Innings Break

Tas 250
McDermott 74 (156)
Webster 54 (77)
Siddle 33 (46)

Neser 5/32 (17)
Bartlett 4/58 (15.3)
Swepson 1/68 (27)

Michael Neser is the modern day Andy Bichel.

With a FC average of 25.85 he would have walked into our test team any time between 2007-2018 but it just so happens he's hitting his straps at the same time as we have arguably our greatest ever pace attack.

Every time I think he may steal a spot off Hazelwood who goes through periods of 1-2 wicket innings and Nese is getting 3+ every innings, Hazelwood comes out next game and get 7+ wickets for the match

sad face

Bulls 3/176 at tea - Street 54 & Labuschagne 97*

100 up for Marnus

Marnus 100 number 5 in 48 games for Bulls.

Marnus has become a superstar. Genuine A grade talent.

158* for Marnus @ 72.48 SR

4-286

Stumps 6-331, lead by 81

Marnus 167
Street 54
Renshaw 48

Peirson and Neser to resume

Last edited:
I have no idea what we have done to deserve both Marnus and Smith in the same era but we are incredibly lucky.

Easily the two best test batsmen on the planet right now.

I have no idea what we have done to deserve both Marnus and Smith in the same era but we are incredibly lucky.

Virat Kohli doesn't do it for you?

Australian cricket has always been about passing the torch.

Virat Kohli doesn't do it for you?

Nope. He's been exposed in England, New Zealand and in West Indies. If it weren't for the fact he plays basically every 2nd test in India (where he averages 68+ on roads) he'd be regarded as slightly above average.

He's batted at 4 most his career and when they experimented with him at 3 he failed miserably.

On form I'd have Marnus above him although Kohli clearly is on another tier in terms of his career. Steve Smith is in an entirely different conversation.

Nope. He's been exposed in England, New Zealand and in West Indies. If it weren't for the fact he plays basically every 2nd test in India (where he averages 68+ on roads) he'd be regarded as slightly above average.

He's batted at 4 most his career and when they experimented with him at 3 he failed miserably.

On form I'd have Marnus above him although Kohli clearly is on another tier in terms of his career. Steve Smith is in an entirely different conversation.

I will have to disagree on that one. Kohli is the best multi-format batsman likely ever but in tests, he is a pretty clear number 2 to Smith. Marnus hasn't performed outside Australia and England yet. Even then, I think Virat has still outperformed Marnus in England?

I will have to disagree on that one. Kohli is the best multi-format batsman likely ever but in tests, he is a pretty clear number 2 to Smith. Marnus hasn't performed outside Australia and England yet. Even then, I think Virat has still outperformed Marnus in England?

Ponting is the best multi form batsmen good sir.

Agree on the multi-format analysis - Kohli is a gun with the white ball and his record with the red ball stands up too.

It's hard to make any real comment on Marnus this early in his career but he averaged 50+ in an Ashes tour of England and is averaging 60+ in his short career to date.

Kohli might be #2 by some measures but I'm taking Marnus on form.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Xzei
  • Lozza
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Cavalo
  • lynx000
  • LittleDavey
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Wolfie
  • Fatboy
  • Foordy
  • Dash
  • Redux
  • Jazza
  • Fozz
  • Bish
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Spooky1013
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Skyblues87
... and 23 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.