Roberts found guilty

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Yeah I don't think any of us have a problem with the outcome, it is just the blatantness of the corruption we are all sick of. It just simply isn't a fair comp when so many outside influences affect the outcomes on the field.

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
I'm more pissed about the fact that we are constantly being held down by the defence and teams are just getting away with it. In my opinion that kick is on the refs and their inability to call games fairly.

Last edited:
noisetheory

noisetheory

NRL Captain
Mar 31, 2008
I'm more pissed about the fact that we are constantly being held down by the defence and teams are just getting away with it. In my opinion that kick is on the refs and their inability to call games fairly.

100% agree and this rarely gets a mention in the media (for obvious reasons) but teams are lying all over the ruck area against us and largely going unpunished.

the problem is the refs are instructed to try keep the penalty count "even", so even if the opposition give away a few penalties in the ruck, the refs will stop blowing them so that the count doesnt become too lopsided.

then when counts are in our favour its this "BRONCOS BIAS" bullshit when in reality the fact is we are just more disciplined.

Last edited:
Scorchie

Scorchie

NRL Captain
Contributor
Mar 16, 2008
I love league. You can plough your forearm into someone's neck or chest to 'show aggression' in a tackle but you can't halfkick a player who's in the way!

Mitchell_Broncos

Mitchell_Broncos

NRL Player
Jun 21, 2016
Mate he's a freak but we have plenty of young talent that will happily take his place. Many grub things?? What about spitting in bar staffs face abusive behaviour in public places. He's been punted by multiple clubs and fined by us. I don't see him having a long career.

I meant on the field.

Harry Sack

Harry Sack

International Rep
Forum Staff
Jun 12, 2013
Obviously the whole system needs an overhaul, but more than anything the carry over points and loading. He's had to cop that week off for a completely different offense......touching a ref. Another rule that seemed to depend on who you are.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
Obviously the whole system needs an overhaul, but more than anything the carry over points and loading. He's had to cop that week off for a completely different offense......touching a ref. Another rule that seemed to depend on who you are.

Was he also the only player found "guilty" of touching the ref???

abashii

abashii

NRL Player
Contributor
Jul 14, 2014
That charge was in the same week Klemmer challenged his charge for shoving a ref in the chest and somehow got let off, wasn't it?

tommy

tommy

International Rep
Jun 5, 2015
That charge was in the same week Klemmer challenged his charge for shoving a ref in the chest and somehow got let off, wasn't it?

It was definitely around the same time. Anyway Thurston, Smith and Hayne have all touched the ref during a game and not been charged. This is a discretionary charge depending on who you are.

Active Now

• Aldo
  • johnny plath
  • Broncorob
  • Lostboy
  • mitch222
  • Swordfish
  • MrMoore
  • winslow_wong
  • GCBRONCO
  • dasherhalo
  • Dash
  • Brocko
  • BooKhaki
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.