Aryan Jain (South Brisbane)

Ronan McDonald (Toombul)

Hassan Sarder (Norths)

Matt Willans (University of Qld)

Jack Wood (Ipswich)

Coaches: Darren Lehmann, Ryan Harris

Boys are in trouble early at 3-11

Street with a bad leave for a duck and Marnus out first ball

If the weather predictions are correct this game will be abandoned anyway come tomorrow

5-46 at lunch

Ussie and Wildebeest in now.

Another gun innings by Khawaja, he’s banging that door down, he has to open with Warner or even bat 5. I just feel he’s got to be in that first test side somewhere.

It's muggy as hell at the 'Gabba. Hard batting conditions but Bulls haven't applied themselves too much.

Green hasn't really cashed in today, been economical but certainly not a threat. Pitch it up and take some risks.

If I’m picking an Ashes side tomorrow based on what I’ve seen so far this year, I’m going with:

1. Warner
2. Khawaja
3. Labushagne
4. Smith
5. Green
6. Head
7. Peirson (Philippe is improving but not ready yet, I don’t rate Carey and Inglis is a victim of T20, Paine is underdone)
8. Paris
9. Cummins
10. Hazlewood
11. Lyon

12. Richardson

I’m so tempted to put Richardson in there but I think selectors want a lefty.

Neser injured and not warming up- could have used his 71 Gabba wickets at 18 today.

Green 50.

Gee he's been good for WA at the 'Gabba.

I was at his 251 earlier this year, 121 in 2019 and 87 in 2019.

Phillippe 100, just too good at the moment for anything the Bulls throw at them.

5/252.

Reserve keepers are carving them up.

So weird to see Marnis bowling out swinging mediums, pretty well too.

This is great from Philippe, Aussie cricket needs him to build on this.

So weird to see Marnis bowling out swinging mediums, pretty well too.

This is great from Philippe, Aussie cricket needs him to build on this.

He needs to get past Inglis first. He either needs to move states or just be a batter if he wants to stay in WA.

He needs to get past Inglis first. He either needs to move states or just be a batter if he wants to stay in WA.

Yep of course but he’s still very young, he has time on his side. That said, I wouldn’t mind if he went to NSW, Tassie or VIC.

A random list:

The International Australian team of current players:

1. Whiteman (England)
2. Khawaja (Pakistan)
3. Labushagne (South Africa)
4. Cartwright (Zimbabwe)
5. Renshaw (England)
6. Henriques (Portugal)
7. Inglis (England)
8. Neser (South Africa)
9. Hardie (New Zealand)
10. Green (South Africa)
11. O'Keefe (Malaysia)

12. Ahmed (Pakistan)

A bit light on for pace bowlers but otherwise, a decent international team.

If I’m picking an Ashes side tomorrow based on what I’ve seen so far this year, I’m going with:

1. Warner
2. Khawaja
3. Labushagne
4. Smith
5. Green
6. Head
7. Peirson (Philippe is improving but not ready yet, I don’t rate Carey and Inglis is a victim of T20, Paine is underdone)
8. Paris
9. Cummins
10. Hazlewood
11. Lyon

12. Richardson

I’m so tempted to put Richardson in there but I think selectors want a lefty.
I almost completely agree with you. Would probably have Head at 5 the order is a bit more stable that way. But you could also argue it gives Cameron a bit more time and less pressure to have to salvage innings. Obviously Paine won't get dropped but I think the best keepers is Peirson followed by Phillipe like you said (both taking in account glove work and ability to score runs). Phillipe has fixed up his technique and its worked pretty well however I am a massive fan of Jimmy Peirson these past few years, would have to be one of my favourite cricketers and I'd love to see him behind the stumps for the Aussies. Finally obviously starcy will play but I get this was a form side. Quite honestly I don't keep up with to much of Joel Paris's stats but it might be a bit trigger happy from yesterdays performance. Would probably be chucking Richo, Neser or Steketee in before him.

Just a little new discussion point. How good was the keeping from Peirson up to the stumps off the pace bowlers.

Active Now

• Waynesaurus
  • GCBRONCO
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Cavalo
  • Fozz
  • Broncosgirl
  • Bish
  • Wolfie
  • teampjta
  • Dash
  • Aldo
  • Fatboy
  • Mustafur
  • Morkel
  • BroncoFan94
  • bb_gun
  • The Don
  • FACTHUNT
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.