• Cooper Cronk

Votes: 3 11.5%

• Total voters
Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
So according to the CM, Wayne Bennett has decided not to coach QLD again in 2021.

While Paul Green is the favourite, the CM and Bruce Hatcher has thrown up the names of some former QLD legends to take on the role.

so BHQ, who do you want to see as QLD coach from the 2021 series?

I read something the other day that Paul Green will take over for a year or two with Smith & Slater on the coaching staff - with the long-term goal of having Smith coach QLD.

I read something the other day that Paul Green will take over for a year or two with Smith & Slater on the coaching staff - with the long-term goal of having Smith coach QLD.

not the worst idea in the world.

Bit disappointed Locky went into commentating and the management side of things instead of being more hands on, always thought he would end up coaching the Broncos and QLD.

Bit disappointed Locky went into commentating and the management side of things instead of being more hands on, always thought he would end up coaching the Broncos and QLD.

He hasn't shown himself to be stellar at management or spokespersonship, probably good he didn't go into coaching.

He hasn't shown himself to be stellar at management or spokespersonship, probably good he didn't go into coaching.
Skills coach for halves/fullback would be his limit or best application.

Don't think Smith should be QLD coach.

He should be the Broncos assistant coach instead.

Last edited:
OK, the CM need to stop using the term "coaching dream team" in reference to the Maroons job.

an article in there today saying that Paul Green and Johnathan Thurston could team up to form a "coaching dream team" to lead the maroons in this years series

OK, the CM need to stop using the term "coaching dream team" in reference to the Maroons job.

an article in there today saying that Paul Green and Johnathan Thurston could team up to form a "coaching dream team" to lead the maroons in this years series
100% spot on, I was about to type something similar.
I read a different article, calling Smith, Slater, Hodges a dream team. Newsflash, they are not. Conceivably they might become that, but right now they are just 2 outstanding ex-players with limited coaching experience, and 1 arguably best player of all time who hasn't held a coaching position at all.
This is not the description of a coaching dream team, it is the description of a coaching staff with potential.
Here IS a SOO dream team.......Mal Meninga and Wayne Bennett.

the CM is reporting that it is down to Green or Slater for the QLD job

Green has already been interviewed by Hatcher and Robert Moore.

but some QLD directors are pushing for Slater to be given the job. Reportedly, these directors are concerned that Green still has aspirations to be an NRL head coach and they are nervous about his availability for the 2021 series. if chosen Green needs to guarantee that he will see out this years series.

I have absolutely no idea what the QRL are worried about ... 5 coaches were sacked in 2020; I can't imagine that leaves any coach on the verge of being sacked (at least before Junes origin series)

Josh morris apparently is under pressure

Last edited:
I'm not entirely sure Billy would be my first choice tbh, he seems intelligent, but I'm not sure if he's coaching material just yet. Think he probably needs to learn the ropes through some assistant coaching gigs at NRL level before he should be considered.

Cameron Smith is the only guy I'd be willing to throw in as coach with zero experience.

Unread

Active Now

• bert_lifts
  • Thelmus
  • Skathen
  • BrisVegas
  • Broncorob
  • Porthoz
  • Swordfish
  • Mustafur
  • bazza
  • Battler
  • MrMoore
  • theshed
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.