PLAYER Reece Walsh

Cant hate the warriors. The Broncos and Warriors have been good to one another for a few years now. the Jesse Arthars loan, the Walsh early release all contributed to the Warriors allowing the Prince of Suncorps early return to Brisbane.

Absolutely. Except this weekend.

I think they're good men. I like them. I got nothing against them, but we're definitely gonna make orphans of their children.

Peter O’Sullivan:

“We were definitely keen to get him to the Dolphins. If Reece came to us, he would have earned double what he went to the Broncos for. We did make an offer - I would have walked over broken glass to get him. He is a great player, but the Warriors did a transfer deal by swapping Reece Walsh and Te Maire Martin. I can’t bag either club for that, it’s business in the NRL and it’s worked out well for the Broncos and the Warriors. If Reece’s manager wanted to look at other clubs, he certainly would have earned more with us. But I understood why he wanted go back to the Broncos and it’s great to see Reece doing well there.”​

Walsh:

“I don’t regret it but it was hard to leave. They gave me an opportunity in the NRL and as a kid all I wanted to do was play NRL. The Warriors gave that to me and they will always hold a soft spot in my heart. It would be awesome to win this year’s premiership. In 2015 I still remember where I was watching the grand final and seeing the Broncs run out."​
“This is exciting for the club. It has been a long time since we’ve had a prelim at Suncorp and I am going up against my old club as well. It we do get through to the grand final it will be something special ... I am excited for the challenge.”​

Warriors chief executive Cameron George:

“There is no way, shape or form this club put a stipulation about Reece going to the Broncos only. When he wanted a release, I said, ‘You aren’t going to Sydney or Melbourne’. I expected Reece to choose the Dolphins to be honest, but he said, ‘I want to go back to the Broncos’. If anything, we should have helped the Dolphins because we stayed at their facility during Covid. We didn’t have an issue with Peter O’Sullivan or the Dolphins, that’s not true. The kid simply loved the Broncos and wanted to go back there.”​

Pat Carrigan:

“When we lived together, I always knew this place was in his heart. We’re pretty similar. I see a lot of myself in him. We always wanted to represent the Broncos. I’m not surprised he’s back, but I know the Warriors hold a special place in his heart, too. The time and effort they put into him to develop him as not only a footy player, but also taking on him and his family when he had a young daughter was special, too. What the Warriors did for him will mean they hold a special place in his heart ... but he belongs here.”​

“There is no way, shape or form this club put a stipulation about Reece going to the Broncos only. When he wanted a release, I said, ‘You aren’t going to Sydney or Melbourne’. I expected Reece to choose the Dolphins to be honest, but he said, ‘I want to go back to the Broncos’. If anything, we should have helped the Dolphins because we stayed at their facility during Covid. We didn’t have an issue with Peter O’Sullivan or the Dolphins, that’s not true. The kid simply loved the Broncos and wanted to go back there.”
😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍

The one thing the NSWRL hates even more than QLD winning Origin, is the Broncos being successful. They still see us as the ring-in, I'm sure, unworthy of winning 'their' comp.

**** them all, it's glorious.

Melbourne dominating surely would be worse. Melbourne is the Rugby League capital of the last decade.

If you haven’t watched this. You should. Walsh’s jersey presentation from the start of the season. Amazing to look back on and see how far he has come.

Ready for the Twilight Zone?
Panthers fans actually heaping praise on Walshy.

If you haven’t watched this. You should. Walsh’s jersey presentation from the start of the season. Amazing to look back on and see how far he has come.

Too early in the week for me to be crying

Is it too early to say that Walsh is the best player in the game atm?

Is it too early to say that Walsh is the best player in the game atm?
Yeah. Realistically he's only shown 1 season of top form. Munster, Cleary etc are all still ahead of him. Maybe not for long though if he keeps it up into the next few seasons.

Yeah. Realistically he's only shown 1 season of top form. Munster, Cleary etc are all still ahead of him. Maybe not for long though if he keeps it up into the next few seasons.
I think Munster is behind but Cleary fair enough, this has been Munsters worst season in a long while.

Active Now

• bert_lifts
  • Fitzy
  • Lostboy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.