Raiders vs Panthers spoiler

R

renouf

QCup Player
Mar 4, 2008
Raiders 74
Panthers 12

[icon_ee

So this begs the question, how good are Brisbane? We beat them quite convincingly last weekend

I watched the game. It was crazy. Panthers suck. I spose having your halfback out injured then your replacement half getting injured during the game doesnt help. Anyways their defence was pretty bad. Gratz to Campese on 4 tries 10 goals.

So much about my opinion of the Panthers :oops: [icon_non

It seems the Raiders will give a few teams a few problems, assuming they make they 8

Yet we did them - and got done by the Warriors - go figure eusa_think

rnabokov said:

It seems the Raiders will give a few teams a few problems, assuming they make they 8

Have the Warriors beaten Canberra, or the other way even?

Penrith were never going to win today I dont think, Canberra are almost unbeatable at home. I didnt see the game today but it didnt seem like much of a game! Did Penrith even play? [icon_lol1.

Jeza23 said:
rnabokov said:

Have the Warriors beaten Canberra, or the other way even?

Penrith were never going to win today I dont think, Canberra are almost unbeatable at home. I didnt see the game today but it didnt seem like much of a game! Did Penrith even play? [icon_lol1.

+60 on the ladder - who cares?

I'd love to see the Raiders in the 8.
I think they have easy games coming up
Knights (H), Souths (A), Cowboys (A), and Dogs (H).

GO RAIDERS [icon_pray. [eusa_clap.gi

Thurling is turning into quite a good player imo, love the mongrel in him, shame he's wrapped up till 2010

I've always seen something in Thurling. I was actually looking forward to seeing him start the game, but that didn't end up happening.

Did anyone who saw the game see why campese didnt take the final kick? Was he injured or was it more that he didnt want to even Meningas record for points in a game?

He didn't even know about the record - apparently Tongue has apologised to him for not realising and telling him to take the kick. I don't think it would have been appropriate for anyone other than Meninga to hold that record, so I'm glad he didn't take the kick! Not sure if he would have equalled or beaten it, but he was also on track to take David Furner's record for most goals kicked in a game as well.

Emma is right:
http://www.leaguehq.com.au/news/lhqmatc ... 45731.html

WHEN rookie Canberra halfback Marc Herbert stepped up to take the final conversion attempt on full-time, with teammate Terry Campese needing only one more goal to equal Mal Meninga's club record for the most points in a match, commentators suggested the Raiders' five-eighth must have been injured.

Others speculated that Campese may have declined the kick out of respect for Canberra's greatest player.

Embarrassed Raiders captain Alan Tongue wished after his side's 74-12 win that one of those theories had been true.

Instead, Tongue revealed that he had instructed Herbert to take the kick because he wanted the man of the match in only his third NRL game to get on the scoreboard and thought Campese looked "buggered" after his 36-point haul that comprised four tries and 10 goals.

"I feel very, very bad about that," Tongue admitted afterwards. "I had no idea. Campo gave me the evil eye when he walked into the dressing shed. I just said to give Herby a go, his confidence is sky-high and that is obviously pretty disappointing on my behalf. But he didn't know, we weren't talking about it out there so he had no idea."

Todd who?

Thurling was their best against us.

Canberra is the perfect example of a champion team being better than a team of champions. Parramatta could take a couple of lessons from the green machine.

Although in saying that, the Eels did the Broncos a favour by beating the Roosters. Just a shame the Broncos couldn't do their side of the job by beating the Warriors. We'd be a point outside 4th if they did.

*sigh*

Isn't it good to see a team play with some width no matter where they are on the field instead of the generic pattern of gaining field position and getting to a kick.
It just proves that when teams pack the ruck there has to be gaps on the edges if you have the pills to back your skill.

Yes it should be enough to make the Cows' fans lick their lips. A coach like Henry working with Thurston and Bowen...

Because I love Mal Meninga and he was a Raiders institution, that's why!!

I wasn't being entirely serious Shaun.

Active Now

• ivanhungryjak
  • arieals
  • Wolfie
  • Dash
  • Manlyman
  • Mister Wright
  • Rowdy124
  • BroncosAlways
  • mystico
  • broncos4life
  • lynx000
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.