Ricky Stuart (liar or memory problem)

Scotty said:
I think you're clutching at straws there Dukey.

Hardly. Kaz was calling Stuart a liar, when in actual fact it was Kaz's memory that was wrong.

Kaz said:
If you heard what he said, he mentioned that it was going on for a week leading up to the game.

Not according to the article you yourself quoted at the start of this thread. Have you got another link?

dukey said:
Scotty said:

Hardly. Kaz was calling Stuart a liar, when in actual fact it was Kaz's memory that was wrong.

Technically they're both wrong, but Kaz was closer to the truth than Stuart. Stuart was talking out of his arse.

Not that this matters at all anyway [icon_lol1.

Scotty said:
dukey said:
Scotty said:

Technically they're both wrong, but Kaz was closer to the truth than Stuart. Stuart was talking out of his arse.

But he's 100% correct on this occasion. And I can only imagine what the crowd's mood would've been when they'd found out about Wally's retirement 10 minutes before the game. If anything, I'd say they were probably MORE emotional and fired up than Darren's supporters will be next Wednesday, having had a few months to actually come to terms with it.
It's a completely valid point by Stuart, and if anyone's clutching at straws in this thread, it's Kaz in her attempts to find something to ridicule him over.

In conclusion, Ricky Stuart has experienced being the fodder for a farewell once, and he'll get another dose on Wednesday week.

dukey said:
Scotty said:
dukey said:
Scotty said:

But he's 100% correct on this occasion. And I can only imagine what the crowd's mood would've been when they'd found out about Wally's retirement 10 minutes before the game. If anything, I'd say they were probably MORE emotional and fired up than Darren's supporters will be next Wednesday, having had a few months to actually come to terms with it.
It's a completely valid point by Stuart, and if anyone's clutching at straws in this thread, it's Kaz in her attempts to find something to ridicule him over.

How the **** is he 100% correct? He's implying that because it was Lewis' last game, the Maroons had an unfair advantage across the board as everyone was so pumped for Wallys farewell. But that wasn't common knowledge until just before kickoff. Really, the build up to the game would have been hardly any different to any other origin game. He's talking out of his arse, trying to buy sympathy for the Blues.

Scotty said:
dukey said:
Scotty said:
dukey said:
Scotty said:

How the **** is he 100% correct? He's implying that because it was Lewis' last game, the Maroons had an unfair advantage across the board as everyone was so pumped for Wallys farewell. But that wasn't common knowledge until just before kickoff. Really, the build up to the game would have been hardly any different to any other origin game. He's talking out of his arse, trying to buy sympathy for the Blues.

Not the build-up; but the actual game itself. Imagine being in the Blues locker room, and someone pokes their head in to say that Queensland's favourite and best ever player just announced that this is his last game. And then imagine how absolutely feral, boisterous, and impassioned the crowd would be as you run out of the sheds. And how fired up the Maroons would be. Forgive the cliche, but Origin is all about passion, and I can't see anybody mustering up more passion than the Maroons could have in that situation.
The only difference this year is that Ricky and co know ahead of time that Darren's teammates and fans will be saying goodbye at this game. He knows what he's in for.

Exactly. so it's nothing like it. And thus Stuart's making a fuss about nothing.

Just like we knew it was Fittler's last Origin in 2004.

Coxy said:
Exactly. so it's nothing like it. And thus Stuart's making a fuss about nothing.

Wasn't Game 3 in 2001 supposed to be Fittlers last Origin? Then Alfie came back from England and proverbially pissed all over Freddys face.

Scotty said:
Coxy said:

Wasn't Game 3 in 2001 supposed to be Fittlers last Origin? Then Alfie came back from England and proverbially pissed all over Freddys face.

Yeah, so Freddy came out of retirement in 2004 and had another farewell :P

Bit like Alf in 2001 and 2002 [icon_lol1.

I Loved it when Freddy cried when he lost at his first "farewell" [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1.

Then he had to come back in 2004 and win :evil: [icon_non

mrslong said:
I Loved it when Freddy cried when he lost at his first "farewell".

Then he had to come back in 2004 and win

But he will be remembered for his 1 swan song game. [icon_evillaugh

Lucky they won in 2004 or Freddy would still be playing his swan song game. [icon_lol1.

Kaz said:
mrslong said:
I Loved it when Freddy cried when he lost at his first "farewell".

Then he had to come back in 2004 and win

But he will be remembered for his 1 swan song game. [icon_evillaugh

Lucky they won in 2004 or Freddy would still be playing his swan song game. [icon_lol1.

NRL+Rd+19+Roosters+v+Warriors+FO6wtPpKMKgl.jpg

dukey said:
Kaz said:
If you heard what he said, he mentioned that it was going on for a week leading up to the game.

Not according to the article you yourself quoted at the start of this thread. Have you got another link?

So the article Kaz linked didn't have Stuart's full quote, so here it is for you:

At the team announcement, Stuart claimed Queenslanders would go out of their way to disrupt the Blues preparation, from the time the team arrived in Brisbane next Monday until kick-off.

He compared it to the farewell for Maroons legend Wally Lewis in 1991 when Stuart was the Blues halfback.

"We will be disrupted everywhere we go, in regards to grounds, buses, the whole lot," he said.

"It happened to me in 1991. I was a player, the series was one-all, we went to Brisbane and it was Wally Lewis's last game and the whole environment changed.

"It was all about Wally as it's going to be about Darren. Every extra hurdle is going to be thrown at us when we get to Brisbane.
So these disruptions (the injuries and NRL match) are going to be minor compared with what is confronting us when we go to Brisbane.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl ... 6082404516

He is clearly insinuating everyone in Qld was involved in some kind of conspiracy all week to go the extra mile to disrupt the Blues BECAUSE is was Wally's last game. Clearly that was not true as no-one knew in the lead up.

But hey if he needs to do that in order to generate some passion / fire up his troops then go your hardest Ricky.

Flutterby said:
dukey said:
Kaz said:

So the article Kaz linked didn't have Stuart's full quote, so here it is for you:

At the team announcement, Stuart claimed Queenslanders would go out of their way to disrupt the Blues preparation, from the time the team arrived in Brisbane next Monday until kick-off.

He compared it to the farewell for Maroons legend Wally Lewis in 1991 when Stuart was the Blues halfback.

"We will be disrupted everywhere we go, in regards to grounds, buses, the whole lot," he said.

"It happened to me in 1991. I was a player, the series was one-all, we went to Brisbane and it was Wally Lewis's last game and the whole environment changed.

"It was all about Wally as it's going to be about Darren. Every extra hurdle is going to be thrown at us when we get to Brisbane.
So these disruptions (the injuries and NRL match) are going to be minor compared with what is confronting us when we go to Brisbane.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl ... 6082404516

He is clearly insinuating everyone in Qld was involved in some kind of conspiracy all week to go the extra mile to disrupt the Blues BECAUSE is was Wally's last game. Clearly that was not true as no-one knew in the lead up.

But hey if he needs to do that in order to generate some passion / fire up his troops then go your hardest Ricky.

Erm - most of what you've highlighted is in future tense. The only thing he says happened in '91 is that the environment changed for them upon Wally's retirement. Everything else is what he's expecting from a state that knows ahead of time that a living legend is about to play his final game. It's quite an easy distinction to make. But hey, if you want to desperately search for reasons to bash Stuart, go crazy. icon_thumbs_u

Ummm - how about "He compared it to the farewell for Maroons legend Wally Lewis in 1991 when Stuart was the Blues halfback.

"It happened to me in 1991."

Interpretation - I know it's going to happen this year due to Locky's retirement because it's what happened in 1991 due to Wally's retirement. [icon_razz1

And FTR I am not a Stuart basher - have said from the get-go he's the best selection the Blues could have made this year.

Active Now

• Foordy
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Socnorb
  • Sproj
  • Bucking Beads
  • barker
  • The True King
  • Johnny92
  • broncsgoat
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Wolfie
  • Fitzy
  • Matheos
  • Waynesaurus
  • HarryAllan7
  • Mister Wright
  • broncos4life
  • Big Del
  • the_next
  • GCBRONCO
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.