RLWC 2021 Sem Finals Discussion

I am still clinging to the belief that Cleary is a manufactured superstar. Still very good, but nowhere near the best player in the game, like some experts try to claim. If his team isn't being carried by the refs he is quality, but nothing close to Cronk, JT, Lockyer etc.

He dominates in games where his team has repeated field position and pressure, and the opposition is off their feet due to the allowances Cleary's team is given.

Looking forward to seeing Cleary up against Luai next week. Hate to say it, but Luai looked the better of the two over the weekend. And I mean I REALLY hate to say that. Seriously readjusting my future immortal rating of Cleary, especially after SOO 3 this year. But still hate Luai every bit as much.
Yep, Luai being a passenger carried by Cleary really doesn't hold up he's a gun five eight, he's just a shit ****, but no denying his talent.

I am still clinging to the belief that Cleary is a manufactured superstar. Still very good, but nowhere near the best player in the game, like some experts try to claim. If his team isn't being carried by the refs he is quality, but nothing close to Cronk, JT, Lockyer etc.

He dominates in games where his team has repeated field position and pressure, and the opposition is off their feet due to the allowances Cleary's team is given.
Except they fall apart in his absence. A bit like the Storm without that Kiwi goblin they have at halfback.

Yep, Luai being a passenger carried by Cleary really doesn't hold up he's a gun five eight, he's just a shit ****, but no denying his talent.

He does go missing on occasion though when things get tough.

One thing I will say, Samoa looked a heck of a lot better than NZ did last night and Australia struggled to put them away. This should be a good final.
They look far more cohesive than the Aussies.... Harry is about the only one that does anything creatively for Australia.

It's hard to tell, I thought NZ did alot of damage to Australia when they went for the offloads in the first half, the second turned more into a slog which kind of killed game and NZ attack.

Samoa should go into the game trying to keep the ball in play at all costs and I think that will be their best strategy for winning, also the pressure is completely off them which helps.

This is where Australia and England are going to differ. NZ were getting a lot of second phase play going in the first half, but Australia still had the composure to grind their way back into the game and when they were presented with their opportunities, they took them. They won't be like England and force plays, they will play patient and strike when the opportunity presents itself.

Samoa might unsettle Australia early on, but they are going to have their work cut out for them as the game goes on and Australia start getting more possession and field position. They have far too much experience in these types of games, especially Origin experience. IMO Samoa's only hope is to try and starve Australia of possession and field position. The players will need to play the game of their lives.

In the wake of Samoa making the World Cup final, Brad Fittler wants players from tier 1 nations to be eligible to play Origin. claiming that the Radley situations will bring things to a head

The NRL is planning to review and simplify the entire Origin eligibility protocols.

Officials reportedly want rugby league to become the number one sport in the Pacific, and for that reason it is unlikely for Samoa to be elevated to tier one status, given players could choose the money from Origin over Samoa.

Brad Fittler says:

“The Victor Radley situation will most probably bring things to a head. I’m sure they will sit down and look at eligibility straight after the World Cup,” Fittler said. “They are old rules and the game is (now) different.

“In you play in NSW or Queensland before you’re 13 years old — and play in the junior systems — then you should have the right to play for NSW and Queensland. It shouldn’t matter which international team you play for.

“I think we have shown a weakness in the World Cup with the score lines. The more those players can go and play State of Origin, and high-level games, the better international competition is going to be.

“Origin rules shouldn’t be determined by who you want to play for internationally. I don’t think international football should have any bearing on State of Origin.

“(Storm centre) Reimis Smith is a really good example — born in Mascot, played for Mascot and ended up playing for New Zealand. It took him out of playing for NSW. Yet he played for NSW Schoolboys and NSW under-19s.”

Asked whether Samoa could become a tier one nation, Fittler: “I don’t think it will (happen) but if it does we will face that if it happens.”

It begins...

"Unfortunately we can not beat Ebay's price of $5.20 including postage, as Ebay stores will often have an inventory of mass-produced products whereas we have to print this as a one-off custom job".

"oh i just thort being local youd be able to beet the price..."

It begins...

View attachment 20267

"Unfortunately we can not beat Ebay's price of $5.20 including postage, as Ebay stores will often have an inventory of mass-produced products whereas we have to print this as a one-off custom job".

Why can't you BEET the price? Beets beats bears.

the World Cup MRC, love to issue a warning.

Paulo has been issued a warning for his dangerous throw on Burgess and is free to play in the final

It begins...

View attachment 20267

Yeah why can’t you do it for three fitty?

stan marsh guy GIF by South Park

I think Samoa won despite having Milford in their team.

Aye I often think Milford isn't as dog shit as he's made out to be most times, he was actually decent at the Knights mostly but jezus, against England literally everytime the ball came near him he fucked up.

This is where Australia and England are going to differ. NZ were getting a lot of second phase play going in the first half, but Australia still had the composure to grind their way back into the game and when they were presented with their opportunities, they took them. They won't be like England and force plays, they will play patient and strike when the opportunity presents itself.

Samoa might unsettle Australia early on, but they are going to have their work cut out for them as the game goes on and Australia start getting more possession and field position. They have far too much experience in these types of games, especially Origin experience. IMO Samoa's only hope is to try and starve Australia of possession and field position. The players will need to play the game of their lives.
Although a few years ago, when Tonga beat Australia they did show that even Aus will get desperate and throw shit at the wall if they are behind close to the end, but the hard job is actually being ahead in the first place.

They will need to play at their absolute best and use their passion to win, Australia still is very clunky and is often having to rely on individuals to score which can be exploited if they continue to play like that.

Active Now

• barker
  • bert_lifts
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Alec
  • Porthoz
  • Johnny92
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Lozza
  • lynx000
  • Pablo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.