NEWS Reece Walsh to save QLD

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
In the wake of last night's trial against Wynnum Manly, a phoenix has risen from the ashes left behind by the pie gobbling former coach. He's being called the new improved Billy Slater, the new improved Karmichael Hunt, and a host of other comparative monikers that will all in time will fade to dust. Because he will simply be called Reece Walsh. And he will be the Broncos fullback for many, many years.

Hwalshyy07   BznMxJRptTu BznMxG3JKdt

Get ready for this

Kevin Walters is only just catching on:

“There is something special about him. Reece has good footwork and loves playing the game. Some of the things he did was backyard footy stuff. I’ve only seen him play once, so he has a long way to go, but what he is doing at training is very impressive. He is on a pathway to the NRL but we need to help him learn his game. I can’t wait to see a full season from him.”

Hwalshyy07   CEjTM1TJXcA

On the pathway

Mal Meninga emerged from behind a nearby toilet block to say:

“Reece is a special kid. To be honest, I was a bit dirty we lost him to the Broncos because he is a Gold Coast kid and he should be in our system. He was with Keebra Park and the Broncos managed to get him on a development contract. If Reece is off-contract, we’d be interested in getting him back. I’m mindful we have AJ Brimson on our books already, but Reece can really play the game.”

Hf1b9ba84c17cc18057bb590d240509670746da5e

Watch out, Mal's about.

QLD legend Scott Sattler has watched him bloom in the ISC:

“Reece Walsh is going to be an NRL sensation. He is the closest thing I have seen to Billy Slater. He has amazing speed and blinding acceleration and a similar running style to Billy. I first saw Reece playing for Keebra Park when he was 15. He just had this beautiful deception and awareness for the game. He didn’t mind contact and he covers a lot of territory at the back. Returning the ball, he would pick up top speed in three or four metres. Reece is the feelgood story the Broncos need. He has been in their junior ranks for a couple of years. Karmichael Hunt made his debut at 17 for the Broncos and he had some amazing attributes, but I reckon Reece has more at the same age. He is a fully-fledged fullback and I believe he is good enough to be playing NRL this year.”

Walshyy07   B3Bn0V0Jkmc B3Bn0TXppdw

2 points right there. Every time.

Tevita Pangai Jnr who had a relatively quiet evening in the trial, had said:

“Reece has had a crazy off-season and he will be one to watch this year. Once he gets the balance of his game right, he is going to be special. He likes to attack on every play but when he gets that balance right, he will be brilliant. He is bloody tough, he stops a lot of tries at training so he‘s not afraid to put his body on the line. He has a huge future in the game.”

McHunt

Last edited:
To be honest, I was a bit dirty we lost him to the Broncos because he is a Gold Coast kid and he should be in our system.
Didn't realise the Gold Coast extended up to Emerald

He looked good, though a bit on the small side I thought. Got some growing to do being only 17.

Sick and tired of the media linking every player to a former great.
Let them pave their own way, and stop putting so much expectation on these young fellas.
He looked good last night, there is no doubting that. It was good to see how involved he got, and wasn’t afraid to back himself. We may have just found our long term FB, but no doubt someone, probably the Titans, will offer him 600k once they see his YouTube videos.
I would be ok to let Niu go at the end of the year if it meant we could lock down Walsh long term. I think Tesi might be excess to our needs if Staggs does re-sign.
It’s healthy to have good competitive in a side that shouldn’t have many positions locked down for rd1.
Over to you now, Issaako.

It was one of the most impressive first halves I’ve seen from a kid who was playing his first game in the spotlight.

Is he like Slater, Thurston, Smith ? They were all too small too apparently.
He looked smaller to me. I only watched about 5 minutes of the trial but he is tiny.

right...so we have the next Slater AND Lockyer...ugh..

Just let the kids play FFS...

Everyone at the club this year has to earn the right to wear a jersey numbered between 1-17....

We have a reserve grade this year right..?....the sooner guys like Walsh are playing there and out of the spotlight the better of we will all be...

A couple of Walsh moments you should check out on the Livestream, which you'll find archived here:

Note the times on the screengrab.

(if link not working, go here: https://www.facebook.com/WynnumSeagulls/ )

HScreenshot 2021 02 20 100941

HScreenshot 2021 02 20 101248

Last edited:
right...so we have the next Slater AND Lockyer...ugh..

Just let the kids play FFS...

Everyone at the club this year has to earn the right to wear a jersey numbered between 1-17....

We have a reserve grade this year right..?....the sooner guys like Walsh are playing there and out of the spotlight the better of we will all be...

I’m sure other clubs will be circling with a lot of cash now.

I’m sure other clubs will be circling with a lot of cash now.
I don’t reckon he’ll want to leave and to be perfectly honest we are like the only team without a good enough fullback and the other teams that don’t either aren’t very threatening

Active Now

• Ozired
  • Xzei
  • Footy Fanatic
  • teampjta
  • bb_gun
  • Dash
  • Brocko
  • bazza
  • Fozz
  • Mustafur
  • broncos4life
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Broncosgirl
  • Sproj
  • Browny
  • cento
  • Morkel
  • Nerd
  • BroncosAlways
... and 25 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.