The Dolphins discussion

All these years we’ve been wanting the NRL to actually crack down on the Storm and in one ill-thought out decision, they managed to do it at the ground level. Thank goodness Vlandys is useless and didn’t actually think this all through.

Very happy it’s the Dolphins, it had to be them and it is. Now bring on Perth!

Redcliffe was commonly called Inala by the sea, I have grave doubts about Hornibrooks doing a bingo run through D Bay. Are you sure?
Grave doubts? You either believe me or you don't.

Of course I'm fucking sure. I drove the bus, I was therefore in charge of where it went. D Bay was just part of it, it went right up to some caravan park on the western side of the highway headed north.
A regular Friday night bingo run that I'd do 2 out of every 4 Friday nights. It was convenient as I lived up the road at Scarborough, not far from the school, De La Salle where the bingo was played.

Grave doubts? You either believe me or you don't.

Of course I'm fucking sure. I drove the bus, I was therefore in charge of where it went. D Bay was just part of it, it went right up to some caravan park on the western side of the highway headed north.
A regular Friday night bingo run that I'd do 2 out of every 4 Friday nights. It was convenient as I lived up the road at Scarborough, not far from the school, De La Salle where the bingo was played.
Bingo! - thought you’d bite - cheers.

I haven't been following the full new team thing, was there a bid from Logan?

I have enjoyed watching the roar play their games at Dolphin stadium, the atmosphere is much better compared with Suncorp for their crowds, a little tough for pedestrian access but otherwise flows well for a full stadium.

I'm more of a league fan than Bronco's tragic, generally I like all the QLD teams, so will definitely attend a game or two to check it out.

My kid is excited at the prospect of the Dolphins entering the comp, as we are Moreton Bay shire and they're just down the road from us. I asked them if they'd change over to supporting them instead of the Broncos, that they were allowed to if they wanted. My daughter said "no way, I'm a life long Broncos fan" and my son said "hmm, nah, I don't think I can leave the Broncos"

They're gluttons for punishment, as they have seen the Broncos do nothing but lose. That said, I fear if the Phins somehow got Ponga on board my son might waver.

My kid is excited at the prospect of the Dolphins entering the comp, as we are Moreton Bay shire and they're just down the road from us. I asked them if they'd change over to supporting them instead of the Broncos, that they were allowed to if they wanted. My daughter said "no way, I'm a life long Broncos fan" and my son said "hmm, nah, I don't think I can leave the Broncos"

They're gluttons for punishment, as they have seen the Broncos do nothing but lose. That said, I fear if the Phins somehow got Ponga on board my son might waver.
I can recommend excellent adoption services if that occurs (it is a joke).

Jumped on the Dolphins' website thinking the news would be all over it. Not so much, but I did get a junior Dolphins update from August, so that's not nothing!

Might be a good place to start spending some of those millions...

Jumped on the Dolphins' website thinking the news would be all over it. Not so much, but I did get a junior Dolphins update from August, so that's not nothing!

Might be a good place to start spending some of those millions...
Their website is terrible

I'm not against the Dolphins, they're a well run outfit, and have produced some of the greatest talent this game as ever seen.

I don't agree with another team in Brisbane, just like I don't agree with the amount of teams in Sydney. I don't think it's anything other than a NSWRL **** the Broncos situation, and I think anyone who believes otherwise is a bit naive.

The thing I'm looking forward to the most, is that club being a better club than the Titans within about 2 years of being in the competition.

I feel for the players and fans in Perth. I think the NRL is fucking that city just to spite the Broncos.

I'm not against the Dolphins, they're a well run outfit, and have produced some of the greatest talent this game as ever seen.

I don't agree with another team in Brisbane, just like I don't agree with the amount of teams in Sydney. I don't think it's anything other than a NSWRL **** the Broncos situation, and I think anyone who believes otherwise is a bit naive.

The thing I'm looking forward to the most, is that club being a better club than the Titans within about 2 years of being in the competition.

I feel for the players and fans in Perth. I think the NRL is fucking that city just to spite the Broncos.

I think the Covid situation has really hurt their chances during this time. But I hope they can put together an irresistible bid next time, because they definitely should have a team

If you think there should only be one Brisbane team and less Sydney teams, what would your ideal number of teams be and where would they be? Genuinely curious.

I don't like the idea of calling the Dolphins a 'Brisbane' team, but I don't mind the idea of having another team in the region. I think if handled well there's definitely that room for growth. The next franchise should definitely be from outside NSW/Queensland, though.

If you think there should only be one Brisbane team and less Sydney teams, what would your ideal number of teams be and where would they be? Genuinely curious.

I don't like the idea of calling the Dolphins a 'Brisbane' team, but I don't mind the idea of having another team in the region. I think if handled well there's definitely that room for growth. The next franchise should definitely be from outside NSW/Queensland, though.

I'd have a few strong clubs in Sydney, **** the rest off. I'd model US sport, and put teams in Cities without a current team. Because it makes more sense than fucking your own market constantly.

I don't understand people, especially those who actually live on Brisbane's Northside, saying Redcliffe isn't part of Brisbane.

I get it, the people who live there have done a great job of making out like it's not part of Brisbane. Why all of a sudden are we looking at it like council areas. Redcliffe is part of greater Brisbane in a geological sense. It's about 35 minutes from the CBD, or approximately 10 minutes from the border of BCC.

We have two Brisbane teams now.

I'd have a few strong clubs in Sydney, **** the rest off. I'd model US sport, and put teams in Cities without a current team. Because it makes more sense than fucking your own market constantly.

I don't understand people, especially those who actually live on Brisbane's Northside, saying Redcliffe isn't part of Brisbane.

I get it, the people who live there have done a great job of making out like it's not part of Brisbane. Why all of a sudden are we looking at it like council areas. Redcliffe is part of greater Brisbane in a geological sense. It's about 35 minutes from the CBD, or approximately 10 minutes from the border of BCC.

We have two Brisbane teams now.
Be nice if the NATIONAL rugby league was atcually national hey :)

Active Now

• Midean
  • Justwin
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Wolfie
  • Fatboy
  • Old Mate
  • rj9
  • Bish
  • Morkel
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.