Queensland Cricket 2019/2020

Benny what an enigma.

When he started, wow perfect storm, second generation Bull, tall angled and fast. 18 games and 38 wickets at 19 for Bulls and a great one day final only defending 187 and he comes out and gets 3/25.

When he didn't get a contract end of 2011 and moved to Tasmania I thought they're mad but someone knew something. He's only played 1 SS game for Tasmania and 19 One Day games.

Bulls didn't miss out on too much, but he's found his niche with 20/20, only question is at 37 is buying the farm back now a bit late?

Benny what an enigma.

When he started, wow perfect storm, second generation Bull, tall angled and fast. 18 games and 38 wickets at 19 for Bulls and a great one day final only defending 187 and he comes out and gets 3/25.

When he didn't get a contract end of 2011 and moved to Tasmania I thought they're mad but someone knew something. He's only played 1 SS game for Tasmania and 19 One Day games.

Bulls didn't miss out on too much, but he's found his niche with 20/20, only question is at 37 is buying the farm back now a bit late?

Probably a bit late but kudos to the Heat in at least trying to address their horrible bowling.

Moderately interesting and unsurprising fact about Ben Laughlin, he is a monumental ****. An older brother of my best mate growing up was an off-spinner in the same age group, was stuck behind Nathan Hauritz though, so couldn't get a run for the Bulls, but he played plenty with everyone in that age group, I remember him saying that Laughlin used to just talk shit to everyone and literally everyone hated him in Brisbane grade cricket.

On the flip side he was best mates with Ben Dunk, and Dunk was an absolute champion, he used to come over and get pissed with us and just chat cricket, good times.

Queensland squad: Usman Khawaja (c), Xavier Bartlett, Max Bryant, Ben Cutting, Sam Heazlett, Charlie Hemphrey, Matthew Kuhnemann, Michael Neser, James Peirson, Matthew Renshaw, Billy Stanlake, Mark Steketee, Bryce Street, Jack Wildermuth.
[automerge]1574673215[/automerge]
Western Australia squad: Ashton Turner (c), Ashton Agar, Cameron Bancroft, Hilton Cartwright, Nathan Coulter-Nile, Cameron Green, Liam Guthrie, Matt Kelly, Shaun Marsh, Josh Philippe, Jhye Richardson, D’Arcy Short, Marcus Stoinis.

Last edited:
Warriors bowling.
[automerge]1574726638[/automerge]
Heazlett back in the middle order- his goal was Friday against Tasmania but he says he's good to go today. Good replacement for Burns and hopefully batting at the end.

Last edited:
Serious question. Why is a domestic limited overs final being played during the day on a Tuesday?

I get Cricket Australia are generally hopeless at promoting domestic cricket, but what was the thinking behind this?

Queensland has had 4 days of Test Cricket and a Domestic OD Final in the last week and 60% of those days have occured while everyone goes to work?

Last edited:
Serious question. Why is a domestic limited overs final being played during the day on a Tuesday?

I get Cricket Australia are generally hopeless at promoting domestic cricket, but what was the thinking behind this?

Queensland has had 4 days of Test Cricket and a Domestic OD Final in the last week and 60% of those days have had empty stadiums while everyone goes to work?

Because people no longer care about domestic cricket (apparently?)

Some of my fondest memories as a kid were my Dad picking me up from school early to take me to the Gabba to watch the Bulls play D/N games, we'd catch the last 30 overs or so from the first innings and the whole 2nd innings.

This game isn't even being played at the Gabba, that's how little they planned ahead / care, it's at AB oval.

Because people no longer care about domestic cricket (apparently?)

Some of my fondest memories as a kid were my Dad picking me up from school early to take me to the Gabba to watch the Bulls play D/N games, we'd catch the last 30 overs or so from the first innings and the whole 2nd innings.

This game isn't even being played at the Gabba, that's how little they planned ahead / care, it's at AB oval.
They're lucky Rugby Australia exists as the ultimate benchmark for how to disregard your domestic product, because without them they'd be under the spotlight for it far worse than they currently are.

**** me, we're already 2 down, Bryant & Heazlett gone.

Queensland has had 4 days of Test Cricket and a Domestic OD Final in the last week and 60% of those days have occured while everyone goes to work?

Serious question and not being a smart arse but would you have gone on Saturday? The next Test starts I guess they don't want to undercut their own product by playing it during a Test.
[automerge]1574728123[/automerge]
They're lucky Rugby Australia exists as the ultimate benchmark for how to disregard your domestic product, because without them they'd be under the spotlight for it far worse than they currently are.

Domestic cricket exists to make Test and ODI cricketers, nothing else. It's not a product that they're selling.

Last edited:
Serious question and not being a smart arse but would you have gone on Saturday? The next Test starts I guess they don't want to undercut their own product by playing it during a Test.
[automerge]1574728123[/automerge]

Domestic cricket exists to make Test and ODI cricketers, nothing else. It's not a product that they're selling.
Well I live in Sydney so I wouldn't personally have gone, but if it was in Sydney that's a different story. I attend domestic cricket a few times a year down here, I love it, I'll take my kids too as soon as they're old enough. My late Grandfather and I used to go a lot during the 90's and the Final was certainly not played on a Tuesday back then.

I fully understand it isn't their priority, but as the custodians of the game they do have some responsibility to drive fan engagement and it's hard to argue they couldn't be doing better than they are currently to sell it. I get that the Test is on this Saturday and the schedule is hectic, but it's not like it crept up on them and they couldn't have planned better so the dates didn't clash. Even playing it as a D/N game would have given people some reasonable chance to attend. Even to watch it live on TV is virtually impossible for most people during a weekday.

Does any other cricketing nation play their domestic limited overs finals during the day on a weekday while everyone is at work?

Last edited:
5/57, this game's over.

WA bowling line-up has too much fire power.

5/57, this game's over.

WA bowling line-up has too much fire power.

All I have seen is very poor batting- chopped on, playing the wrong line, trying to leave balls and edging. Every single dismissal was batting error.

Bulls batting lets them down again.
[automerge]1574733111[/automerge]
Maybe this can be the Bulls 1977 Miracle Match?

Who can be our Lillee?

Last edited:
Well I live in Sydney so I wouldn't personally have gone, but if it was in Sydney that's a different story. I attend domestic cricket a few times a year down here, I love it, I'll take my kids too as soon as they're old enough. My late Grandfather and I used to go a lot during the 90's and the Final was certainly not played on a Tuesday back then.

I fully understand it isn't their priority, but as the custodians of the game they do have some responsibility to drive fan engagement and it's hard to argue they couldn't be doing better than they are currently to sell it. I get that the Test is on this Saturday and the schedule is hectic, but it's not like it crept up on them and they couldn't have planned better so the dates didn't clash. Even playing it as a D/N game would have given people some reasonable chance to attend. Even to watch it live on TV is virtually impossible for most people during a weekday.

Does any other cricketing nation play their domestic limited overs finals during the day on a weekday while everyone is at work?

Not too sure on other countries to be honest.

I think it's a priority but not in a result, game sense but just in a development sense. If this game gets 500 people to it but Stonis and Neser become better than in AC eyes the game has done its job.

It would have been scheduled for guys to be picked for the ODI in January.

I don't think today or weekend makes a difference to be honest. I would be willing to bet crowd is the same.

Last edited:
Bulls 205

Maybe.......

Great work by Peirson for 79.

Not too sure on other countries to be honest.

I think it's a priority but not in a result, game sense but just in a development sense. If this game gets 500 people to it but Stonis and Neser become better than in AC eyes the game has done its job.

It would have been scheduled for guys to be picked for the ODI in January.

I don't think today or weekend makes a difference to be honest. I would be willing to bet crowd is the same.
You may well be right, and that's a massive shame. Even outside of the crowd numbers though, I can't believe there isn't even broadcaster pressure to play it at a more TV friendly time slot.

Would have been great to watch the second innings later tonight at the very least, but now people can't even really do that.

I get scheduling is hard, but honestly it's a bit tough to cop that this was honestly the best date and time they could possibly manage. It does to an extent feel almost like they view the fans with irrelevance, if not outright contempt.

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • Spoon
  • Galah
  • Painin the Haas
  • KateBroncos1812
  • The Don
  • Strop
  • I bleed Maroon
  • bb_gun
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.