Rep Round Discussion

Tonga have got nothing in attack.

Tonga need a better spine but who is coming through?

They have the pack, they have the outside backs, but they don't have the spine to threaten the top teams.

Now that was very soft.

And that's game over.

t
Put that half decent Samoan spine in the Tongan side, they’d give Australia a run as would easily account for NZ.
I find it fascinating that Tonga is full of top tier forwards while Samoa has top tier spine players.

Earlier someone mentioned that people can't play origin and represent a 2nd tier nation. That's incorrect, the rules have changed. Origin has no impact on international eligibility. NSW has specifically decided not to select anyone who would be unavailable on the second week due to the pacific test. All the NRL needs to do to rectify this is keep the rep round but have origin on the Wednesday still.

Tonga showing that 2017 was just a fluke...

That's 3 tries straight through TPJ (2x SJ + 1 Hughes).... he really needs to sort out his defence.

Can't defend in the middle and can't defend at all on the edge

Yeah, his projected salary for next contract is probably going down and down.

Last edited:
Tonga showing that 2017 was just a fluke...
Their halves have offered nothing despite being behind a huge forward pack... not sure why they started havili over Fainu either

Taumalolo's numbers looked really poor, especially for someone of his ability. Haven't seen that happen in a loooong time. Fonua-Blake and Taukeiaho were great, just as they have been all year.

So far the games have been blowouts.

Doesn't really make it as enjoyable to watch.

Their halves have offered nothing despite being behind a huge forward pack... not sure why they started havili over Fainu either

I'm not sure why they insist with Asiata at 6. Surely they can find someone else?

You want him as a ball playing forward, looking to create something around the middle third but instead he's stuck at 6 and it's hampering his game.

So far the games have been blowouts.

Doesn't really make it as enjoyable to watch.
Disappointing from Lebanon... could've been a bit more threatening if Twal, Mansour and Moses were playing. Getting a bit sick of these princess players and teams happy to take all the money from the game and spew garbage that they want to be bigger stakeholders, but then decide they don't want to help expand the game.
[automerge]1561191529[/automerge]
Crowd is disappointing at Leichardt.

I think they would've been better off playing this double header in Townsville with PNG and Fiji being represented.

Last edited:
Looking forward to two things in the PNG game, Gebbie and Coates.

Gebbie has easily been the form fullback in the ISC. Strong runner on the right after one season with the Hunters he’s killing it with Wynnum. Big game tonight could be the catalyst for some sort of train deal. Breaks tackles and makes ground that’s his go to. No passing no kicking just stop me.

Coates will only be his second game against men, first game I thought he stayed out too much- led to two tries but I love his running at tired forwards. He has such great energy anytime I’ve seen him stay out is a shame. Great game sense. Love his development in 12 months- last year for Queensland he wasn’t ready and got lost out there. 12 months on was sensational.

Active Now

• Alec
  • sooticus
  • I bleed Maroon
  • BroncosAlways
  • Santa
  • Johnny92
  • Bish
  • Jazza
  • Bucking Beads
  • broncos4life
  • Fatboy
  • Aldo
  • GCBRONCO
  • Sproj
  • Manofoneway
  • ChewThePhatt
  • LGH
  • Lurker
  • Mick_Hancock
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.