RL Immortality vs. Dolphins

Yes, they last won in 95.

FTR; Redcliffe and Wynnum have supplied more Broncos than any other QRL team. The 85-86 Seagulls were argueably the greatest team in Australia. The Bulldogs were too scared to play them!!!

- Wally Lewis
- Gene Miles
- Colin Scott
- John Plath
- Andy Tessman
- Greg Dowling
- Bobby Lindner
- French Brothers

88 Broncos couldn't have existed without Wynnum, hence, they are RL Immortality.

OK, Wynnum narrowly beat Wests for most recent title (1993). You win.

Though Toowoomba Clydesdales won the QLD Cup in 1996 with no Bronco involvement.
And Easts Tigers won the 2004 QLD Cup with no NRL affiliation either.

Wynnum have had the Broncos as an affiliate for 2 or 3 seasons now and still EPIC FAIL :P

Redcliffe are, without question, the best lower division rugby league club in Australia.

For all of their faults, and there are many, you're spot on about Redcliffe, Coxy. Impressive club.

I'm supporting Redcliffe I suppose. my other teams aren't in the QRL, my number 1 team was Toowoomba (born and bred on the Darling Downs - the Bronx are lucky I still support them after what they did to the Clydies!), my number 2 team is Western Districts.... hopefully they get a QRL team soon!!!!! then my 3rd team and number 1 current QRL team is the Devils and they are well, we all know how crap they went this year. Shamus.

So that leaves Reddy. Hmmm, even though they are eveel: i usually end up getting sucked in to supporting them, despite their evilness.

mrslong said:
I'm supporting Redcliffe I suppose. my other teams aren't in the QRL, my number 1 team was Toowoomba (born and bred on the Darling Downs - the Bronx are lucky I still support them after what they did to the Clydies!), my number 2 team is Western Districts.... hopefully they get a QRL team soon!!!!! then my 3rd team and number 1 current QRL team is the Devils and they are well, we all know how crap they went this year. Shamus.

So that leaves Reddy. Hmmm, even though they are eveel: i usually end up getting sucked in to supporting them, despite their evilness.

WhatTF did the Broncos do to the Clydesdales? Other than pour money and talent their way for best part of a decade?

Coxy said:
mrslong said:

WhatTF did the Broncos do to the Clydesdales? Other than pour money and talent their way for best part of a decade?
withdrew that money without giving them enough notice to get the ball in motion to keep their team going.... meaning they had to fold [icon_thumbs_do They just should've kept giving them money, it was handy for me as a supporter of the clydies [icon_shady

mrslong said:

[icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1.

Sorry to burst your ignorance, but the Clydesdales would've died in 1995 if it wasn't for the Broncos.

Everyone gets pissed off with the fact that a lot of players were drafted in and it wasn't a "local" team anymore, but the Broncos are the only thing that kept the Clydesdales alive for a decade. I thought that'd be pretty clear since the Broncs pulled their support/funding and the team folded.

I hate it too because I grew to love the Clydies, but you have to be realistic here!

mick! said:
mrslong said:

Sorry to burst your ignorance, but the Clydesdales would've died in 1995 if it wasn't for the Broncos.

The broncos only come on board with Toowoomba in '99 didnt they eusa_think

BroncoMatt said:
mick! said:
mrslong said:

The broncos only come on board with Toowoomba in '99 didnt they eusa_think

Correct, and they only started playing in the QLD Cup in 1996.

Argh... I actually meant to say 98, but it seems I was wrong anyway...

mick! said:
mrslong said:

Everyone gets pissed off with the fact that a lot of players were drafted in and it wasn't a "local" team anymore, but the Broncos are the only thing that kept the Clydesdales alive for a decade. I thought that'd be pretty clear since the Broncs pulled their support/funding and the team folded.

I hate it too because I grew to love the Clydies, but you have to be realistic here!
yeah i know, i know...

[icon_shady i just wished the bronx could've set them up for life! it was great having a home team for me to support! :cry:

Norths fan all my life, but i support wynnum 2nd, dads a wynnum man, used to go to kougari every 2nd saturday/sunday.

Active Now

• phoenix
  • davidp
  • Sproj
  • thenry
  • Brocko
  • BroncosAlways
  • Battler
  • winslow_wong
  • IceWorks
  • Fatboy
  • Jeza23
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Lostboy
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Stix
  • Fozz
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Skathen
  • broncoscope
... and 11 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.