Q-CUP Queensland Cup 2021

I keep saying it though, I don't think we need to sign a 9, I think we already have him.

Bad luck boys, you may have lost but you did fight right to the end.

That went to the running sheet. Bears just too tough and finals tough at that. Six Grand Finals since 96 for four wins- that's just the Bears and third prelim in a row.

Bears started well and just defended their line once Magpies got frustrated and injuries it was going to be too hard from there.

Bears v Norths will be interesting, Bears two tough games in a row now for the Bears and Norths sitting back watching. Who starts better and who runs out of gas?

Magpies did way too much defence in the first half and missed too many and then when the possession evened up they had injuries and no stamina left to make it happen.

It was the exact game the Magpies would have dreaded and the exact game the Bears would dream about.

Magpies defence needs a lot of work this off-season.

Souths defended well but burleigh looked like the better side for the full 80. Could've been a great contest with Mam in and James playing the 80

It evened up defence wise but the first half they didn't defend well, 10-0 down, Bears had 59% of the ball and Magpies had missed 20 tackles compared to five.

They got better in the second half but they were gone by then and couldn't attack.

Preliminary finals​

Intrust Super Cup​

Sunday, October 3

Wynnum Manly Seagulls v Tweed Seagulls at Suncorp Stadium, 12.15pm (Channel 9)

Norths Devils v Burleigh Bears at Suncorp Stadium, 2.45pm (Channel 9)

Hastings Deering Colts​

Saturday, October 2

Sunshine Coast Falcons v Townsville Blackhawks at Moreton Daily Stadium, 4pm (Broadcast: QRL.com.au, Intrust Super Cup app, QRL Facebook and Kayo Freebies)

Redcliffe Dolphins v Wynnum Manly Seagulls at Moreton Daily Stadium, 6pm (Broadcast: QRL.com.au, Intrust Super Cup app, QRL Facebook and Kayo Freebies)

Someone had to do it but 12:15 kick off in Brisbane might be a massive disadvantage a week later.

The game today for me confirmed that isaako is very unlikely to be an nrl fullback. Although his defensive positioning has improved, he was caught out in Rowe's try, but the major thing is his lack of involvement in attack.

He had the most top grade experience in the team but did not stand up when souths needed it. Yes he got a try assist but what I noticed was that he only ever involves himself in a play or supports a ball carrier is when the play means he gets the ball.

Unlike top grade fullbacks he never just supports ball carriers in case of an offload, never runs decoys or just maintain a presence around the ball. Because he only gets near the ball when he was going to receive it, it was telegraphed and he was mostly easily covered by the defence and by not running decoys or support he did not attract the defence and therefore did not provide opportunities for his team mates.

He has had the opportunity to acquire this skill across 4 years in reserve and top grade now but is still lacking. For me, in top grade he is a wing or nothing now.

The game today for me confirmed that isaako is very unlikely to be an nrl fullback. Although his defensive positioning has improved, he was caught out in Rowe's try, but the major thing is his lack of involvement in attack.

He had the most top grade experience in the team but did not stand up when souths needed it. Yes he got a try assist but what I noticed was that he only ever involves himself in a play or supports a ball carrier is when the play means he gets the ball.

Unlike top grade fullbacks he never just supports ball carriers in case of an offload, never runs decoys or just maintain a presence around the ball. Because he only gets near the ball when he was going to receive it, it was telegraphed and he was mostly easily covered by the defence and by not running decoys or support he did not attract the defence and therefore did not provide opportunities for his team mates.

He has had the opportunity to acquire this skill across 4 years in reserve and top grade now but is still lacking. For me, in top grade he is a wing or nothing now.

Bears were out on their feet for 20 minutes in the second half. He should have demanded the ball, got into first receiver and made an impact. They had no halves left and the premiers were about to pop.

He touched the ball 25 times; 25-30 is normal for a fullback but in this situation I would have hoped he upped it to 40.

Broncos staff were their and that’s what they wanted.

Full BHP Tally.

How did Gale only get six votes? She was sensational.

Full BHP Tally.

How did Gale only get six votes? She was sensational.

They don’t seem to love her like you do I suppose. Winning only two games wouldn’t have helped (despite Baker polling higher), and hard to do from lock as opposed to fullback or half like everyone else in the top 5

Blackhawks into the Grand Final.

Crazy form- Falcons beat Wynnum week one who had lost one game all year have the week off and lose week three.

Townsville too good; Lipp is a future star for Cowboys.

Far out there's a lot of Farrs out there in this game.

@1910 Is Graham into the top 30 for the Broncs next year or train and trial or something else? I can't find anything about him signing.

Epic put down there by one of the Farrs, that was classy!

Graham has a sweet pass on him.

Who other than graham do we look out for in this game?

Active Now

• broncos4life
  • jd87
  • Jedhead
  • Gaz
  • GCBRONCO
  • Bish
  • Broncosgirl
  • Jazza
  • Fitzy
  • sooticus
  • Morkel
  • Griffo
  • Sproj
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Harry Sack
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Strop
  • Aldo
  • Cavalo
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.