PLAYER Reece Walsh

J

Johnny92

NRL Player
Jul 3, 2021
Is Walsh a better goal kicker than Reyno?

Since he is been out and taken the role I think he is tbh, especially since we score alot of wide trys and Walsh seems to get them alot more Reyno struggles lately on those.
This season I think Reynolds was carrying some sort of leg injury every game.
Walshys pretty good but if there's a kick from the sideline to win the game I'd be taking a fully fit Reynolds over Walsh at this stage.
Only a matter of time before Reece takes the duties though and smashes Parker's point scoring record.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
So Billy Slater was asked about Kevvies comments a couple of weeks ago, regarding Walsh needing to take a "chill pill" Here was his response.

Billy Slater said:

“No, I want Reece Walsh, he will be him,” Slater said.

“He will be good.

“He is a wonderful player and we just want the best Reece Walsh that he can be.

“There’s no pills in our camp.”

Slater also said:

“It’s about the things you can outlay to your footy team and Reece brings a whole heap,” Slater said.

“I have really enjoyed working with Reece the last few years to be honest.

“I remember when he got his opportunity and he got injured in 2021, I came into camp and spent a day with him back then when Paul Green was the coach.

“It’s been a long journey and I have loved seeing the rise, not just the brilliant stuff he brings, but he has elevated his game and has good foundation to his footy now.

“I look forward to seeing him when he comes into camp and like everyone else getting to work.”

Swordfish

Swordfish

QCup Player
Aug 24, 2022
CM reporting the below

So, is it official?

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
He wants to be a Broncos for life? What is a Broncos?

Xzei

Xzei

State of Origin Rep
Mar 13, 2017
wouldnt be surprised while ever carrigan is at the broncs walsh will be too giving the article a quick read

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
It's the kiss of death. You declare you want to be a bronco for life, tears included, then sign with another club a week later. Urban legend...

Oh so it’s a synonym for wanting to be a Coates.

So this article could also say he wants to be a Coates for life.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Didn't Coates say the same thing.

Next minute, Coates announces he signed with the Storm.

What we need to look for next is Walsh saying that being coached by Bellamy has appeal.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
One of the questions asked to Walsh was seriously "is it because you have unfinished business, I know you said there are special things you want to do at Brisbane, but why would you want to stay here"

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
Locking in Walsh, Mam, Haas, Patty - people want to come play with that. Securing a generational talent like Walsh will be immense for us keeping players on unders and luring talent. Please be true.
Cobbo is next hopefully

M

mstreet

QCup Player
Sep 3, 2020
Oh so it’s a synonym for wanting to be a Coates.

So this article could also say he wants to be a Coates for life.
Wouldn't know. More having a giggle at the number of players that declare bronco for life, then sign very soon for another club. Xavier Coates stands out. There's been a couple other kids do the same in recent history.

Walsh will do what's in his best interests. If that happens to be in the Broncos best interests, so be it. But don't think for a second that Walsh or any other player the NRL will put a club first.

It's not a slight on any player, it's just the reality of 2024. Loyalty died decades ago. If the Broncos have the best situation for Walsh, he resigns. If the Rooster's have the best situation, he's a Rooster. Life's life.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Right so then I guess we can write Badel’s next gossip column for him:

Walsh to the Roosters from 2026 on 2.7 million a year off the books, 300k on the books.

Unread

Active Now

• davidp
  • bb_gun
  • Manofoneway
  • BroncosAlways
  • BruiserMk1
  • Harry Sack
  • GCBRONCO
  • Swordfish
  • Wendall Taylor
  • Bucking Beads
  • The Boss
  • Broncs1459
  • Midean
  • Ondi
  • broncsgoat
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.