Rep Weekend

I was a bit dissapointed. Didn't really look to impose himself, especially when Samoa made their comeback. Was their captain last night but never really featured.

I think that’s harsh TBH. Was screaming for the ball most of the game but Lino would never give it to him. It was bizarre TBH, like you wouldn’t be surprised to find out there was off-field issues with them.

I was a bit dissapointed. Didn't really look to impose himself, especially when Samoa made their comeback. Was their captain last night but never really featured.

Leilua was captain.

He wasn't really given much of a chance to impose himself on the game. Lino just wasn't giving him much of a chance to, he just kept trying to go for the power play instead of passing out the back to Milford. Milford did get into first receiver several times to try and spark something, but he couldn't do that every time he wanted the ball. He was screaming for the ball most of the game, but Lino just wouldn't pass it to him. Late in the game when Samoa were coming back, Milford could spot the numbers on the right so he ran that way and called for the ball, but Lino just went for a short ball to Papali'i who had no chance of scoring and instead of a try being scored, Tonga get the ball back and get a penalty up the field which ended any chance Samoa had.

What about in defence? Was he as bad as the highlights show?

Leilua was captain.

He wasn't really given much of a chance to impose himself on the game. Lino just wasn't giving him much of a chance to, he just kept trying to go for the power play instead of passing out the back to Milford. Milford did get into first receiver several times to try and spark something, but he couldn't do that every time he wanted the ball. He was screaming for the ball most of the game, but Lino just wouldn't pass it to him. Late in the game when Samoa were coming back, Milford could spot the numbers on the right so he ran that way and called for the ball, but Lino just went for a short ball to Papali'i who had no chance of scoring and instead of a try being scored, Tonga get the ball back and get a penalty up the field which ended any chance Samoa had.

Could of sworn I saw the "C" next to his name on channel 9. Probably just seeing things again.

What about in defence? Was he as bad as the highlights show?
I thought his defence was pretty good in general. Are you more talking about his positioning in their tries? If so, no fullback could cover that much ground the way Tonga were moving the ball around.

I think that’s harsh TBH. Was screaming for the ball most of the game but Lino would never give it to him. It was bizarre TBH, like you wouldn’t be surprised to find out there was off-field issues with them.
Yeah, you're right, Lino was doing his own thing out there. Can't even remember the other half touching it much tbh.

Could of sworn I saw the "C" next to his name on channel 9. Probably just seeing things again.
I saw on twitter that he was announced as one of their captains.

They had more than one I believe. I remember hearing him referred to as a captain

I’ve only seen highlights but how did Milford go at fullback? He was nowhere to be seen in defence during most of their tries

He certainly did Boyd proud in the whinging and arm flapping department.

NSW giving us a flogging in the residents game. Couple of poor defensive efforts from Seve and Walters. We look so inferior.

Pearson also not playing well enough to even knock back on our door.

Pearson also not playing well enough to even knock back on our door.

Pearson has had very little ball tbf and none of it much quality either, but none of our backs are getting much either. Walters has been really poor in defence. They seem to know our right side looks fairly ordinary defensively. Our forwards are just being dominated.

Unread

Active Now

• Porthoz
  • Galah
  • Battler
  • MrRobot
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Johnny92
  • Morkel
  • I bleed Maroon
  • NSW stables
  • Broncosgirl
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.