Queensland Bulls 2017/2018

SA 3/140

Nice wicket and bowling from Swepson.

SA 5/265.

Head 103

Bulls have used seven bowlers on day one. Including a comeback from Rimmington.

SA 8/328 at stumps.

5fa for Swepson.

It's slow going and Queensland had to find anyone or everyone that can bowl spin. Will be interesting to see how Sayers goes today.

Swepson's first ever 5 wickets for Bulls. 41 wickets now in 15 games his first game in Cairns too.

8/415 at Lunch..

Carey 95*
Sayers 33*

In some trouble here.

Last time Bulls got plus 485- Queensland v Victoria February 2015.

Lynn 250
Harts 123

After being 4/33

Renshaw out for 4..

How much longer can we keep carrying this guy? If we're actually trying to win the Shield this season we seriously need to consider dropping him.

Renshaw out for 4..

How much longer can we keep carrying this guy? If we're actually trying to win the Shield this season we seriously need to consider dropping him.

Who do you replace him with? Not a game for two months now anyway so it doesn't really matter.

Wasn't offering a shot hit in front- Sayers would have been salivating.

Who do you replace him with? Not a game for two months now anyway so it doesn't really matter.

Wasn't offering a shot hit in front- Sayers would have been salivating.

Lynn & Neser will be back for the 2nd half of the season, get them in. Labuschagne has opened a few times before. (Lynn hasn't got a contract, but Queensland Cricket have said they can still sign him when he's healthy for the back end of the season)

1. Burns
2. Labuschagne
3. Lynn
4. Heazlett
5. Hemphrey
6. Wildermuth
7. Peirson
8. Neser
9. Swepson
10. Steketee
11. Gannon

Lynn & Neser will be back for the 2nd half of the season, get them in. Labuschagne has opened a few times before. (Lynn hasn't got a contract, but Queensland Cricket have said they can still sign him when he's healthy for the back end of the season)

1. Burns
2. Labuschagne
3. Lynn
4. Heazlett
5. Hemphrey
6. Wildermuth
7. Peirson
8. Neser
9. Swepson
10. Steketee
11. Gannon

Feldman is our best performing bowler this season 17 wickets from four games. Doggett was strong too 12 wickets from 3 games. Our best attack is Feldman, Doggett, Wildermuth, Neser and Swepson.

I am not too sure you've strengthened the batting.

Heazlett averages 31 for Qld.
Hemphrey averages 28 for Qld.
Labuschagne averages 33 for Qld.

Renshaw averages 33. Even if he does average 11 this year.

They're all the same.

They're all the same.

Overall, yeah. On recent form, no. Renshaw has been abysmal, and they've been really poor dismissals as well from what I've seen, it's not like he's just getting unlucky.

Fair call regarding the bowling line-up, I haven't been paying too much attention to wicket totals.

Speaking of salivating, that's me now Lynn is back. He should be the Australian number 3, 5 or 6.

Speaking of salivating, that's me now Lynn is back. He should be the Australian number 3, 5 or 6.

I think you're going to be disappointed forever, I don't think he will ever play Shield or Test cricket. He knows he has limited life in cricket and he's going to do what he can which means 20/20.

38 Shield matches in seven years and 28 One day games in seven years for Queensland. Him not wanting a contract is a pretty big indicator.

I think you're going to be disappointed forever, I don't think he will ever play Shield or Test cricket. He knows he has limited life in cricket and he's going to do what he can which means 20/20.

38 Shield matches in seven years and 28 One day games in seven years for Queensland. Him not wanting a contract is a pretty big indicator.

Yeah I know, it’s such a shame as he could have been anything.

https://www.cricket.com.au/news/chr...n-sheffield-shield-khawaja-doggett/2017-08-15

Chris Lynn has not been included on the Queensland Bulls contract list for this summer as the star batsman continues to recover from shoulder surgery.
Cricket.com.au understands the decision was made with Lynn's input and approval and the Bulls say the 27-year-old will be in the frame for selection when he returns from injury next year.
A dedicated team man, Lynn has backed himself to earn an upgraded contract through appearances once he recovers from the shoulder issue, an approach that allowed the Bulls to take a full roster into the start of the campaign with Lynn expected to be sidelined for much of the summer.
"While Brisbane Heat contracted player Lynn was not offered a Bulls contract, he will be considered for selection like any other player once he returns from the shoulder injury that currently has him sidelined until early next year," the Bulls said in a statement.

https://www.cricket.com.au/news/chr...n-sheffield-shield-khawaja-doggett/2017-08-15

Chris Lynn has not been included on the Queensland Bulls contract list for this summer as the star batsman continues to recover from shoulder surgery.
Cricket.com.au understands the decision was made with Lynn's input and approval and the Bulls say the 27-year-old will be in the frame for selection when he returns from injury next year.
A dedicated team man, Lynn has backed himself to earn an upgraded contract through appearances once he recovers from the shoulder issue, an approach that allowed the Bulls to take a full roster into the start of the campaign with Lynn expected to be sidelined for much of the summer.
"While Brisbane Heat contracted player Lynn was not offered a Bulls contract, he will be considered for selection like any other player once he returns from the shoulder injury that currently has him sidelined until early next year," the Bulls said in a statement.

That's awesome but no relevance.

Show me a quote from Chris saying he can't wait to play Shield and he's doing everything he can to be fit to play Shield or long form cricket It's about the Heat.

Which is fine, I have no issue with that at all. Like I said I think he won't bother trying anymore.

“It’s all going well. Hopefully I can stay on the paddock for a longer period of time than what I have.
“I’ve only really gone a couple of tournaments here and there then been out for a few months.
“If I can stay on the paddock for 12 months there is plenty of opportunities, not only in Australia but around the world.
“It’s something I look forward to. I know I’m definitely good enough.”

Is Shield cricket being played around the world now?

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Skathen
  • Financeguy
  • Broncorob
  • KateBroncos1812
  • ChewThePhatt
  • FACTHUNT
  • Dash
  • Cavalo
  • ezpz
  • marw
  • Big Del
  • Waynesaurus
  • broncsgoat
  • jarro65
  • Sproj
  • RodF
  • Tim K
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.