Raiders pull out of South Logan

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
Just heard on ABC Grandstand that Furner has told club officials they're ceasing all operations in the Logan area in light of Milford's decision to come to the Broncs. Don't want to be wasting money on development.

Time to move in.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
Just heard on ABC Grandstand that Furner has told club officials they're ceasing all operations in the Logan area in light of Milford's decision to come to the Broncs. Don't want to be wasting money on development.

Time to move in.

**** yeah we need to be in there like yesterday

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
So let me get this straight... 1 player decides to sign with the Broncos, for family reasons I might add, and the Raiders decide to give up one of the best breeding grounds for league players in Australia...

Sounds like they have children running that club, who are throwing a tantrum that they didn't get their own way.

But it also means that they are effectively handing that area over to us on a silver platter. Especially since we are investing in the area with a youth academy.

Splinter

Splinter

NRL Player
Feb 16, 2013
More like, they are saying this but it is far more likely because there are no cap concessions for developing your own so they will save money by buying players instead. Same thing the Tigers are considering

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
So let me get this straight... 1 player decides to sign with the Broncos, for family reasons I might add, and the Raiders decide to give up one of the best breeding grounds for league players in Australia...

Sounds like they have children running that club, who are throwing a tantrum that they didn't get their own way.

But it also means that they are effectively handing that area over to us on a silver platter. Especially since we are investing in the area with a youth academy.

It's the precedent that decided this, no doubt. We may not be a glamor club anymore in the eyes of senior players but in the eyes of Brisbane juniors who grew up watching us in our heyday? Nothing has changed.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
I am hoping that eventually there will be cap concessions for developing players, especially if the quality of players coming throughbdrops significantly. And when that day does come. We will have one of the best rugby league nurseries in the country sewn up. And then Furner will seriously regret giving us free reign in the area.

Bull Shark

Bull Shark

State of Origin Rep
Jun 4, 2008
mail
mail

Kaz

Kaz

State of Origin Captain
Mar 5, 2008

It would be better for them, if they cease signing former players as their 1st grade coach.

Last edited:
Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
Between Furner & Sticky, the Raiders have one hell of a comedy duo.

Broncoman

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Oct 9, 2011
So they are just pulling out and surrendering a breeding ground that has delivered some very good players for them in recent years in protest of Milford's decision to come here on personal grounds?

Sour grapes

Art Vandelay

Art Vandelay

QCup Player
Jun 5, 2013
It would be better for them, if they cease signing former players as their 1st grade coach.
To be fair, Ricky is on track to break the Raiders' long standing curse of alternating years making and missing the finals. Even David Furner couldn't do that.

Unread

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Brocko
  • something
  • Mustafur
  • pennywisealfie
  • rnabokov
  • Sproj
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.