Refereeing State of Origin

I think it's about time players are told they are not to speak to the ref. There should be a person in the team staff who speaks to them on behalf of the coach at half time and full-time.

If players continue to bitch and moan on the field, it should be automatic fines or suspensions. All they do is hold up play with these fucking video ref interjections.

March them 10m? One warning, if they keep at it, march them. The problem is so deeply rooted because the game allowed refs to be badgered and treated like shit for so long. The only way they'll stamp it out and reclaim some degree of authority/seniority is to hurt teams on the field that don't abide by the rules.

ex:

Smith approaches the referee for a headhigh
ref: go away cameron you know the rules
smith: but ref
ref: last warning
smith: but

*whistle goes, team is marched 10m*

see how many times that happens on a uniform basis before players stop doing it.

March them 10m? One warning, if they keep at it, march them. The problem is so deeply rooted because the game allowed refs to be badgered and treated like shit for so long. The only way they'll stamp it out and reclaim some degree of authority/seniority is to hurt teams on the field that don't abide by the rules.

ex:

Smith approaches the referee for a headhigh
ref: go away cameron you know the rules
smith: but ref
ref: last warning
smith: but

*whistle goes, team is marched 10m*

see how many times that happens on a uniform basis before players stop doing it.

Said the exact same thing to my son during the last game

"March them 10, that'll stop em"

Welp, the refs outdid themselves again tonight.

Well played, NSW.

NRL...you're losing me.

What can you expect when the boss tells em to enforce the 10 metres. Don't think there were many penalties for much else.

I can't blamde it on the refs. I'll blame it on the shitty performance from our forward, our right hand side was fucking useless. Hodges and Chambers were a train wreck.

Enforce the 10 metres... at strategic times.

Which was good. There were plenty of sets there where QLD should have been busted for being well in the 10.

I think I heard right when NSW got done, the ref said "Three times in a row". I don't like that, it means the refs knowingly allowed the play to continue on two tackles where they were offside.

I see Hodges has been pinged for his high tackle. Have Merrin or Klemmer been cited for punching or Aussie Jim for his attempts to eye-gouge Slater?

It's a shame Hodges won't miss Origin III. I mean, I'd love him to be there given it's his last, but he's too far gone IMO to keep his spot.

It's a shame Hodges won't miss Origin III. I mean, I'd love him to be there given it's his last, but he's too far gone IMO to keep his spot.

Bullshit. Nobody else is better than him and he shouldn't have to defend that much. DCE needs to go, not Hodges.

Considering the alternative is Chambers/Gagai, I would much prefer to keep Hodges there.

I see Hodges has been pinged for his high tackle. Have Merrin or Klemmer been cited for punching or Aussie Jim for his attempts to eye-gouge Slater?

It looks like the only player charged from that game was Hodges.

It's bullshit.

That's pretty harsh. I mean it's fair enough for Hodges to be charged, Parker was all over Klemmer's face, and I guess good luck to Merrin for throwing a sneaky punch that the refs didn't pick up, but a prop trying to gouge a fullbacks eyes, twice, is a bit much.

Come on, Hodges was close to the best on the field in game 1, and now because he had to cope with DCE next to him, he should miss the final Origin game of his career?

If anything, after yesterday's game, he will want to go out all guns blazing.

I know it may not be feasible. but maybe they should consider getting officials from either the UK or NZ for these matches every year. and I don't just mean in the middle, but also the touchies and video refs as well. Officals that really don't care who wins the games or series.

The problem as i see it, and it may have changed now, is that for a referee to be considered for NRL duty, they have to live in Sydney. and many of the QLD based referees wouldn't re-located. so they were left to referee the QLD Cup, when some off them were superior refs to what the NRL had. (I heard this info from an NRL ref when i was in year 11 or 12 and he came to my school, so it certainly could have changed since then.)

If that hasn't changed then it means the NRL's thinking are way behind every other top sport in this country ... I know, big surprise hey!

It's an absolute farce that it doesn't happen already. It has to be one of the only sports left where such a massive game in the sport is officiated by people from the same states playing.

Kiwis and English should ALWAYS do it.

I know it may not be feasible. but maybe they should consider getting officials from either the UK or NZ for these matches every year. and I don't just mean in the middle, but also the touchies and video refs as well. Officals that really don't care who wins the games or series.

The problem as i see it, and it may have changed now, is that for a referee to be considered for NRL duty, they have to live in Sydney. and many of the QLD based referees wouldn't re-located. so they were left to referee the QLD Cup, when some off them were superior refs to what the NRL had. (I heard this info from an NRL ref when i was in year 11 or 12 and he came to my school, so it certainly could have changed since then.)

If that hasn't changed then it means the NRL's thinking are way behind every other top sport in this country ... I know, big surprise hey!

Also on the Sydney thing. I think that was recently re-confirmed as true too.

Active Now

• Yem
  • BroncoFan94
  • BroncsNBundy
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Horseheadsup
  • Spoon
  • jd87
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Skyblues87
  • LittleDavey
  • Wolfie
  • lynx000
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Battler
  • Harry Sack
  • marw
  • Behold
  • GCBRONCO
  • Bronx48
... and 74 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.