Q-CUP Queensland Cup 2021

FaithinHook

FaithinHook

NRL Player
Jun 4, 2013
Very interested to see if Dearden can put his stamp on the game here. He needs to show something here.

K-Style

K-Style

NRL Player
Jun 1, 2014
Handling is about the same as Wynnum yesterday. Will take some time for everyone to get back into it properly.

K-Style

K-Style

NRL Player
Jun 1, 2014
Dearden's long passes are the right idea but not great execution.

Last edited:
K-Style

K-Style

NRL Player
Jun 1, 2014
Paix could have made that easier for Dearden by passing the first time. But the Broncos reserves playing well.

Last edited:
Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Was that Hetherington who got that offload away to Paix? It was a great take by Cory through traffic and he showed some good speed to make that break.

There was an element of luck behind Dearden's try (ricochet grubber) but he did well.

36-20 Souths Logan

11 to go.

Last edited:
Jedhead

Jedhead

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jan 8, 2018
Corey Paix has looked a lot more dynamic this game. Even in the wet his passes out of dummy half have been fast and accurate. Well done that man.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
The rain ruined the last five minutes of the coverage, it didn't matter Souths held onto win 36-20.

Good performance from Souths, I wouldn't say the Broncos boys carried but they did their part. Oates playing on the wing was the stand-out.

Renegade

Renegade

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 14, 2008
Oates did well and Dearden MOTM.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
I've mentioned it a few times but that's a huge turn-around from the Magpies last game.

They led 30-6 against the Hunters, the team that finished second last in 2019, only to be chased down 32-30 in under 30 minutes. It was a demoralising loss and that was the base Niu, Paix and Dearden were coming off when they were tasked with turning the Broncos around.

I'd take a win against Burleigh any day in this competition.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
I'm watching it now, Paix for me has been most impressive followed by Hunt thus far but only 20 mins in.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Dearden just constantly reminds me of Lockyer, I don't want to lose him.

I agree ... although i am troubled by the reports i keep reading.

basically, that he want's to stay here, but only if he gets picked for the NRL immediately.

I detest that attitude. he should be prepared to earn the spot (and it's not like he is actually trying to beat out Darren Lockyer for a position (although I have no doubt Milford was at some stage called the next Lockyer))

If he keeps his head down and bum up, it won't be long before he beats out either Milford or Croft

Admittedly, these reports are coming from Dobbo and others with similar levels of credibility, so hopefully they are full of shit as usual.

Last edited:
theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
Dearden looking good, very involved, kicking game looks good. I hope he can see why it is benefitting him to go back to Q cup and doesn’t see it as a punishment. A couple weeks of him playing how he is and Milf playing the way he is and he’ll be in the team.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Look it is one game but man, Hunt still looks like he has it where it counts. I'd happily sign him on for one of those two remaining list spots if he keeps it up for a week or three.

Active Now

• jarro65
  • Brocko
  • kman
  • Slippin Jimmy
  • Jeza23
  • Wolfie
  • sooticus
  • mrtij
  • Harry Sack
  • ChewThePhatt
  • BooKhaki
  • broncotville
  • pennywisealfie
  • theshed
  • Cavalo
  • Santa
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.