinke was ok with some early runs but his size was found out in defence. The nsw pack rolled through him fairly easily. The other front rower was only average at best and apart from molo the bench didnt offer much.
Anyways that is just a general wrap of what I thought.

Well said

Nsw just dominated QLD. How good does Mamo go..
Mamo and matauita are both special talents. Apparently mamo broke all the club training records in the off season. So he is one out of the box that's for sure.

I thought Milford tried to hard which lead to a lot of mistakes. Also the fullback for QLD looked scared to catch a high ball.

Bennett should drop Darius' sorry arse and put Mamo at fullback ASAP.

Last edited:
I thought the reffing was weak as piss in respect that they let a couple of the NSW boys get away with blatant niggle and more, like elbows to the face etc
Personally I am in favour of letting this stuff get sorted by the players but "missing" the initial contact so often and penalising the retaliation is just annoying.
Either let go or police it properly.

Last edited:
I absolutely agree Dex.

Look, at the end of the day, NSW were the better team and even if the reffing was fine, they would have won this game comprehensively. With that said, it was a poor reflection on him that it would take players having to throw the ball away to get a penalty. It was pretty clear early that the Blues were willing to bend the rules more than their counterparts and things that should have been penalised were let go and it completely killed the Maroons in the opposition 20.

In regards to the Maroons selections, beggers can't be choosers. You could make a change or two but it'd be like shifting the goal posts.

Totally agree with that [MENTION=1899]Big Pete[/MENTION], NSW however looked like they knew they wouldn't be pinged. That always gets my Qld senses tingling. It always helps if you can win the physical battle and NSW certainly did that.

They won without Brooks too, who at this stage srsly looks like he might be close to NSW's answer to DCE.

It looks to me that the QLD team are playing like and Under 20s NYC team and the NSW players are playing more like NRL players. NSW Have the size advantage too.

Active Now

• Porthoz
  • ivanhungryjak
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.