NEWS Reece Walsh sells his soul to Warriors. No big deal.

This is a fucking travesty, we will never get out of this hole with these people running the club.

his first Qcup game and he does that! Fun fun funnnnnnn

Yeah but when he plays against grown men....... Clubs run by dumb *****.

Frei is an excellent forward(SR) probably should have an NRL contract. He trained with the team in the pre-season.

Brendan frei got a double as well... give him a million $$$s boys!
And hooker Josh Chudleigh scored a triple for the Blackhawks over the Jets.

Jesse Arthars scored in his comeback from injury too. Played full 80 minutes at fullback.

Dale Copley, also back from a throat injury played 52 minutes at centre for the Devils.

Last edited:
Frei is an excellent forward(SR) probably should have an NRL contract. He trained with the team in the pre-season.
No one that is saying the Broncos did the right thing is saying or implying that Walsh won't become a great player , he probably will, but ffs the players have to start earning their pay packets.

The irony is that we are so desperate with these players BECAUSE we gave paydays to others before they earned it and it turns out it isnt a recepie for success and people want us to do it again?! Hahaha wtf....

And hooker Josh Chudleigh scored a triple for the Blackhawks over the Jets.

Jesse Arthars scored in his comeback from injury too. Played full 80 minutes at fullback.

Dale Copley, also back from a throat injury played 52 minutes at centre for the Devils.
I just did some reading on arthars, turns out he was a fb growing up. I’m intrigued

No one that is saying the Broncos did the right thing is saying or implying that Walsh won't become a great player , he probably will, but ffs the players have to start earning their pay packets.

The irony is that we are so desperate with these players BECAUSE we gave paydays to others before they earned it and it turns out it isnt a recepie for success and people want us to do it again?! Hahaha wtf....
Hasn't had the chance to earn it yet , bet you would change your tune if he continues on fast trajectory. Even if he doesn't earn it in his first year he may be worth double by his third , and then you're saving money.
I mean **** we've been over paying Milford by $600k easy, and reece is a way more complete player at the same age.

Hasn't had the chance to earn it yet , bet you would change your tune if he continues on fast trajectory. Even if he doesn't earn it in his first year he may be worth double by his third , and then you're saving money.
I mean **** we've been over paying Milford by $600k easy, and reece is a way more complete player at the same age.
I'm predicting that by the end of this year he'll already be better than Isaako (not really that hard) and by the end of next year he'll be well and truly playing above the $500k that warriors are supposedly paying him

Last edited:
Haha memory does funny things too people...

The year milford was Reece Walsh's age he was raiders rookie of the year and close to their player of the year, he was nearly NRL rookie of the year too. He scored a couple of doubles in the NRL I believe as well. He played for Samoa too, as well as captaining the QLD under 20s despite being 2 years younger then most of his team mates. He was talked about as the best talent of a GENERATION by many experts. His reward? He scored a contract from the Broncos that was, from all reports $50,000 Less then Walsh's per year and 1 year less in length despite being miiilles in front of where Walsh is now.
Hindsight makes everyone an expert, but don't just make stuff up to back up your story. Milford was one hell of a player when he started. His trajectory should be a warning why not to match the warriors offer, not one you use to back up your position.

And your statement "he hasn't had the chance to earn it yet"... EXACTLY!!!! His manager should be sacked, that's not the Broncos fault. We have to put a line in the sand, for every 1 that turns into a superstar there a 3 that are dissapointing with these juniors. Meanwhile, our salary cap and squad are shithouse bcos the gambles we take on them.

Last edited:

The year milford was Reece Walsh's age he was raiders rookie of the year and close to their player of the year, he was nearly NRL rookie of the year too. He scored a couple of doubles in the NRL I believe as well. He played for Samoa too, as well as captaining the QLD under 20s despite being 2 years younger then most of his team mates. He was talked about as the best talent of a GENERATION by many experts. His reward? He scored a contract from the Broncos that was, from all reports $50,000 Less then Walsh's per year and 1 year less in length despite being miiilles in front of where Walsh is now.
Hindsight makes everyone an expert, but don't just make stuff up to back up your story. Milford was one hell of a player when he started. His trajectory should be a warning why not to match the warriors offer, not one you use to back up your position.

And your statement "he hasn't had the chance to earn it yet"... EXACTLY!!!! His manager should be sacked, that's not the Broncos fault. We have to put a line in the sand, for every 1 that turns into a superstar there a 3 that are dissapointing with these juniors. Meanwhile, our salary cap and squad are shithouse bcos the gambles we take on them.
Absolutely nailed it

Ok I’ll shut up now, nice post. Really put things into perspective.

Where did I say he was better than milf ? My words was a more complete player! Milford only got his chance half way through the season and after he impressed Ricky tried to throw a million at him to stay , he only took less to come home . Samoa , yeah really hard team to crack back then hey .
If you think above $250 k is a gamble for a guy who was going to get the 1 next year you got fucking rocks in your head , $500k might be overs atm but that's how it is these days. If kevie thinks he can low ball all the highly touted juniors then he'll be in for a shock , times have changed.

Where did I say he was better than milf ? My words was a more complete player! Milford only got his chance half way through the season and after he impressed Ricky tried to throw a million at him to stay , he only took less to come home . Samoa , yeah really hard team to crack back then hey .
If you think above $250 k is a gamble for a guy who was going to get the 1 next year you got fucking rocks in your head , $500k might be overs atm but that's how it is these days. If kevie thinks he can low ball all the highly touted juniors then he'll be in for a shock , times have changed.

Particularly because we have lost all our pulling power. In the past we had a coach with pull, a brand with pull, results with pull, a reputation with pull and facilities with pull.

We still have the facilities but are soon to be overtaken by the Tigers I believe, another team that has always struggled to pull in players.

We may still have some attraction to some old school players but they are few and far between now. Our last premiership was 15 years ago. Then 6 years ago, on that fateful night, the club broke and too many people have been coasting by since. I also suspect that since the previous coach who was on such a ridiculous contract with no performance clause embedded, likely all roles at the club are the same which leads to no accountability and power struggles. Add greedy managers and salary cap mismanagement into all that and we are in a shambles off the field.

I got side tracked but the point is, all these things mean the club is not what it once was, the glory years are long gone and we are (in other players' eyes) most likely seen as a basket case and so anyone who is worth a pinch of salt either wants more to stay or more to come.

The other problem is, you look at clubs like the Roosters and the Storm, they do what we used to do, they show care in players they want to attain and attract. They have systems that work like clock work and because they have a recruitment and retention plan, they are not trying to tie up 10 kids at the same time as other clubs can talk to them also while trying to desperately to recruit others players to come at the same time. Even a good retention and recruitment team would struggle with trying to sort out 15-20 contracts at the same time even without huge contracts coming in from other teams.

As @Smokin' Joe says, you can see why it will get worse before it gets better.

Last edited:

Active Now

• Morkel
  • GCBRONCO
  • Old Mate
  • Johnny92
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Broncosarethebest
  • simplythebest
  • Fitzy
  • The Don
  • FACTHUNT
  • Broncorob
  • Foordy
  • Big Del
  • Waynesaurus
  • broncos4life
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Skathen
  • Justwin
  • Strop
  • BroncosAlways
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.