Queensland Cricket 2019/2020

Hope they bat first next game I want to see what they can post.

You don’t want to bat while it’s dewy at 9:30. Jimmy thinks it dries out. Last two games seem accurate.

They did it last season too with Lynn bowling in 5/7 games.

Last edited:
You don’t want to bat while it’s dewy at 9:30. Jimmy thinks it dries out. Last two games seem accurate.

They did it last season too with Lynn bowling in 5/7 games.

Yeah fair enough.

Shame the schedule didn't allow for a full strength NSW side at AB Oval, that's gonna look like an ODI team.

Yeah fair enough.

Shame the schedule didn't allow for a full strength NSW side at AB Oval, that's gonna look like an ODI team.
1 D Hughes
2 D Warner
3 S Smith
4 K Patterson
5 M Henriques
6 P Nevill
7 S Abbott
8 P Cummins
9 M Starc
10 N Lyon
11 J Hazlewood

Everybody in this team except Hughes has played for Australia

Marsh One Day Cup
Games 3, 4
Queensland Bulls squad
v Victoria, CitiPower Centre, Sunday, Tuesday

18. Usman Khawaja (c)
19. Xavier Bartlett
15. Joe Burns
17. Max Bryant
31. Ben Cutting
47. Sam Heazlett
30. Matthew Kuhnemann
9. Marnus Labuschagne
20. Michael Neser
59. Jimmy Peirson
77. Matt Renshaw
37. Billy Stanlake
16. Mark Steketee

Cutting in
Khawaja in

Gannon out
Wildermuth injured
Hemphrey out

I'd be going:

1. Heazlett
2. Khawaja (c)
3. Labushagne
4. Renshaw
5. Burns
6. Pierson (wk)
7. Cutting
8. Neser
9. Kuhnemann
10. Steketee
11. Stanlake

Harsh on Bryant, I like the kid and LOVE the way he smashes everything but he just hasn't got the runs on the board.

We should win this comp undefeated with Cutting & Khawaja coming back in.

A real struggle to fit Khawaja and Cutting in TBH. I'd be keen to see Cutting in as a batsmen only.

A real struggle to fit Khawaja and Cutting in TBH. I'd be keen to see Cutting in as a batsmen only.

I see him as past to be honest. He hasn’t played for Qld in two years and chose 20/20 in Antartica last summer over the OD comp.

I know he’s been belting them the first three rounds for Souths. 110 from 57 balls, 98 not out off 54 balls and 41 not out of 17 balls but it’s not 2013 anymore and dropping a 21 year old for him seems counterproductive to me.

Cutting 57 games av 19.
Two 50 and 0 100’s.

Too little for me. Rather use the young all rounders.

It’s going to be difficult under the format to maintain momentum. Bulls play two games next week than three weeks until next OD game. Then end of October followed by end of November and Final on 26/11.

It’s old school domestic to have to switch between one day and shield and most of these guys haven’t done it.

It’s going to be difficult under the format to maintain momentum. Bulls play two games next week than three weeks until next OD game. Then end of October followed by end of November and Final on 26/11.

It’s old school domestic to have to switch between one day and shield and most of these guys haven’t done it.

Wait, what, why is that the format? That's awful..

Just play all the one day games and then play a couple of months of Shield leading in to the Summer tests? wtf

I see him as past to be honest. He hasn’t played for Qld in two years and chose 20/20 in Antartica last summer over the OD comp.

I know he’s been belting them the first three rounds for Souths. 110 from 57 balls, 98 not out off 54 balls and 41 not out of 17 balls but it’s not 2013 anymore and dropping a 21 year old for him seems counterproductive to me.

Can’t argue with that tbh. Heck I’m not even keen to bring Khawaja in as the youth in place is doing well.

Wait, what, why is that the format? That's awful..

Just play all the one day games and then play a couple of months of Shield leading in to the Summer tests? wtf

First time in six years it hasn’t been played as a block. Still not back to before when the draw was the shield you’d play Victoria Monday to Thursday then OD Saturday. That’s what they’re trying to get back to guys having to switch between formats which happens a lot internationally. Also allows you to pick a more current in form Australian team, and not having no OD games from October to January then pick an Australian team on four month old form.

Solid start, hard batting with no pace. Few near misses.

0/63 off 10.

I'd be going:

1. Heazlett
2. Khawaja (c)
3. Labushagne
4. Renshaw
5. Burns
6. Pierson (wk)
7. Cutting
8. Neser
9. Kuhnemann
10. Steketee
11. Stanlake

Harsh on Bryant, I like the kid and LOVE the way he smashes everything but he just hasn't got the runs on the board.

Why Renshaw at 4 ?
I thought he was sposed to be the Aussie opener for the next 10 years a cpl of seasons back .

Why Renshaw at 4 ?
I thought he was sposed to be the Aussie opener for the next 10 years a cpl of seasons back .

He still will be, but he scores quickly in limited overs and can bat anywhere really.

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • Broncosgirl
  • Sproj
  • Santa
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Painin the Haas
  • Culhwch
  • Wolfie
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Griffo
  • Jazza
  • BroncosAlways
  • IceWorks
  • Ozired
  • mitch222
  • Lurker
  • Big Del
  • ozzball
  • Foordy
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.