RLWC 2021 Week 1 Discussion

From what I watched, which wasn't a incredibly large amount, it really looked like a great game

Well that video ref decision will certainly be discussed.

Good game PNG.

They played their hearts out and were very very very unlucky not to come away with the win.

Disappointed for PNG. They left a few tries out there that should have been scored.

I feel maybe tonga and samoan have bought into their own hype. I think tonga thought it would be an easy win.

Disappointed for PNG. They left a few tries out there that should have been scored.

I feel maybe tonga and samoan have bought into their own hype. I think tonga thought it would be an easy win.
I think Tonga's spine is lacking, particularly in the halves.

I think they had Amone and Staggs in the halves for the mid year test, and I don't rate Amone all that much after that game.

Lolohea is an upgrade in the halves, but is he a genuine 7 that can compensate having an Amone next to him??

They went with an 18yr old this game instead of him, so that doesnt necessarily say much about him.

Hooker then becomes a problem because there's like 3 good ones in the NRL.

They started with a second rower in there this game, with Soni off the bench.... I think Soni looks a decent prospect and will be coming up through the Panthers first grade next year so that is promising for them.

Their pack is monstrous though and would have to be considered one of the best in the world... so if they can get a decent spine together then they could do well.

I didnt see the Tonga game, but Samoa looked way off the pace.... I'd like to see how they go as the tournament develops and they get a chance to build on combinations.

NZ were always a team that got stronger as a tournament went on and Tonga and Samoa may be similar.

I expected a close game, PNG go hard when they play even if they might not have the player quality to go all the way.

There's been some really fun tries so far. That one above, the final Greek try, Manu's freak try, Tonga's match sealer and Addo-Carr going full length.

No joke, take a guess who is 18th (number 19 in this case) man for Cook Islands. Haha you won't believe it.

I mean, surely it has to be a meme by this point right? Even in a team full of reserve graders, he STILL can't make the grade?

Try or no try? On-field call was no try.

Video ref only needs sufficient evidence to overturn. It doesn't have to be 100% conclusive.

Vlcsnap 2022 10 19 22h13m54s106

There’s a lot of talk of Australia being weak and other countries being much stronger now and this is true in terms of other countries but man, the side Australia didn’t pick / are injured and not over there is still pretty amazing and this is just off the top of my head:

1. TTurbo
2. Oates
3. Best
4. Gagai
5. Cobbo/Feldt
6. Walker
7. Reynolds
8. Welch
9. Cook
10. Haas
11. Capewell
12. Lane
13. Finucane

14. Mahoney
15. Arrow
16. Flegler
17. Papenheuzen

Brendan Piakura not playing in this game.

That's shit.

Surprised it took so long for Wales to score.

Active Now

• Aldo
  • Alec
  • Broncosgirl
  • Xzei
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Lurker
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Harry Sack
  • Mr Fourex
  • broncos4life
  • Wolfie
  • kman
  • barker
  • Morkel
  • Griffo
  • BroncosAlways
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.