Queensland 2014 Line-Ups

I guess this means the push for Inglis at fullback has died out

It was never going to happen. Not while Slater is fit. Even if Slater remained in bad form, he was still going to get the nod over Inglis.

Papalli needs a big game today against Penrith or he will risk losing his Origin place

Papalli was average at best. To be fair to him though, the Raiders are really, really bad.

Error Page

This article says that Lillyman and McGuire are front runners to replace Papalii and Thaiday. So who knows at this point, the media are probably just speculating.

They probably won't even decide until they see Papalii play today.

Lillycrap had great stats today, 18 runs for over 140 mtrs and 36 tackles. I didn't see the game so I can't say how well he played but the numbers are good.

I thought he was impressive, especially against a pack like the one Doggies have.

Not an enormous fan of having McQueen there tbh, he's a very one dimensional player, especially off the bench, I'd be giving that bench spot to an X-Factor player, maybe Dave Taylor.

Why....because Dave has strung a couple half decent games together?

He's had his chances in SOO and was a huge disappointment. Picking him again is a step backward.

Parker, Papalii, Gillett, Teo, McQueen, Thaiday, Guierra ......

Shillington, Scott, McGuire, Lilyman, Lawerence ....plenty to chose from with out calling on Taylor.

I like the way Lawerence and Guierra are shaping up as smokies.

Predicting a bench of Backrowers + DCE.

NSW to pick a monster pack and steamroll us.

I'd be giving that bench spot to an X-Factor player, maybe Dave Taylor.

No thanks.

Don't want to risk him 'falling' out of bed again.

He has had his chances & he shouldn't be considered. His name should be stamped with, never to be picked AGAIN.

My personal preference would be

McQueen out, Lillyman in
Te'o out, McGuire in

I think NSW beat us in the forwards last year, and fairly convincingly. Now if they had decent halves to make good of that field position and room, they probably would have won. We need front rowers, especially that now Thaiday is out too.

Gillett and Papa start in the 2nd row. I still don't know about Gillett defensively, but he did a good job on Taylor, and has been overall a lot better this year than the last, so I'll give him a chance starting on the edges.

8. Scott
9. Smith
10. Myles
11. Gillett
12. Papalii
13. Parker

14. DCE
15. McGuire
16. Lillyman
17. Guerra

Jizz.

Side note, what are you going to do about your avatar after this series?

I have no idea, there isn't really anything :(

I'll be safe if QLD loses though.

I heard it won't be formally announced until the dinner tonight.

I'm sure it will leak soon enough.

Thaiday is definitely out, was spotted at Broncos training by Balym.

I'm just waiting until Mal names the predicted line up and a few members chuck a fit because it isn't to the letter. It's always the way.

What I think QLD will pick

1: Slater
2: Boyd
3: Inglis
4: Hodges
5: Tate
6: Cronk
7: Thurston
8: Scott
9: Smith
10: Myles
11: Parker
12: Guerra
13: Harrison

14: DCE
15: Papalli
16: Gillett
17: McQueen

I need Lawrence to be in the team.

Active Now

• Fozz
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Bucking Beads
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Galah
  • Bish
  • Organix
  • Xzei
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.