NEWS Reluctant sex-symbol Anthony Seibold's lawyers may have struck gold

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Criminal lawyer, Bill Potts said while criminal defamation rarely succeeds, it might give Pies something to do after he's sacked. He'd hit the gossipers under federal law with using a carriage service to intimidate or harass. Both the state and federal charges have a maximum prison length of three years:

“I would be urging him to both make police complaints to the federal police over the use of a carriage way, state police with respect to criminal defamation, I would be seeking restraining orders in the Supreme Court and suing them for defamation. It’s not freedom of speech, it’s the equivalent of yelling fire in a cinema, and burning someone’s reputation to the ground."

Tiananmen sq

You can never have too many tanks

Expert media lawyer Justin Quill sees the dollar signs, and likes them very much:

“If it’s just made up and malicious that adds to it, but it’s a difficult thing to put a finger on but I would say it is without question many hundreds of thousands of dollars. There is nothing good whatsoever that comes from trolls who just abuse or worse, make up these lies so if by his actions he can assist in that process then that would be a benefit not only to himself but to the community and society,”

Seibold’s personal vultures, Howden Saggers Lawyers, reckon they're 90% sure they can extract sweet revenge, as long as Pies keeps sending them money.

McHunt

Last edited:
So yeah, they have nothing.

Sometimes though, you have to be seen to be doing something as opposed to bending over and just taking it. There's a lot at stake here for Seibold, given his high public profile, and that his family is involved, and also generally for all victims of cowardly, vicious smear campaigns.

Last edited:
Sometimes though, you have to be seen to be doing something as opposed to bending over and just taking it. There's a lot at stake here for Seibold, given his high public profile, and that his family is involved, and also generally for all victims of cowardly, vicious smear campaigns.

Yeah but so far he is just seen to be doing nothing. His so called attack dogs have shown nothing despite claims of imminent success.
If he doesn’t put something out there soon he is going to look more of an idiot than he already does if that’s possible.

He could've gone on the radio and dismissed it like Corey Oates but instead he chose to become the celebrity face of histrionic legal threats over petty gossip.

He never should have gone down the legal pathways and just come out and said it’s all bullshit, assuming it is.

You think he is worried about burning cash when he will negotiate a hefty payment from us to run away.
Even if it's 200k, when you are likely to get a drop of 2mill plus thatsalotapies from whats left over.

You think he is worried about burning cash when he will negotiate a hefty payment from us to run away.
Even if it's 200k, when you are likely to get a drop of 2mill plus thatsalotapies from whats left over.
When he’s never going to work again $200k is a significant chunk to light on fire

True, if he can manage to get another coaching position after being paid out, he could do very well out of this. Maybe in the Bundesrepublik Deutschland.

But I was under the impression that the club was picking up the tab for this wild goose chase?

True, if he can manage to get another coaching position after being paid out, he could do very well out of this. Maybe in the Bundesrepublik Deutschland.

I'm sure there could be a spot for an innovative, young former coach of the year who can nail an interview.
Who can resist a coach with a ghetto blaster and a super stat man.

Seibold's lawyer has the "dossier" and as expected it's a pile of steaming turd. Pie's overlord Karl Morris can't even be arsed to read it:

“The report is in, I am yet to read it but it could take weeks or months of further investigation."

Dobbo reckons Seibold's stink is going to linger longer:

“He (Morris) told me he (Seibold) is two years into a five-year deal and they do not believe he is the wrong bloke for this job. He is committed to Anthony Seibold as the coach and so is the board.”

Fittler can't see Pies ever coaching again, if he pulls the pin now:

“If he walks away from here that’s the end of coaching I’d say for Anthony Seibold. He went up to the Broncos with a pretty good team and everything has turned to crap pretty quickly, so there’s a big chance that when all the dust settles, a lot of it is going to be on Anthony Seibold’s shoulders and he’s going to have to wait an awful long time for another gig. Walking away isn’t that easy, this could possibly be the end of a coaching dream. You wonder how much value could he be adding at the moment, but if I was him, I’m not sure walking away is the best answer.”

Rj1 1486488961

Know when to fold 'em

But Gould says he should quit now while he still has a few of his marbles left:

“I wouldn’t blame him if he walked away from this, for his own sanity and for the peace of mind of his family. Being as coaches, we’re competitive people we don’t want to give in to these types of things, but there’s a reality there — that would probably be the best course of action.”

McHunt

Last edited:
So has he ever come out and said that the rumours were straight up false? Or did he just hire lawyers as a way to threaten people to stop spreading the rumours?

If the lawyers can't find who started it, what's to say the same rumours won't begin spreading again once the person responsible realises there's no way it will be traced back to them?

So has he ever come out and said that the rumours were straight up false? Or did he just hire lawyers as a way to threaten people to stop spreading the rumours?
No he hasn't. Not even once. He's just been making threats.

In fairness, it wouldn't be in his best interest to get specific about every detail in every rumour. Nor can he say "all the rumours are false," for the same reason. But he could do what Corey did and say there's a lot of far fetched shit being said, it's upsetting his family and take it with a grain of salt, but people are people, and people like to fill vacuums with noise. Now can we move on and talk about the footy.

Last edited:

Active Now

• Skyblues87
  • Sproj
  • Thelmus
  • KateBroncos1812
  • FACTHUNT
  • sooticus
  • GCBRONCO
  • Harry Sack
  • Foordy
  • Browny
  • Organix
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Jazza
  • Manlyman
  • Wolfie
  • Fitzy
  • Brocko
  • Fozz
  • Morkel
  • BroncosAlways
... and 11 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.