Queensland Cup 2022

Paix gets on the back of a Bayliss run and fires a great pass to Smith try.
From memory you like your cricket don’t you? I reckon you should get a job for cricket.com.au writing the ball by ball analysis for the matches on the app.

No Tesi in the game today??

Can see Tristan playing fullback

Hazard with a huge break from dummy half but can't find any support. Magpies shift left, Sailor goes for the long cut-out pass but Samoa fumbles over the sideline.

Wynnum go 90m and it takes a series of try saving efforts from Waaka, Sailor and Kelly to save the day.

18-16 Seagulls.

58 gone.

Magpies score off a seven tackle set. On the last Magpies go left to Wilson who appeared to be looking for the cut-out pass but Sailor intercepted it. Sailor puts in a well weighted grubber and Tate pulls the Seagulls pants down as they were hoping it would go over the dead-ball line.

Sailor fails to convert.

20-18 Magpies

62 gone.

Seagulls attack the left, Kelly goes for an intercept but ends up losing the ball.

Seagulls scrum from 20m out, they shift left to Scarlett who gives it to Farr who beats 3 tackles to score.

22-20 Seagulls

67 gone.

Missed a few plays, Tate scored again then Sailor made a huge line-break which Paix was able to finish off.

Magpies led 32-22, but made a mistake off the set and the Seagulls hit back after Kelly failed to clean up a grubber kick from Scarlett.

Saitaua makes a big line-break through Tate and Wilson, but Sailor is able to make an effective cover tackle. Seagulls attack the line but Kelly makes no mistake and earns his team a relieving penalty.

79 gone, Magpies have to complete their set and ice the game.

Kelly kicks it over the sideline on the 4th, Seagulls have 30 seconds but they have to attack from their 10m. Scarlett goes all or nothing with a kick for his winger but Samoa covers it. Sailor boots it over the sideline from dummy half and that's game.

FT Magpies 32 def. Seagulls 28.

Hazard MotM, Christian pays tribute to Kelly and Paix for their efforts.

Admittedly I was distracted when the Magpies took the lead. Watching the replay now, the match winning try for Paix was quality work. Paix gets on the front foot before giving it to Kelly who deftly turns it inside to Sailor who cuts straight through. Sailor links up with Hazard who finds Paix in support and Paix finishes it off.

Well worth checking out a replay of it if you get the chance.

How's Sailor going? Perhaps I'm feeling nostalgic about having a Sailor in a Broncos jersey, but is he a shot at the NRL side?

Kelly kicks it over the sideline on the 4th, Seagulls have 30 seconds but they have to attack from their 10m. Scarlett goes all or nothing with a kick for his winger but Samoa covers it. Sailor boots it over the sideline from dummy half and that's game.

Admittedly I was distracted when the Magpies took the lead. Watching the replay now, the match winning try for Paix was quality work. Paix gets on the front foot before giving it to Kelly who deftly turns it inside to Sailor who cuts straight through. Sailor links up with Hazard who finds Paix in support and Paix finishes it off.

Let's hope Paix makes his way back into the Broncos team this week.

Hookers in Cup need to be selfish, Paix was about him today and getting the and changing the result. Much better than the last two weeks.

If Tesi and Hosking were stood down incase of NRL then you'd assume Paix isn't a chance of being back on Thursday.

How's Sailor going? Perhaps I'm feeling nostalgic about having a Sailor in a Broncos jersey, but is he a shot at the NRL side?
I would be shocked if he isn't on a train and trial deal.

He's the type of player I'd keep in the periphary. He's got too many errors in his game to be excited about, but if you can give him time to work on those areas, he could be a really handy utility player moving forward.

Wow, I'm watching this game and Paix has been excellent so far. Surely Kevvie can't be stupid enough not to pick him again?

I would be shocked if he isn't on a train and trial deal.

He's the type of player I'd keep in the periphary. He's got too many errors in his game to be excited about, but if you can give him time to work on those areas, he could be a really handy utility player moving forward.

I have been really disappointed, he is in a struggling team and tries every week to pull off massive plays that just get intercepted or do nothing. He needed to show some maturity and settle down and guide them through. I think he's been borderline terrible.

Interesting to see if he stays around and improves under Hunt.

Chris Faagutu- Tigers
Isaiya Katoa- Dolphins
Keano Kinni- Titans
Liam Le Blanc- Souths
Karl Oloapu- Broncos
Josiah Pahulu- Titans
Joash Papali- Bulldogs
Michael Roberts-Dolphins
Chevy Stewart- Raiders

Man of the match in the final- Gabe Satrick was sensational at hooker for Queensland. He goes to Ipswich State High but he won't be NRL-less after this week.

Satrick signed to the Storm ahead of the Langer Trophy final tomorrow.

That means now all three of ISHS Queensland schoolboy reps are signed Satrick- Storm, Pahulu Titans and Fotu Sharks.

Active Now

• Johnny92
  • Broncosgirl
  • BroncosAlways
  • KateBroncos1812
  • bb_gun
  • lynx000
  • Gaz
  • peter09
  • Scorchie
  • Santa
  • Fitzy
  • Financeguy
  • Battler
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.