NEWS Reece Walsh to save QLD

I expected this to take longer but he’s being linked to the Warriors

This would be a case of whoever saying it is going, hmmm Warriors need a fullback, Walsh is the only kid I know of and plays for the Broncos which will get clicks, so I am going to post it and sound like I'm in the know.

This would be a case of whoever saying it is going, hmmm Warriors need a fullback, Walsh is the only kid I know of and plays for the Broncos which will get clicks, so I am going to post it and sound like I'm in the know.
Oh and you know the line "Warriors now have a war chest to play with after Roger's sudden departure to the all blacks" will be in there somewhere.

Also they'll have to mention "Warriors are one of the favourites to sign Jahrome Hughes from the storm on a bumper $2.5M deal, who can play halfback or fullback, but the Warriors are said to be interested in the talented youngster some describe as a future Billy Slater"

They may also slip in Kodi being off contract at the end of this year... and some BS claim that Chanel is flagged as being the future 6 / 7.... but I don't think they will touch on all the other young guys vying for the 6 and 1 jersey over there.

They may also mention that "it is understood as many as 10 other clubs are interested in Walsh who shot onto the scene in a 40min blitz during the Broncos first trial against an ISC team".... but they'll keep those 10 clubs a secret for 10 more articles through the year 👍👍

In this particular case the media are right- not sure who said it, the offer from New Zealand is massive.

Last edited:
In this particular case the media are right- not sure who said it, the offer from New Zealand is massive.

What I want to know is why is this kid targeted? Why is he worth a massive offer over someone like Hammer or Hoy? Why is it our kids that get massive offers always and not other clubs?

Isn’t he contracted until the end of 22? How is he even being offered a contract?
Oh you haven't heard? Our players are fine to come and go as they please, with or without a contract. They only have to sit on our books exclusively if they're injured or out of form. If they're fit and/or in form they get to play elsewhere for as long as that club wants them and not a moment longer, and we often help pay some of the wages too. Thanks Paul White, such a shrewd businessman.

Last edited:
What I want to know is why is this kid targeted? Why is he worth a massive offer over someone like Hammer or Hoy? Why is it our kids that get massive offers always and not other clubs?

Tabuai-Fidow has next year to go I imagine in 12 months the conversation will be about him.

They've made a more than fair offer to a 18 year old that has never played ISC. Warriors are losing their mind.
How long have you known Walsh has a pretty good chance of being an NRL player? Why do we continually let these guys go to open market instead of extending them? The amount of young talent we have off contract at the end of this year is disgusting. Fair enough you can’t keep them all but at least extend the ones you commit too. Haas is the only one we’ve done it with and Flegler (for no reason).

How long have you known Walsh has a pretty good chance of being an NRL player? Why do we continually let these guys go to open market instead of extending them? The amount of young talent we have off contract at the end of this year is disgusting. Fair enough you can’t keep them all but at least extend the ones you commit too. Haas is the only one we’ve done it with and Flegler (for no reason).
He literally just said we've made a more than fair offer. How is that not trying to lock him down?

Haas is a rare example of it going right because he's such an incredible talent that defies all conventional Rugby League wisdom about Middle Forwards, but that is such a high risk strategy and if you did seriously pursue it on a larger scale you'd have to accept a great deal more salary cap crippling failures than you would successes hoping to get it right with once in a generation players.

Last edited:
He literally just said we've made a more than fair offer. How is that not trying to lock him down?

Haas is a rare example of it going right because he's such an incredible talent that defies all conventional Rugby League wisdom about Middle Forwards, but that is such a high risk strategy and if you did seriously pursue it on a larger scale you'd have to accept a great deal more salary cap crippling failures than you would successes hoping to get it right with once in a generation players.

Im asking why we made the offer once he was able to have competing offers?

If we tried to extend him with a fair offer before November last year then I retract my comment. But waiting until the final year of a contract only opens the club up to players testing their value which puts you in the position of having to compete with that value.

If we offered him a fair contract before November he could have re-signed with no other interest. Now whatever we offer him will be compared to the warriors monster offer, or Dearden and Cowboys offer, or Staggs and eels/bulldogs offer, or Coates and whichever offers he is getting, or like what just happened with Fifita.

What is the plan then? To keep losing juniors until the reckless clubs finally run out of money and can no longer offer our young players dumb money?

Well, if we lose Reece there's always Selywn Cobbo. He's nowhere near Walsh's class yet, but he did trial for both Wynnum and the Broncos in the same game. In case you're not on the Cobbo stagecoach yet:

Last edited:

Active Now

• Allo
  • something
  • FACTHUNT
  • Old Mate
  • broncos4life
  • Waynesaurus
  • Morkel
  • Manofoneway
  • eggstar10
  • teampjta
  • Financeguy
  • Behold
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • IceWorks
  • broncsgoat
  • kiwibronco
  • LGH
  • phoenix
  • Dash
... and 38 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.