RLWC 2021 Week 2 Discussion

NSW stables

NSW stables

NRL Player
May 3, 2019
The opposition isn’t as good but this is clearly a better Aussie team than last week. The Panther additions are already making a huge statement. Cleary is a magician.

Poor Scotland are making like 15m per set.
The line speed is awesome. I am disappointed only carrigan from our squad made it. If we had a few more players in there they may see how much easier it is to defend against teams when you have aggressive line speed. They may have brought it back to the club.

I have noticed that the enforcement of holding down in tackle is a little lax, and the top tier teams are taking full advantage.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Goddamn.

That was a nerve-wracking game. So close! Australia got there in the end, though!

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
This is why world cups are boring

I think World Cups are still good to have, but there needs to be more on the International calender.

I would love for them to bring back the International tours and also bring back the Four Nations but include two more teams and make it six nations instead.

Australia, England, New Zealand automatic selections and Samoa, Lebanon, PNG, Fiji and Tonga to battle it out for the remaining spots.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Coates is out of the world cup with another hamstring injury.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
Too many teams that will never be competitive. Other sports try to copy the Football world cup but they will never have the amount of competetive teams to make it work.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Too many teams that will never be competitive. Other sports try to copy the Football world cup but they will never have the amount of competetive teams to make it work.
It's not like there's 20 competitive football teams either. Only 8 countries have won a FIFA world cup.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
It's not like there's 20 competitive football teams either.

I reckon they are competitive enough though. I think there would be 10 teams that would be genuine contenders to win the tournament, then you would have another group who with a bit of luck would challenge. In league there are still ony 3 teams that are going to win the thing.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
I reckon they are competitive enough though. I think there would be 10 teams that would be genuine contenders to win the tournament, then you would have another group who with a bit of luck would challenge. In league there are still ony 3 teams that are going to win the thing.
Yeah and even the lesser teams are just competitive enough to dream of an upset over a heavy weight and that’s pretty exciting - eg Aus v Italy years ago.

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
It's not like there's 20 competitive football teams either. Only 8 countries have won a FIFA world cup.

That's a good 6 countries more than Rugby League

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
The problem is expounded by the fact some of these countries are into rugby, its just union. So imagine if these countries' citizens are interested and then, if you are Scottish and used to having a pretty competitive union team, seeing what happened this morning. You'd switch it off within 5 minutes.

On the world cup thing @Wolfie, union's one is pretty competitive. Any given year, all of South Africa, New Zealand, Australia (well sort of), France, Scotland, Ireland, Wales and England can all dream of making it deep in the comp and being competitive. Then you have reasonably competitive teams from Argentina, Japan, Italy and Fiji. Samoa and Tonga also can usually hold their heads up albeit never in contention of course. You then have legit comps in places like Serbia, Romania, Canada, etc.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
The problem is expounded by the fact some of these countries are into rugby, its just union. So imagine if these countries' citizens are interested and then, if you are Scottish and used to having a pretty competitive union team, seeing what happened this morning. You'd switch it off within 5 minutes.

On the world cup thing @Wolfie, union's one is pretty competitive. Any given year, all of South Africa, New Zealand, Australia (well sort of), France, Scotland, Ireland, Wales and England can all dream of making it deep in the comp and being competitive. Then you have reasonably competitive teams from Argentina, Japan, Italy and Fiji. Samoa and Tonga also can usually hold their heads up albeit never in contention of course. You then have legit comps in places like Serbia, Romania, Canada, etc.

Union is a lot better than Leagues. Just none of them have the volume of players Football has.

Unread

Active Now

• Waynesaurus
  • Bucking Beads
  • Dash
  • KickHaas
  • Lurker
  • Scdeac
  • Big Del
  • teampjta
  • Broncorob
  • Strop
  • Johnny92
  • Culhwch
  • mitch222
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.