Reasons for the exodus

T

The Goss Boss

May 28, 2008
Hi sweeties,

Just got off the blower with a friend of a friend who plays for the Broncos...so feel free to take this with a bit of a grain of salt, chinese whispers and all that.

The player in question opened up in a big way. The players who are leaving are extremely hurt. It is almost entirely due to salary cap pressure that they are leaving. And they are dirty that Israel Folau is effectively forcing them to leave.

This player in question was offered a contract by the Broncos, but it was negligibly larger than their current deal which they got while playing reserve grade, and have since established themselves in the top grade. They are going to a new club who offered significantly more.

They also confirmed that they know of 9 players leaving, including themselves, Michael Ennis, Ben Hannant and Tonie Carroll. Yes, their name has been mentioned here already, so it's not a new one.

Nothing was said about Bennett leaving or anything about the front office so perhaps Bennett's influence isn't as big as some are making out.

Seems purely like poor business.

Other tidbit dropped. Lockyer is definitely playing tomorrow.

Love you all.
*smooches*

Ah, hasn't Tunza announced his retirement? Not much of a scoop on that one.

Emma said:

That wasn't intended to be a scoop. Simply re-stating the obvious ones leaving who are common knowledge.

Spoonbled: no comment.

Oh, and the flu that's been reported in the papers today. More like a gastro thing. It's been affecting players since Sunday. A bit of a concern how some players will last tomorrow night, so let's hope the Broncos put the Eels away early.

I'm leaning towards Kemp because pretty sure Boyd came into NRL straight out of school.

The Goss Boss said:
Emma said:

That wasn't intended to be a scoop. Simply re-stating the obvious ones leaving who are common knowledge.
Well perhaps you should have left that bit out considering you were talking about an inside source confirming who was leaving when that one's already been confirmed for some time now. icon_thumbs_u

I agree Stu (three words I never thought I'd see together).

However, perception is an extremely powerful thing. If players are being told there's no money, and Israel Folau has been signed and reportedly for $350K+, then it's understandable that to them 2+2=5.

Time for some leadership from Broncos management I reckon. Ha.

Well we know who 7 of the alleged 9 are, so provide some hints as to the 2 unknowns Goss if you can. If you are proven correct i'll never question your cred and will send you a dozen Eagle Boys coupons, express post.

I can't see how it can be salary cap pressure, we lost 5 of our biggest earners last year. Hodgo and K must have got one hell of an upgrade!!

Also I wonder if there is going to be some unsettling hostility towards Folau next season.

i still think we will have a good team next year. Our backs will be the best in the league, and i can see a few guys from under 20's stepping up big time next year. This time next year we wont miss Ennis or Stagg etc etc.

My mail is the 9 are:

Hannant
Ennis
Carroll
Boyd
Kemp
Stagg
Moon
Hewitt
Perry

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO NOT SHANE PERRY!!!! [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1.

Out of all of the above, the two I don't want to see go are Moon and Hannant.

Apart from Ennis and Hannant, if I had to pick 7 broncos to cut from the team.. it would probably be pretty close to those 7.

I don't know why but I see MASSIVE potential in Moon- the way he constructs himself with the ball in hand, the way he hits the line.. he has that spark- he just doesn't know how to use it yet. And alot of people can't see it for some reason.

If Moon leaves, I can see us kicking ourselves in a few years for ever letting him go. Late bloomer IMO

what i expected. i think the broncs have been waiting long enough for Moon to come good. i know they havent given him much of a chance but he hasnt taken those chances by the you know what.

spoonbled said:
what i expected. i think the broncs have been waiting long enough for Moon to come good. i know they havent given him much of a chance but he hasnt taken those chances by the you know what.

And Boyd did? Playing favourites tsk tsk

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • The True King
  • GCBRONCO
  • Culhwch
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Bucking Beads
  • Bish
  • Aldo
  • winslow_wong
  • leon.bott
  • FACTHUNT
  • Strop
  • Manlyman
  • mrslong
  • I bleed Maroon
  • davidp
  • Jazza
  • TimWhatley
  • broncsgoat
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.